I was a big fan of toasties made from regular sized bread slices. But that was until I tried out homemade and artisan bread slices. Now I cannot leave the house without having a toastie made from one of these bread types. That said, the only problem is the fact, these slices cannot fully fit in my regular sized toasters; which is why I had no choice but to venture into the marketplace and spend hours of scouring the internet to find the best long slot toaster.
With that in mind, I realized that this was a problem lots of people were facing with (spending hours trying to find a toaster that can meet your needs and toasting requirements), so I decided to use the knowledge I had gathered to create an enumeration of the 6 best long slot toasters anyone can acquire today.
All you ought to do now is read keenly through the enumeration and choose the tool that best matches to your imaginations. Consequently, click the check price button to see the masterpiece’s current price and place an order if it pleases you.
In addition to that, if by the end of the post you’re still having a hard time picking from the enumeration, then I’ve got you covered as well. I will point out my favorite from the six in the conclusion part and tell you why I prefer it specifically.
Having said that, the fact I point out my favorite does not imply that the rest of them are mediocre or any less efficient in the kitchen.
In fact, before shortlisting a product and including it in this enumeration, I took it through a series of test sessions to ensure it can withstand anything that anyone throws at it in the kitchen.
Some of the features every long slot toaster had to have included durability, toasting evenness & consistency, a cool to the touch exterior, versatility, and most importantly, ease of use and cleaning.
Without further delay, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the best long slot toasters out there today.
The Top 6 Long Slot Toasters in 2019-2020
|Artisan Bread Toaster||6 lbs||Yes||16.2 x 8.8 x 8.5 in||2-4|
|KitchenAid KMT5115ER 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster||4.1 lbs||Yes||16.5 x 7.5 x 7.9 in||4|
|Long Slot Cool Touch Toaster||1 lbs||Yes||15.5 x 6.5 x 7.2 in||4|
|2-Slice Glass Accent Long Toaster||4.1 lbs||Yes||5.2 x 14.8 x 7.8 in||2|
|Breville BTA830XL Smart Toaster||8.25 lbs||Yes||14.9 x 7.7 x 7.5 in||4|
|4 Slice Long Slot Toaster||6.2 lbs||Yes||7.7 x 16.5 x 8 in||4|
- While researching for this post, I was certain that one of the products in this list has to be from Cuisinart. And trust me, this is not a bias thing.
- Cuisinart has been in existence for around a century now and throughout this time, they have been known as the best kitchen appliances brand when it comes to amalgamating efficiency, versatility, and state-of-the-art features. If you do not believe me, check out all their appliances. They look like they’re from the feature.
- With that in mind, let us take a look at what sets this Cuisinart CPT-2400 toaster apart from the rest of the toasters out there.
- Well, for starters, this toaster boasts 2 extra-wide and extra-long slots measuring around 1.5 inches. It could fit the largest bread and bagel slices I could find at the mall. This further explains why the toaster has been constantly referred to as the artisan bread toaster in the market.
- And with an astounding power output of approximately 1500 Watts, it can deliver perfectly toasted slices in less than five minutes. This will come in handy if you are the kind of individual who tends to leave their house in a hurry each morning.
- What’s more? It retails with self-centering racks that ensures easy operation while at the same time making sure all slices will come out evenly toasted.
- If you love switching from toasties to bagels throughout the week, then this toaster has got you covered as well. Other functions it comes with are the reheat, defrost, cancel, and most importantly the bagel function. The bagel function toasted only the cut side of my bagels, and it did it in a way that the outside remained crispy and crunchy, but the inside was warm and soft. Sounds like a hard to beat combo, right?
- Add to that the fact, the tool retails with six different shade settings that can please everyone’s taste in your family.
- Designed to serve your family for years to come
- Could perfectly fit artisan and homemade bread slices
- High-power output to deliver toasties in minutes
- The design and color combination will complement any kitchen interior décor
- Easy to use and clean
- Heavier than most regular toaster
- Took up too much space
- The second long-slot toaster in our enumeration is also from one of the most trusted kitchen appliances brands out there. Founded in 1919, KitchenAid is almost a century old, which proves that they have a pretty good idea of what their customers require: and this has been presented in this KitchenAid KMT5115ER 4-slice toaster.
- Of all long slot toasters, I came across, this one was one of the few that were compact and portable at the same time. I had only set aside a small space in between other appliances on my kitchen counter and it fit in perfectly.
- When it came to the toasting department, this masterpiece did not disappoint either. I tested it using three loaves of bread. The last slice that went into the appliance came out just as delicious as the first slice I introduced to the toaster.
- The slots could also fit slices of any sizes and shapes. And if you are using regular bread slices, you can easily fit up to four slices into the appliance.
- You will also appreciate the additional functions that have been included in the appliance. These are the bagel and defrost functions.
- Delivers evenly toasted slices and maintains the consistency
- The lift-and-look function allows you to check the toasting progress of your toasties without interrupting the process
- The warming rack and removable crumb tray make cleaning the appliance easy
- The slots are wide enough to fit in slices of all sizes
- Very versatile
- The slots area gets too hot during the operations
- The power cord was short
- This Maxi-Matic Elite Cuisine Toaster has made it into this enumeration of the best long slot toasters thanks to the impressive power output, that allows it to deliver perfectly toasted slices in less than 3 minutes. And note that this record time remains consistent throughout the toaster’s life.
- In addition to that, it also boasts a cool to the touch exterior. This ensures that if you have children in the house, they will not be hurt when they come into contact with the appliance while it is operating.
- And just like the Dualit toaster we just looked at, you can either fit 2 artisan or homemade slices into this appliance or go for four regular-sized slices. This implies that the toaster can also double up as one of the best four-slice toasters.
- Additional functions the appliance retails with are the defrost, reheat, and cancel. The most important is that the reheat function will keep your toasties warm without toasting them any further.
- Boasts a space-saving design
- The extra-wide slots can fit bread slices of all sizes
- Very versatile
- Comes in different colors
- Includes a high-lift lever for easy removal
- The exterior showed fingerprints after use
- No anti-slip feet
- The first thing you will love about this Russell Hobbs 2-Slice Glass Accent Toaster is its lift and look function. This addition allows you to lift your bread slices and check their toasting progress without interfering with the timer or toasting process.
- In addition to this feature, the tool retails with a removable warming rack. Since this addition lies on top of the appliance, you can easily place rolls, buns, or pastries to warm them without browning them any further. In order to execute regular toasting functions, simply remove the rack and place it aside.
- To top it off, its design will complement any kitchen interior décor. I loved the fact it could blend in perfectly with all colors.
- Perfect for warming pastries, toasties, bagels, and even English muffins
- Toasts evenly and the results are consistent
- Easy to use and clean
- Lift and look feature
- Very lightweight
- The outside surface is easy to scratch
- The designing team behind this appliance did a great job of ensuring the high-end product perfectly combined efficiency, aesthetics, and performance. It took less than 5 minutes to deliver 4 perfectly toasted slices.
- The bagel setting was also impressive. It only toasted the cut side of my bagels without making the inside section crunchy. It is also the perfect toaster if you want an appliance that can last for years without reducing its toasting capability.
- Very easy to operate
- The lift-and-look feature makes it easy to monitor your toasting progress
- The bagels function was really impressive
- The exterior remains cool to the touch during the operations
- The wide and long slots could fit bread slices of all sizes and shapes
- Only 5 browning levels
- Takes up too much space
- The long and extra-wide slots measure 1.5 inches wide.
- Those are the first thing I ensure you’ll notice about this appliance when you set eyes on it. And that is not all.
- If there is another thing that this KitchenAid KMT4116CU wins at, it is the number of shade settings it retails with. It comes with seven different toasting levels that are in place to ensure anyone in your family can have their toasties exactly how they love them.
- And I know what you’re thinking, don’t most toasters nowadays retail with multiple shade selectors?
- Well, while that is true, this toaster’s shading option is quite unique. Unlike most toaster I have come across, with this gadget, I could see the considerable differences in level of shading with each toasting level.
- Better yet, unlike most toasters out there today, the highest shade setting did not burn my slices.
- It also retails with a high-lift lever. This is in place to allow you to retrieve your slices without burning your fingers. For those not accustomed to this feature, allow me to explain it in a few words.
- When your bread slices are done with the toasting, simply press down the lever and the slices will be raised high enough to retrieve them without your fingers coming into contact with the slots section (which gets excessively hot during the operations.)
- KitchenAid KMT4116CU has also been constructed using materials of the highest quality, which allows it to keep serving you for lots of years to come.
- Slots could fit in bread slices of all sizes
- The warming feature kept my toasties warm without browning them any further
- Very powerful
- Easy to use and clean
- Delivered evenly toasted slices and maintained the consistency
- Boasts a high-power consumption
- Is relatively heavier
There you have it, my detailed and ultimate enumeration of the best long slot toasters that will allow you to enjoy your homemade and artisan bread slices without having to worry about the top of your slices not fitting inside the appliance.
That said, as I promised at the beginning of the post, I will pick my favorite at the end of this post. This is for those who are still having a hard time making a final decision. If it were up to me, I would pick the first, Cuisinart CPT-2400 toaster as my favorite from the six.
It simply boasted everything it needed to match my toasting needs and requirements. A great design, an exterior body that is cool to the touch, ease of use, ease of cleaning, durability, evenness, and consistency. Whatever you desire, rest assured this tool can deliver.
And what will be the best long slot toaster in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!