Over the years, West Bend has created a powerful brand all around the world. All their kitchen appliances are highly sought after, thanks to the company’s ability to combine reliability and performance in every model they release.
This status has also elevated the company to become one of the world’s largest kitchen appliances manufacturers.
That said, the fact that the company has been in existence for more than a century, which presents its own set of challenges. For starters, in order to ensure that this enumeration includes the best of the best, I had to spend days reviewing hundreds of toasters from the company.
Consequently, I had to place an order for the best so I could test them myself and ascertain they deserved a spot in this post. Some of the features and specifications I ensured I checked include:
- The ability to deliver evenly and perfectly toasted slices
- Durability and sturdiness
- Ease of cleaning
- Ease of use
That means that whichever product you pick from the list, you can rest assured that it can meet your toasting needs and requirements.
Without wasting any more of your time, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the best West Bend toasters you can invest in today.
The Top 5 Best West Bend Toasters in 2020
- If you are looking for the perfect gift for a loved one’s birthday who lives alone or with their spouse or for another event, then I think West Bend 78823 Extra Wide Slot Toaster could be what you are looking for. I acquired it for my brother as a present around 2 years ago and to this day, he is still head over heels in love with it. He has also pointed out that the toaster has never run into any issues since I gave it to him.
- From the image above, you can also tell that the appliance is highly versatile, thanks to its bagel, defrost, waffle, and cancel functions. The waffle setting will deliver perfectly toasted waffles whereas the defrost setting will allow you to toast frozen bread slices in a timely manner. The bagel setting will come in handy when you want to toast only the cut side of your bagel slices. This setting toasts your bagel slices in a way that the outside surfaces come out crusty and crispy, but the insides remain soft and warm.
- And if anything gets stuck inside the appliance or something goes wrong when you are toasting, simply press the cancel button to instantly halt the entire process.
- This toaster also retails with seven different browning levels that allow the tool to accommodate everyone’s taste in your family. So, if you love your slices darkly toasted but someone else in your household loves their slices lightly toasted, both of you can have what you want.
- Unlike most toasters I have come across, this toaster’s toasting levels also deliver clear results. One of the toasters I tested delivered the same results when I used the fourth and fifth setting, which is one of the reasons it didn’t make it into this enumeration.
- Its slots are also extra wide and deep. I tested them using the thickest bagel, English muffin, waffles, and artisan bread slices I could find. As expected, all of them fit in perfectly inside the appliance.
- I also tried toasting four loaves of bread back to back in order to test the appliance’s consistency. The last slice that went in came out just as perfectly toasted as the first one that went in. This toaster model also retails with self-centering guides, which will position your slices perfectly so they can attain your desired results.
- To top it off, the appliance comes with anti-jam and auto shut off features for added safety. If anything gets stuck inside the appliance, it will automatically turn off, so your slices do not get browned any further.
- The auto shut off feature comes into play when your slices have been sufficiently toasted.
- Very compact to save on space
- Retails with seven different browning levels
- Boasts a sturdy build
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Very portable
- Comes with auto shut off and anti-jam features for safety
- The slots are wide and deep enough to fit in slices of all sizes and shapes
- The color combination doesn’t entice everyone
- The seventh browning level might burn your slices if you leave them in for too long
- If you are scouring the internet trying to find the best modern toaster that looks like an appliance sent from the future, then I think you should check this West Bend 77224 QuikServe Slide Through Wide Slot Toaster out.
- In fact, if I were to create a post on the best aesthetic toasters, I think this masterpiece would make the cut. I tested it in many kitchen interiors, and it blended in with the décor every time. The gadget is also perfect for bagels and will deliver perfectly toasted slices in less than 90 seconds.
- The toaster has a special function, which is rare among toaster. It is the gluten free setting. It toasts longer at a lower power, which produces better results for gluten free breads.
- Has a very unique design
- Delivers delicious bagel slices
- Easy to use
- Very portable
- The power cord is short
- One of my closest friends owns this West Bend Toaster with Egg Cooker, and every time a guest walks into her kitchen, she can rest assured that the guest will have something to say about the toaster.
- With the specific functions it offers, you can create a whole meal for breakfast preparing different foods at the same time with the same appliance. You cannot only cook or steam eggs with it, but you can use it to warm pre-cooked meat too.
- If you like this toaster, I urge you to visit Amazon and place an order right away while stock lasts. The product was discontinued by the manufacturer so there is no telling for how long they’ll be available in the market.
- Very versatile
- Exterior surface remains cool to the touch
- Comes with a cord storage
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- The slots are not deep enough
- Small for big families
- If you don’t live alone and are tired of waking up late and having to wait for everyone else to prepare their breakfast before it is your turn, then I think this WestBend 78824 4-Slice Toaster could be exactly what you are looking for.
- Straight out of the box, you will be impressed by its unique selling proposition. This masterpiece retails with dual settings. This implies that you can use the two slots on the right side to prepare a certain meal (say bagels) using the bagel setting while at the same time using the other two slots on the left side to prepare an entirely different meal (say bread slices) using the normal toast setting. If that isn’t sufficient to convince you this is the best four-slice toaster for a big family, I don’t know what is.
- It also boasts 1500-watt power, which allows it to handle anything you throw in it. It also comes with an easy access crumb tray, making it easy to clean. For those who are not accustomed to the crumb tray, it is the part of the tool responsible for collecting all the debris and dirt that falls off your slices. To clean the crumb tray, all you need to do is take it out, wipe it off using a damp cloth, and put it back into the toaster.
- Also, ensure you use the manual high lift lever while retrieving the slices. Even though the rest of the surface remains cool to the touch during operation, the slot’s steel gets excessively hot.
- Retails with anti-jam and auto shut off safety features
- The slots are wide and deep enough to fit in any slices
- Boasts seven different browning levels
- Very versatile
- Easy to clean, thanks to the removable crumb tray
- Comes with a high lift lever
- Very powerful
- It is heavyweight
- Takes up too much space
- The last, but by no means least West Bend Toaster is West Bend 2-Slice 78500 Breakfast Station Wide Slot Toaster. This is basically a bigger version of the third toaster we looked at above, which makes it more suitable for families.
- It can soft or hard boil up to 8 eggs at the same time in approximately 4 minutes. You can prepare poached or scramble eggs using the same appliance as well. You can also warm pre-cooked meat or vegetables to accompany the sandwich you are making. The 1200 watts it has been fitted will allow it to handle anything you throw in it.
- Suitable for big families
- Comes with a meat tray
- Boasts multiple browning levels
- The slots are wide and deep enough
- Takes up too much kitchen counter space
- The feet could be more anti-slip
There you have it, my ultimate review of the best West Bend toasters. If you have found a product you love, go ahead and place an order right away. If you haven’t, allow me to give you my personal opinion. If I were to pick from the five, I would choose the WestBend 78824 4-Slice Toaster as my favorite West Bend Toaster. It is perfect for families and people who tend to have toast-loving friends coming over.
And what will be the best West Bend toaster in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!