As technology progresses, toasters are becoming better and better in regard to functions they can execute. But as a result of this, lots of brands around the world have decided to jump on the bandwagon; and most, if not all of these companies are claiming that their products “are the best in the marketplace.”
At first, that sounds like a good thing, but as we all know, false advertising has been a usual occurrent nowadays, and that also applies to the realm of kitchen appliances.
So, in order to combat this nuisance, anyone looking for new kitchen appliances is advised to start their search by narrowing down their products by brand. That is what inspired me to create this detailed guide on the best Breville toasters money can buy today.
Founded in 1932 in Sydney, Breville is an Australian home appliances manufacturer that is currently best known for its ability to blend durability, reliability, and functionality in all their kitchen appliances.
With that in mind, I set out into the marketplace, created a list of more than 20 best Breville toasters (based on online reviews), then shortlisted that number to ten appliances. Consequently, I placed an order for all the ten appliances, and after extensive test sessions, I created a final list of the best six out of the ten.
In addition to that, to keep you posted on how I decided which toasters would surpass your kitchen needs and requirements, here is a list of some features every product had to possess in order to make it into this enumeration.
- Ability to deliver evenly toasted slices
- Consistent with results after hours of operation
- Slots are wide enough to fit in slices of all sizes and shapes
- Multiple toasting levels
- Ease of use and cleaning
- Ability to execute more than one task
And so much more.
Without wasting any more of your time, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the best Breville Toasters out there today.
The Top 6 Breville Toasters in 2021
|Countertop Toaster||6.95 lbs||Yes||13.4 x 8.2 x 7.9 in||2|
|The Bit More 2-Slice Toaster||4 lbs||Yes||12.5 x 9 x 9 in||2|
|Die-Cast 2-Slice Smart Toaster||2.65 lbs||Yes||11.2 x 7 x 7.8 in||2|
|Die-Cast 4-Slice Smart Toaster||9.48 lbs||Yes||13.2 x 13.2 x 9.2 in||4|
|Extra Long 4-Slice Toaster||7.83 lbs||Yes||17.9 x 9.6 x 8.8 in||4|
|Smart Toaster||8.25 lbs||Yes||14.9 x 7.7 x 7.5 in||2|
- Straight out of the box, you’ll be stunned by Breville BTA735BSS1BUS1 Countertop Toaster’s retro design that allows it to complement any kitchen interior décor. Add to that the long design that allows it to also qualify as one of the best space-saving toasters today.
- And if like me, you’re always filled with dread when utensil’s cleaning time comes along, this toaster has got you covered as well. Breville designed this appliance with a removable crumb tray, which makes it easy and effortless to clean. For those not accustomed to this part, it is responsible for collecting all dirt and debris that breaks off your toasted slices. To clean it, all you need to do is pull it out, wipe it off using a damp cloth, put it back into the appliance, and get back to toasting your slices.
- To make the appliance more flawless, Breville has also included innovative auto features. These include the Lift and Look and the one-touch function. The lift and look feature allows you to lift your bread slices so you can check on their toasting process without interfering with the progress.
- To help the toaster accommodate everyone’s taste in your family, it retails with six different browning levels. To take it a step further, Breville has also prepared for toasting different types of breads and gave different names for the functions including White, brown, grain, fruit, rye, and crumpet toasting levels.
- So, in case you like your toastie slices lightly toasted, you can select the first toasting level and when you feel like trying out darkly toasted slices all you will need to do is select the sixth setting. This outstanding feature has been topped off by the appliance’s extra-wide slots that could fit in slices of all sizes and shapes.
- To test them I used the thickest slices of English muffins, croissants, artisan bread, and bagels I could find. Needless to say, they all fit in perfectly. And in case you have leftover toasties you would like to eat after school or work in the evening, use the reheat function to warm the slices without browning them any further.
- Boasts innovative auto features that make it easier to use
- Easy to clean
- The extra-wide and long slots can fit in slices of all sizes and shapes
- Six different browning levels you can pick from
- Boasts a high lift lever
- The long design helps you save on space
- The power cord is considerably long
- If you are in the marketplace looking for the best easy to use Breville toaster, then I think this Breville BTA720XL 2-Slice Toaster has got you covered, thanks to its Lift and Look lever coupled with its LED light indicators that keep you posted on the current setting of the toaster.
- To improve your toasties’ quality, Breville has also added to this appliance five different browning levels, with the first one delivering lightly toasted slices and the fifth one delivering darkly toasted slices.
- Lift and look feature included
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Five toasting levels to choose from
- Bagel, cancel, and frozen functions included
- Durable and sturdy
- Boasting 900 watts and a voltage of 110 to 120, this Breville BTA820XL Die-Cast 2-Slice Smart Toaster can handle everything you throw in it, making it the best Breville toaster if you tend to prepare toasties for a huge number of people.
- The LED panel will also illuminate during operations to let you know the current setting and browning level you have selected. To boost your confidence in the product, it retails with a one-year limited manufacturer warranty.
- Easy to use and clean
- LED panel included
- Compact and portable
- Very powerful
- Includes a lift and look function
- If you have a big family filled with toastie lovers, then this Breville BTA840XL Die-Cast 4-Slice Smart Toaster could be exactly what you are looking for. During my testing sessions, the appliance delivered four perfectly toasted slices in less than three minutes, implying it’s the perfect option when it comes to serving a family.
- Straight out of the box, you’ll also love this masterpiece’s dual controls. This implies that the appliance can use the first slots on the right side to prepare a certain meal (let’s say bagel slices) while at the same time using the other two slots on the left to prepare an entirely different meal (like English muffins).
- Delivering approximately 1800 watts, it is also powerful enough to deliver any meals you may have in mind. I tested it using Artisan bread slices and the thickest English muffins I could find, and all of them came out perfectly toasted.
- And in case you’re worried about this appliance’s ability to keep serving your family for years, Breville has got you covered as well. The appliance retails with a one-year limited manufacturer warranty and a 24/7 customer service.
- To top it off, its exterior surface also remains cool to the touch to protect your children who may accidentally come into contact with the appliance.
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
- LED panel makes the appliance easy to use
- Durable and sturdy
- Lift and look feature included
- Can toast only the cut side of your bagel slices
- Boasts dual controls
- Delivers slices in a timely manner
- I never thought I was a fan of the best white toasters until I came across this Breville the ‘Lift & Look’ BTA630XL One-Touch Extra Long 4-Slice Toaster. It’s striking white color complemented every kitchen interior décor. That said, don’t let that fool you into thinking that this toaster is all looks but no substance.
- Two extra wide and extra-long slices could fit in or four regular-sized slices. And every slice that went into the appliance came out perfectly and evenly toasted.In addition to that, it also boasts multiple settings, namely cancel, bagel, frozen, as well as a lift and look function.
- Very versatile
- Looks aesthetic in any kitchen
- Boasts a cool to the touch exterior
- Lift and look lever included
- Delivered evenly toasted slices
- What I loved most about this Breville BTA830XL Die-Cast 4-Slice Long Slot Smart Toaster is its bagel setting’s ability to deliver some of the tastiest bagels I have ever had in my life. Activating the setting allows you to only toast the cut side of your bagel slices and makes it in a way that allows all slices to come out crusty on the outside but warm and soft on the inside.
- This toaster’s slots are unique as well. Even though the appliance has two slots, they can easily fit up to four regular-sized bread slices. In addition to that, every slice that goes into those slots will come out evenly toasted, regardless of how long the appliance has been operating.
- During my testing sessions, I tried out the toaster using four loaves of bread, which took approximately thirty minutes to toast. As expected, the last slice that I put into the appliance came out just as perfectly toasted as the first one that went inside. That proves its consistency.
- If you usually have children running around the kitchen when you’re preparing your toasties, you will appreciate the cool to the touch exterior as well. This feature allows the appliance’s exterior surface to remain cool regardless of how long the toaster keeps operating; which further avoids burn injuries.
- Other features included in this appliance are frozen, cancel, as well as lift and look function. The lift and look setting will allow you to lift your slices up to check on their progress amidst their toasting sessions whereas the frozen setting is in place to allow you to toast frozen slices in a timely manner. In case something gets stuck inside your appliance, simply press the cancel button to halt the entire toasting process.
- Other features worth noting are its lightweight nature and extra-long power cord. Couple these features together, and you have a great toaster you can easily move to any room in your house.
- Boasts multiple functions that boost its versatility
- Powerful to deliver perfectly toasted slices in minutes
- Includes a lift and look feature
- The exterior surface remains cool to the touch during operations
- Delivers delicious bagels
- It is consistent with its results
All said and done, Breville toasters are worth your hard-earned dollars given the amount of reliability and versatility they deliver in the kitchen. And after spending days researching, testing, and creating this enumeration, I really hope you’ve found an appliance that meets or surpasses your toasting requirements.
That said, for those who are still having a hard time making an informed decision based on the review above, allow me to give you a personal recommendation. If I had to pick from the six, I would pick the Breville BTA840XL Die-Cast 4-Slice Smart Toaster as the best Breville toaster at the moment. It could do everything all the other appliances could do but also included dual settings and four extra-wide slots, being perfect for a bigger family.
And what will be the best Breville toaster in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!