It took me roughly 1,200 hours of researching and testing to finally come up with this detailed review of the best wide toaster ovens. So, whichever you pick from this list, you can rest assured it will meet your toasting needs and requirements.
The main thing I tested was the amount of food the toaster ovens could accommodate. When the packages arrived from Amazon, I went to the store and acquired the largest artisan bread slices I could find. Only those toasters that could fit the most slices made it into this enumeration.
That said, space wasn’t the only thing I checked.
I also toasted the slices (as many as I could) back to back to see if the toasters were powerful enough to handle anything you throw in them in your kitchen. Other features I tested include ease of use, evenness, durability, sturdiness, ease of cleaning, aesthetics, cool to the touch exteriors, and more.
Without further delay, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the best wide toaster ovens money can buy today.
The Top 5 Best Wide Toaster Ovens in 2020
|Toaster Oven Name||Weight||Timer||Dimensions||Slice||Price|
|Air Fryer Toaster Oven||38.9 lbs||Yes||21.4 x 17.2 x 12.8 in||4|
|Large Toaster Oven||18.1 lbs||Yes||22 x 19.5 x 13 in||4|
|BLACK+DECKER Toaster Oven CTO6335S||15.76 lbs||Yes||22.8 x 13.4 x 15.5 in||8|
|Convection Countertop Toaster Oven||17.5 lbs||Yes||14.5 x 22 x 11.5 in||8|
|Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Oven||26 lbs||Yes||19.29 x 21.65 x 12.91 in||18|
- The first masterpiece in our enumeration is from Breville, one of the best home appliances brand out there at the moment.
- Breville BOV900BSS Convection and Air Fry Smart Oven’s interior could fit up to 9 artisan bread slices, a 14 pounds turkey, 13-inch pans, and even 12 cup muffin trays.
- To help you handle any cooking task that comes your way, the appliance also boasts 13 different preset cooking functions, including dehydrate, slow cook, cookies, reheat, Air fry, proof, pizza, warm, roast, bake, broil, bagel, and toast.
- Very versatile
- Retails with a 2-year limited product warranty
- Very powerful
- Has a spacious interior
- Easy to use for beginners
- Has been fitted with a super convection technology
- Takes up too much kitchen counter space
- Feet could be more anti-skid
- Oster French Convection Countertop & Toaster Oven’s unique selling proposition is evident even by just looking at the image above. Unlike other toaster ovens, it retails with two doors, but the single pull handle will open both doors.
- This appliance also has two rack positions with two racks. This means you can use it to prepare two different meals at the same time. The turbo convection baking technology fitted will blow hot air around inside the toaster to ensure your food cooks faster and browns more evenly.
- Easy to use
- Has a timer
- Turbo convection technology included
- Both doors can be opened using the same handle
- Exterior surface is not 100% cool to the touch
- If you’re scouring the internet trying to find the best wide toaster oven with the most aesthetic build, then I think this BLACK+DECKER Countertop Convection Toaster Oven could be what you are looking for, thanks to its futuristic design.
- Its interior is also sufficiently deep and can even fit 12” pizzas and other meals such as whole chickens, casserole dishes, and more. The 8 one-touch functions included will improve your flexibility in the kitchen. Namely they are the bake, broil, toast, bagel, pizza, frozen snacks, potatoes and cookies functions. You can see the appliance gives you a huge cooking flexibility in the kitchen.
- Exceptional design
- Boasts a 120-minute timer
- Has dual rack positions
- Easy to clean
- Will compliment any kitchen interior décor
- Not easy to operate for beginners
- While this BLACK+DECKER TO3250XSB 8-Slice Extra Wide Convection Countertop Toaster Oven is arguably the least aesthetic in this enumeration, it performed the best in the cooking department, thanks to its highly advanced heating elements.
- The toaster oven’s heating elements are so high quality that the temperature the oven will use to cook your food will be lower than the point you set. Black & Decker has calibrated them this way to ensure the toaster oven delivers the expected results while taking the heating advancement into account.
- Speaking of temperature adjustment, the toaster oven can deliver a maximum of 450 degrees. But as a rule of thumb, if you’re new to toaster ovens or cooking a new meal, I recommend that you start with a way lower temperature setting.
- This way, if the food comes out not sufficiently cooked, you can simply put it back for more time. However, if you choose to start with a higher temperature setting and the meal comes out overcooked, there won’t be anything you will be able to do.
- It also retails with a convection setting. This means that the appliance has been fitted with a powerful inbuilt fan that will circulate hot air inside the oven for fast and even baking.
- Other functions the appliance retails with include reheat, toasting, and broiling.
- Has an extra-wide interior
- Can fit most standard 9×13 inches oven pans
- Boasts heating elements of the highest quality
- Comes with a 60-minute timer
- It will automatically switch off when your meal has been sufficiently toasted
- Boasts three different rack position, which improves your cooking flexibility
- Has a basic design
- The power cord could be longer
- If you’re looking for a wide toaster oven that can qualify as a commercial oven too, this Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Convection Oven is the one you should be looking at. Its large interior can fit 2 pizzas, a whole chicken or even 18 slices of bread. As you can see, it can be perfect for restaurants as well.
- Its convection technology coupled with the 1500 watts it delivers should be enough to handle even the rush hours in your restaurant. And when the meal inside has been sufficiently cooked, the appliance will automatically shut off to avoid overcooked meals.
- Digital preset settings found on the appliance include defrost, toast, broil, bake, and pizza.
- Delivers delicious meals
- Easy to operate even for beginners
- Exterior surface remains cool to the touch during operations
- Easy to clean interior
- Very versatile
- Takes up a lot of counter space
There you have it, my ultimate review of the best wide toaster ovens. Given the amount of time it took me to craft test the appliances and create the post, I’d be really disappointed if you haven’t found the next wide toaster that you will introduce to your family.
But if you like more than one appliance and would need a professional opinion, I’ve got you covered as well. If I were to pick from the list, I would choose the BLACK+DECKER TO3250XSB 8-Slice Extra Wide Convection Countertop Toaster Oven as my favorite wide toaster oven. It is fast, powerful, easy to use, and uses high-quality heating elements. It also boasts 3 rack positions, which allows you to cook three different meals at the same time, preparing the whole menu for lunch.
And what will be the best wide toaster oven in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!