Toaster ovens have historically retailed in one basic category: countertop toaster ovens. But what happens when you do not have a cabinet layout that can accommodate the best standard toaster oven? That is where these best low-profile toaster ovens come to the rescue.
For those who are not familiar with these appliances, low-profile toaster ovens are revolutionary products that were recently designed for customers who are short on kitchen counter space but still want to enjoy all the advantages an oven offers.
As you will see in the enumeration below, a low-profile toaster oven measures approximately 10 inches in height, which is considerably low compared to most average countertop toaster ovens.
And what is even more exciting is the fact that these compact appliances provide you all the features you would find on a standard oven. Some of them include:
- Powerful cooking abilities
- Cool to the touch exterior surface
With that in mind, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the best low-profile toaster ovens.
The Top 5 Best Low-Profile Toaster Ovens in 2020
|Toaster Oven Name||Weight||Timer||Dimensions||Slice||Price|
|Mini Smart Oven||15.2 lbs||Yes||16 x 14.25 x 8.5 in||4|
|Toaster Oven 4 Slice||2.2 lbs||Yes||17.1 x 13.9 x 11.5 in||4|
|Countertop Toaster Oven||7.33 lbs||Yes||14.96 x 11.5 x 8.7 in||4|
|4-Slice Toaster Oven||8.43 lbs||Yes||11.63 x 16.86 x 9.07 in||4|
|Toaster Oven Broiler||14.6 lbs||Yes||19.1 x 15.5 x 9.8 in||4|
- The first thing that attracted me to this masterpiece, besides the fact it is manufactured by one of the most reputable kitchen appliances brands is the fact it retails with a smart IQ element. This means that Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven’s heating elements transfer heat directly across the 4 quartz elements to ensure that stable and precise heat is delivered when it is required.
- Couple that with the fact it delivers 1800 watts and you have a low-profile toaster oven that can handle anything you throw in it.
- The appliance retails with eight different cooking functions, including reheat, cookies, roast, pizza, broil, bake, toast, and bagel. The bagel setting will toast only the cut side of your bagel slices. It also does it in a way that the outside comes out crunchy, but the inside remains soft and warm.
- Even though this toaster oven is a low-profile model too, it could easily fit an 11-inch pizza, tuna melts, cookies, or up to four artisan bread slices. That said, in all honesty, if your goal is to toast bread slices, then I think you will be better off choosing from the best four-slice toasters. They are specifically designed for such tasks.
- Boasts heating elements of the highest quality
- Package includes a one-year limited product warranty
- The inside surfaces are non-stick
- Designed with eight different cooking functions
- The interior is sufficient for a low-profile toaster oven
- Not very easy to use for beginners
- The exterior surfaces are not 100% cool to the touch
- If you tend to get carried away while preparing your breakfast, then Mueller Convection Toaster Oven’s built-in timer will come in handy. This appliance boasts a 30-minute timer that will allow you to put in the precise time settings.
- When your meal is ready and the timer has run out, the appliance will automatically turn off. This ensures your meals don’t get browned any further and also saves you a lot of power and money in the long run.
- Delivers evenly toasted meals
- Will automatically shut off when food is ready
- Retails with a removable crumb tray to make it easy to clean
- Very versatile
- Comes with a built-in 30 minutes timer
- Can’t cook different meals at the same time
- This list would be incomplete if I did not include a stroke of genius from Hamilton Beach. This toaster oven model can easily fit up to four slices of artisan bread or a 9 inches pizza. It’s also 28 percent faster compared to a typical toaster oven.
- While reviewing the product, I also noticed it came with a 30-minute timer with an auto shut off feature, and a ready bell. This means that you can put in your meals and start working on something else. And when your food is ready for consumption, the appliance will let out a signal bell to notify you wherever you are.
- Very strong build
- Very fast
- Energy saving
- Easy to use even for beginners
- The feet could be more anti-skid
- Doesn’t have a dedicated bagel setting
- BLACK+DECKER TO1760SS 4-Slice Toaster Oven has been fitted with a natural convection technology. This means that it retails with an inbuilt, energy-saving fan that will circulate hot air throughout the interior of the oven for faster and even results.
- The appliance also boasts four different cooking functions, namely keep warm, toast, broil, and bake. All these will come in handy at some point if you’re a cooking aficionado. To make your work in the kitchen even easier, Black & Decker have also included a pan and a removable rack in the package you will receive from Amazon.
- Boasts a 30-minute timer
- Includes convection technology
- Boasts a futuristic design
- Easy to use
- Not everyone will love the design
- Emits too much heat into the room
- Since its founding in 1971, Cuisinart has been known for its ability to combine durability, aesthetics, reliability, efficiency, compactness, ease of use, and new technologies in their products. All of these can be found in Cuisinart TOB-60N1 Toaster Oven.
- When the product arrived from Amazon, I decided to test its power by using it to cook meals for 3 hours non-stop. Needless to say, the last slice of bread to go in the appliance came out just as delicious as the first one to go in, and it didn’t take a lot of time to preheat as well.
- Very powerful
- Boasts non-stick coating
- Easy to use
- Very basic design
After keenly researching and testing models in order to come up with this review, I pick the Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven as my favorite low-profile toaster oven. It could do everything I had in mind and delivered some of the most delicious meals. Its smart element IQ also comes in handy when you’re cooking certain meals for the first time.
However, if you had your eyes on a different product in the enumeration above, then don’t let me change your mind. It’s just that Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven simply appeals more to my personal preferences. Trust your own preferences.
And what will be the best low-profile toaster oven in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!