The toasters just keep getting to develop. Nowadays, can see toasters being able to toast bagels on the side that has been cut only, others reheating toasts without browning them further, and some even canceling the entire procedure at the press of a button. Oh, and let us not forget the defrost function.
Then a couple of years ago, a whole new type of toaster started hitting the market all around the world, the side toasters. They were confusing though at first. The first impression that hit you when you unboxed some of these toasters was that it seemed to lack an essential feature: there were no slots.
Then it would consequently dawn on you that there are no slots on most sideloading toasters; and that is what is so special about them. The second advantage of side loading toasters is that the side loading racks allow you to fit a wide array of foods into the toaster, which in turns makes it a more versatile appliance.
This type of toaster is also designed to allow you to check on the toasting progress, toast faster, be user-friendly, and also lets you retrieve smaller items like crumpets without burning your fingers.
With these advantages in mind, I went out to the market and selected five of the best side toasters so all you need to do is read the reviews and pick the one that meets your standards and requirements.
Best Side Toasters on the market in 2020
|Toaster Name||Weight||Temp. Control||Dimensions||Slices||Price|
|Dash Extra Wide Slot Toaster, White||4.4 lbs||Yes||16x8x5.8 in||2|
|ODA KITCHEN Toaster 2 Slice||3.77 lbs||Yes||14.6x5.5x8.3 in||2|
|Russell Hobbs 2-Slice Toaster||4.1 lbs||Yes||5.2x14.8x7.8 in||2|
|West Bend Quik-Serve Toaster||5.4 lbs||Yes||15x 6x10 in||2|
|Seren - Side Loading Toaster||6.1 lbs||Yes||14.2x6.3x8.2 in||2|
- The first masterpiece is the Dash DVTS501WH clear view toaster. This device is more than just a toaster. It also reheats, defrosts, and allows you to prepare different foods. The one-touch bagel button included permits you customizing your toasting process for a more delicious and interesting breakfast.
- The extra-wide slots also permit you to prepare waffles, bagels, and bread slices with different sizes easily. The see-through window of the toaster will also come in handy, as it lets you see the toasting progress without having to cancel the whole process or taking the slices out.
- Another feature worth mentioning is the fact the toaster boasts seven different browning levels. These allow you and your family members to have your toasts just how you love them. The auto shut-off feature prevents the appliance from overheating.
- Boasts a metal frame
- A recipe book is included
- Includes an auto shut-off function
- Comes with one-touch buttons
- 7 different browning levels
- Does not notify you when the toasting is done
- Pops up toasts with too much force, which might throw them to the ground
- This ODA kitchen toaster comes with a cavernous opening on its side that accommodates the whole removable bread tray. The tray is quite roomy, permitting you to toast bread slices of up to ten inches at the same time.
- When you’re toasting, let’s say two slices of bread, space won’t be an issue. But if you intend to make four slices of normal bread at the same time, you may run into some problems as the space on the rack is not that big.
- The controls on the ODA kitchen toaster are quite similar to the Dash toaster we just reviewed; with a reheat, defrost mode, and variable time controls. It also boasts a removable crumb tray and a stay cool exterior, made of special retardant polymer that makes clean up very easy after you’re done toasting your slices.
- The long wide slot has a big inner space that can fit large bread slices
- Easy to clean
- Comes with a removable crumb tray
- Practical and safe to use
- Comes with a three-year warranty
- Boasts multiple browning levels
- Does not have a one-sided toasting option
- Its unique design won’t suit all kitchen
- If you buy longer bread slices, or like me, make your own bread slices, you might be frustrated by the traditional two-slice toasters. You probably prefer a toaster with slots that are long enough, so you do not end up with unappealing strips of raw bread along the top of your slices.
- If that sounds like you, then Russell Hobbs 2 Slice Toaster is the perfect product for you as it retails with one extra-long slot that can toast long bread slices quickly. This toaster also delivers consistent results after multiple uses.
- Removable warming rack
- Includes the lift and look feature
- Long and tall slot
- Includes six browning levels
- Boasts three functions; bagel, frozen, and cancel
- Does not always toast very evenly
- The highest temperature tends to burn toasts
- This single slot two slice toaster delivers evenly browned toasties in less than 90 seconds. That makes it one of the fastest toasters out there in the market. It also boasts extra-wide slots that can accommodate wide muffins and bagels.
- Other features that make it must to buy are the cord storage, six different shading levels, and the removable crumb tray. This West Bend Quik Serve Toaster also managed to amalgamate design, style, and functionality in one toaster.
- Delivers toasts in just 90 seconds
- Can accommodate a range of English muffins, bagels, waffles, and bread slices
- Convenient cord storage
- Includes a removable crumb tray
- Can toast one side of a bagel
- The slot is a bit short of tall bread slices
- Sometimes the bread’s top stay untoasted
- This Seren side loading toaster is specifically designed to fit a wide array of different sized bread slices. In fact, its unusual side loading toasting rack has been said to allow users to toast almost everything, including toasties, samosas, sausage rolls, crumpets, and ciabatta.
- I put the appliance through a series of standard toasting tests to see how it would compare to other leading toasters in the marketplace. I also tried some of its unique features, including toasting fish fingers, sausage rolls, and bagels.
- After this extensive series of testing, the toaster’s performance surpassed my expectation, and I was convinced it was worth to purchase this gadget.
- Multiple browning levels
- Sleek design
- Easy to clean
- Removable crumb tray
- Can comfortably fit bread slices of different sizes
- A bit too large for some people
I hope this extensive review of the best side toasters has helped you choose the best toaster with a long slot that matches your personal preference and kitchen décor. My favorite product from this collection was the Dash DVTS501WH. I found this toaster to boast the most modern design without compromising its toasting abilities. Thanks to its compact design with that product you can even save space. If you cannot start your morning without a toast, this is the perfect product for you.
And what will be the best side toaster in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!