It is what most people (including me) start the day with and it is a renowned lunchtime stable too, but you cannot nail a flawless piece of toast – or crumpet or bagel for that matter – without the best black and silver toaster. For meals so simple, it is surprising how many appliances get it way wrong, especially with unevenly toasted slices.
Worst yet, given the vast array of toasters out there, it is not essentially easy to determine which one is right for you. That is why I decided to undertake the imperative task of reviewing the best toaster models around to help you find one tailored to your needs and requirements.
Best Black and Silver Toasters on the market in 2019
|BLACK+DECKER 2-Slice Toaster, Bagel Toaster, Black||4.6 lbs||Yes||12x9.1x8 in||2|
|Toaster 2 Slice Steel for Breakfast||3.7 lbs||Yes||10.3x5.8x6.8 in||2|
|Russell Hobbs 2-Slice Retro Style Toaster, Black&Stainless Steel||3.7 lbs||Yes||6.7x9.8x7.9 in||2|
|2 Slice Black Stainless Steel Toaster||2.75 lbs||Yes||12.1x7.6x6.5 in||2|
|Chitomax Toaster Stainless Steel||3.65 lbs||Yes||10.6x5.9x7.5 in||2|
- There is a whole lot to love about this sleek Black + Decker model. It boasts 2 extra-wide slots that can quickly toast thick bagels and bread without trouble, including, but not limited to guides that keep thin bread slices from toppling over.
- The control interface is simple but offers modes for frozen bread, reheating, bagels and 6 distinct shade options so you can control how brown your toasts get depending on your taste. It also retails with a slide-out crumb tray for easy cleaning. Every feature on this toaster is mesmeric and it is hard to find a better product in the same price range.
- Includes the reheat, defrost, bagel and cancel controls
- Extra-wide slots
- Comes with indicator lights to improve user-friendliness
- Consistent results
- Slots not deep enough
- The Toaster 2 Slice by Keemo makes some incredibly tasty toasts thanks to its extension of hard to beat features. At first sight, I fell in love with its industrial design in brushed stainless steel. I instantly knew it would look fantastic at home on all kitchen counters.
- This toaster gives an even finish to slices, making toasts flawlessly crisp on the outside but soft and light on the inside. Even better, the 2 wide slots can grip toastables down to 1.5 inch wide. This masterpiece is the product for you if you like fluffy and thick cut toasts.
- Browns all toasts evenly
- Includes a one-year warranty
- Sturdy and safe
- Comes with an inbuilt warming rack
- Consistent with results
- Slots slightly cramped
- It is quite bulky, but this Russell Hobbs toaster looks extremely vintage, you can control both slots at the same time, so if you’re just making 1 or 2 slices of toast, you do not need to switch on the whole toaster, which helps you save on energy.
- Each slot also comes with its crumb tray, even though I found them quite inconvenient and annoying to access because they are placed at the rear. All important functions you would desire are present, including, mid-toast stop, reheating and frozen setting. There is also a mesmeric retro time on the front side to let you know exactly how much time you must get the coffee.
- Includes a toasting timer
- Retails with six browning controls
- Features three functions; Bagel, Frozen setting, and Cancel to end toasting
- Comes with a removable warming rack
- Includes the lift and look feature
- Require bigger space
- This hands down qualifies as one of the best toasters. During this toaster’s extensive tests, every bread slice came out well browned on both sides with trifling visible bars and no burning. It also did an amazing job with toasting and defrosting frozen bread.
- In one round of testing, its designers toasted multiple bread slices consecutively to see whether the toaster would overheat over time and start burning the bread. As expected, the toaster maintained a constant heat and recurrently made impressive toasts. It also produced similar results while toasting frozen bread.
- Better yet, it continued to excel in the bagel test. This toaster prepared bagel such that it was crunchy on the inner side but soft on the outside.
- Makes great toasts
- Makes bagels crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside
- Retails with 7 browning settings
- Toasts evenly and quickly
- Features defrost and bagel settings
- Quite slow
- This toaster’s quality is nothing short of impressive. Choose from six distinct toast shades, along with a bagel and special defrost function.
- The heating elements are comparatively centered and even, but extra-long slices of bread might suffer a lack of contact, especially around its edges (which I did not mind because extremely toasted crusts are quite rough to bite into.)
- The attached lever lifts the toasts high enough that you cannot burn your fingers or knuckles. The 2 extra wide slots ensure that even your thickest bread slices will fit in.
- Multiple toasting modes with LED indicators
- 6 distinct browning selectors
- FDA Approved and safe to use
- Includes a removable cord wrap and crumb tray
- The crumb tray is sometimes difficult to access
The Black + Decker T2707SB is my final (and expected) winner of best black and silver toasters. The appliance’s design is sleek, and state of the art; a design I look forward to seeing in future appliances. It boasts decent functions, practicality, and the most important, it can deliver evenly toasted and delicious slices.
And what will be the best black and silver toaster in 2020? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!