I presume you just opened your cafeteria or restaurant, but something is missing; i.e. the best commercial toaster.
In fact, I do not think any restaurants can operate in a developed nation or city without one of these essential pieces of equipment, bearing in mind that a toast is arguably the breakfast staple all around the world.
Picking the best commercial toaster is easier said than done. And this has been made a little bit harder by the fact that the process of choosing one is not quite the same as when it comes to choosing the best regular toaster.
In addition to that, I wouldn’t order 30+ commercial toasters just to test them all and come up with a shortlist of the best 6 I can present to you. With that in mind, I decided to approach this content from an entirely different direction.
Lucky for me, I have lots of friends who own restaurants, and most of them create delicious toasties. I thought it would be a wise idea to reach out to them and know which commercial toasters they were using and why they chose to go with them in the first place.
After receiving a list of around 15 toasters, I went ahead and placed an order for all of them so I could test them before creating the ultimate “6 best” review.
I hope you now get the idea of how I came up with this review and how I made sure that all products I present to you can meet your restaurant’s needs and toasting requirements.
Without wasting any more of your time, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the 6 best commercial toasters to get today.
The Top 6 Commercial Toasters in 2021
|20V Commercial Popup Toaster||13.1 lbs||Yes||15.3 x 15.7 x 11.5 in||4|
|Four-Compartment Pop-Up Toaster||7.52 lbs||Yes||4.5 x 16 x 4.5 in||4|
|Metal Classic 4-Slice Toaster||6.1 lbs||Yes||11.2 x 10.7 x 7.5 in||4|
|Hubert Commercial Toaster||8 lbs||Yes||12.8 x 12.5 x 8 in||4|
|Stainless Steel Conveyor Toaster||29.9 lbs||Yes||19 x 16 x 16.5 in||4|
|Extra-Wide Slot Commercial Toaster||6.1 lbs||Yes||12.2 x 8.4 x 12.4 in||4|
- The first thing that attracted me to this appliance (besides my friend’s recommendation) was its design. It is quite unique, and I believe that it will complement any kitchen’s interior décor regardless of its theme color.
- In addition to that, the toaster is also a pop-up version, which will come in handy in a kitchen where everyone gets carried away trying to take orders from the next customers waiting in line. The toasting quality was also impressive.
- Every slice that went into the appliance came out perfectly toasted; and this includes the 50th slice that went in after the toaster had been operating for more than two, continuous hours.
- And if you are scouring the internet for the best commercial toaster that can save on space without sacrificing its toasting quality, this is it as well.
- Delivers delicious toasties
- Consistent with its results
- Dual controls
- The exterior remains cool to the touch
- Multiple toasting levels for your chefs to choose from
- The next product in our enumeration is the first of the two products we will look at in this review from Waring. For those who are not familiar with this brand, it was founded more than a century ago and it is a reputable commercial manufacturer of large volume and high-performance kitchen appliances ranging from griddles, grills, food processors, mixers, blenders, to most importantly, commercial toasters.
- With that in mind, what sets this Waring WCT708 Four Compartment Pop Up Toaster apart from the other commercial toasters I left out of this enumeration? Well, for starters, it boasts one of the greatest build qualities I have ever come across.
- This quality ensures durability, which is a must-have feature when it comes to restaurant kitchen appliances in general. You do not want to be replacing an imperative product in a year or two. The durability of this appliance has been further reinforced by the hard to beat brushed steel material that completes it.
- This toaster also retails with extra-wide and deep slots that measure up to 1.4 inches. As you may have figured, this is sufficient to fit in bread slices of all sizes and shapes.
- In addition to that, different sorts of people from all walks of life will come to your restaurant, so you ought to have a kitchen appliance that can handle a wide array of meals.
- You don’t want a fan of artisan bread slices walking into your restaurants and receiving toasties that have not been baked on the top edges.
- The gadget’s slots also perfectly fit bagels and toasted them such that their outside surfaces were crunchy while the inside remained soft and warm.
- Another feature worth noting on this commercial toaster is the four self-centering bread racks. These are in place to ensure that every slice that goes into the appliance is placed perfectly so it can come out evenly toasted.
- Add to that the fact the toaster can deliver 225 bread slices each hour. I think that is sufficient to handle even those busy and rush hour mornings.
- And if you do not want a commercial toaster that is too hard to clean, you will love this masterpiece as well.
- It retails with a removable crumb tray that is responsible for collecting all the debris from toasted meals. All your chef will need to do is take it out, wipe it using a clean cloth, place it back into the toaster, and go back to delivering perfectly toasted slices.
- Extra-wide slots
- Durable to keep serving your restaurant for years
- Easy to use
- Delivered evenly toasted slices and maintained its consistency
- Can deliver 225 toastie slices per hour
- Easy to clean
- If you’re scouring the internet trying to find the best commercial toaster that can double up as a perfect four-slice toaster for home uses, then this is it. And you won’t need to worry about your kitchens’ interior décor either because the appliance can blend in with any theme colors.
- Housed in with high-quality brushed and polished stainless steel, this Cuisinart CPT – 180 4-Slice Toaster is also regarded as one of the most reliable toasters thanks to its dual control attribute. I will explain this feature briefly for those who are not familiar with it.
- The dual setting implies that you can use the first set of slots to prepare a meal (such as bagels) using a specific toasting level while at the same time using the second set of slots to prepare an entirely different meal (say English muffins) using another toasting level.
- Even just by looking at the product’s image above, you can tell that there are two different sets of identical controls.
- In addition to this, it also retails with six different browning levels. This allows it to accommodate everyone’s taste in your restaurant. If the first customer comes in and demands their toasties darkly toasted but another comes in and says they want theirs slightly toasted, then the toaster can take care of both of them at the same time.
- To top it off, when you receive the product from Amazon, the packaging itself will showcase the manufacturer’s commitment to every element of quality. In my case, the packaging was sufficient to leave awe on my face.
- Doesn’t make any noise while toasting
- Sturdy and durable
- Boasts six different browning levels
- The package includes an instruction book
- Very lightweight so it is easy to move around
- The exterior remains cool to the touch
- I can confidently say that this Hubert commercial toaster boasts one of the coolest designs I have ever seen on a four-slice toaster. I would not be surprised if most people who recommended the product confess that they were first attracted to it by its unique design as well.
- That said, the appliance was very impressive when it came to the toasting department. I tested it using the thickest bread slices I could find and all of them came out perfectly toasted. You will also appreciate the fact that this toaster is protected by a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Boasts a very unique design
- Easy to clean, thanks to the removable crumb tray
- The stainless-steel exterior ensures durability and resilience
- Very versatile
- Dual controls
- Exterior remains cool to the touch
- This is the king of all commercial toasters. It is not easy to use for beginners like most commercial toasters, but I think that is a small price to pay for years’ supply of perfectly toasted bread slices for your customers.
- The toasters’ standard slot-width of 2 inches also allowed it to accommodate bread slices of all sizes and shapes. This implies that the appliance can also be used to prepare a wide array of meals including, but not limited to, croissants, waffles, toasties, bagels, and even English Muffins.
- And if your chef has some slight experience with regular toasters, then you can rest assured they won’t face many issues while operating this appliance. The exterior is also cool to the touch in order to protect all your cooks from accidental burn injuries.
- Another feature that blew my mind on this Waring Commercial CTS1000B Conveyor Toaster was the fact it can deliver about 1000 perfectly toasted slices each hour. That is crazy and, without a doubt, the highest number in this enumeration. This also implies that you will never have to worry about your customers waiting too long in line for their toasties, regardless of whether it is the rush hour or not.
- That said, while toasting, ensure you do not come into skin contact with the area that bread slices fall in because it gets excessively hot during the operations.
- Can deliver up to 1000 toasties an hour
- Easy to maintain and clean after use
- Portable and lightweight given its size
- Sturdy, thanks to the heavy-duty construction
- This enumeration would not be complete if we did not include a product from Hamilton Beach, which is one of the most renowned kitchen appliances brand out there today.
- Just like most appliances in this enumeration, this Hamilton Beach 24850 also boasts dual control panels and its slots are wide enough to fit even the thickest bread slices I had. Other functions included in the appliance to improve its versatility are bagel and cancel settings.
- Extra-wide slots
- Boasts a stainless-steel housing to boost durability
- Easy to use and clean thanks to the removable crumb trays
- Looks aesthetic on any kitchen counter
I hope you found the perfect commercial toaster that can get your new restaurant up to speed. While reaching out to my friends who are restaurant owners, I also asked them the appliance that most of them would recommend. More than 70% of them mentioned the Waring Commercial CTS1000B Conveyor Toaster.
And honestly after close inspection, I can see why. The toaster’s performance level is astounding, it can withstand heavy use, and the number of slices it can deliver per hour ensures your restaurant will never be caught off-guard. Give it a try and feel free to come back and tell me what you think.
And what will be the best commercial toaster in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!