When it comes to kitchen appliances, the truth is, not all brands (even the major ones) offer appliances of the same standard. And that is what inspired me to create this detailed review of the best Proctor Silex toasters in the first place.
Allow me to give you a brief history of Proctor Silex to help you better understand why it is the best company to serve your toasting needs. With its roots tracing back to the Philadelphia Textile Machinery Company that was created in 1885, Proctor Silex was founded in the year 1960 after the merge of two different brands named Proctor Electric and Silex Company.
Since then, Proctor Silex has been known for designing the best electrical household appliances, which included toasters, toaster ovens, and even vacuum coffee makers. Better yet, to show you just how good Proctor Silex was at designing products, below are some of their record firsts.
The company delivered the first see-through steam iron water tank, first snap apart line of serviceable kitchen appliances, first adjustable automatic iron, first toaster oven, the first pop up toaster, first cord attached iron, first electric glass coffeemaker, and even first silent toaster.
So, if that, coupled with the decades of existence proves anything, it is that the company knows exactly what their customers require and none of their models in the list below will let you down.
To this day, Proctor Silex keeps growing with a progressive and renowned reputation as well as a continued dedication to serving consumers across the world.
With that in mind, let us skip to the most exciting section of the post and look at the best Proctor Silex Toaster money can buy today.
The Top 6 Best Proctor Silex Toasters in 2020
|Extra-Wide Slot Toaster||4.11 lbs||Yes||8 x 12.2 x 11.3 in||4|
|Toaster with Wide Slots||3 lbs||Yes||10.3 x 6.5 x 7.3 in||2|
|4-Slice Toaster||3.4 lbs||Yes||10.8 x 11.2 x 7.3 in||4|
|Cool Touch 4-Slice Toaster||4.8 lbs||Yes||12.2 x 12.2 x 9.3 in||4|
|2-Slice Toaster||2.75 lbs||Yes||5.8 x 11.3 x 7 in||2|
|4-Slice Toaster||5.62 lbs||Yes||12.2 x 8.7 x 12.6 in||4|
- The first Proctor Silex toaster in our review is a hard to beat model. In fact, if I was to create a post on the best modern toasters, I am confident that Proctor-Silex 24215 4-Slice Extra-Wide Slot Toaster would make the final cut.
- Straight out of the box, you will be mesmerized by this masterpiece’s perfect combination that allows it to blend in with any kitchen interior décor regardless of the theme color. I just hope you’re a fan of the black color.
- In addition to that, it retails with dual controls. If you are a fan of four-slice toasters, you probably know what this feature does. But for those who are still getting accustomed to the realm of toasters, allow me to explain it briefly.
- The dual setting implies that you can use the toaster’s two slots on the right side to prepare a meal on a certain setting while at the same time using the other two slots on the left side to prepare an entirely different meal using another setting.
- This will come in handy if you like mixing up your breakfast some morning or if someone in your household wants a different meal from yours before leaving for work or school in the morning.
- The appliance’s slots are also extra wide and extra-long. I tested them using the thickest and longest bagel, English muffin, and artisan bread slices I could find, and as expected, they all fit in perfectly. Better yet, they all came out perfectly and evenly toasted on both sides. If you prefer preparing your toasties using homemade bread slices, they will fit in as well.
- To protect the children in your household, Proctor-Silex has also made the body of the toaster cool to the touch. This means that regardless of how long the toaster stays in operation, its exterior surface will remain cool and won’t hurt anyone who accidentally comes into contact with it.
- To top it off, Proctor-Silex 24215 4-Slice Extra-Wide Slot Toaster is also one of the easiest to clean toasters, thanks to the fact it comes with a dishwasher safe slide-out crumb tray. This is the part of the toaster that collects crumb and debris that fall off the slices. To clean the crumb tray, simply pull it out and wipe it off using a damp cloth, then place it back.
- Retails with an auto shut off feature to protect your slices from getting burnt
- The high lift feature will lift your slices high enough to retrieve them without hurting your fingers
- The exterior surface remains cool to the touch
- The slots are extra wide and extra-long to fit in slices of all sizes and shapes
- Easy to use and clean
- Boasts dual controls
- If you live alone and are looking for the best regular toaster that can execute the basic functions required in a toaster, then this Proctor-Silex 22215 Toaster could be exactly what you are looking for.
- In fact, I acquired this appliance as a present for my 12-year-old daughter because she found me reviewing it and fell in love with it. Within only one week, she became an expert at operating it (and bear in mind that she has never operated a real toaster before.)
- And what gave me the confidence to believe that she won’t hurt herself is the fact it retails with a cool to the touch exterior surface that will not burn anyone’s hands if they accidentally come into contact with it during operation.
- Before starting to use the product continuously, make a test run on it to see, it has no malfunctions. If you perceive a disfunction, you can ask for a replacement or refund within 90 days for free. You only have to contact Amazon’s consumer service and claim a refund.
- Includes an auto shut off feature
- Cancel button included
- Seven different toasting levels to choose from
- The slide-out crumb tray makes it easy to clean
- The slots are wide enough to fit in slices of all sizes
- This Proctor Silex 4-Slice Toaster (24622) is definitely the best bagel toaster I have ever come across. It toasted my bagel slices in a way that the outside was crusty, but the inside remained soft and warm, even though the toaster does not have a specific bagel setting. When they were readily toasted, retrieving them was easy as well, thanks to the high lift levers that lift the slices high enough to protect my fingers from coming into contact with the hot section in between the slots.
- Beside the toaster setting, only the cancel function can be found on the appliance to halt the process in case something gets stuck in the slots. An auto shutoff feature also come into play when it perceives a malfunction, not to cause any fire or circuit. It also retails with a slide out crumb tray that makes it easy to clean and a cord wrap for fuss-free storage.
- The exterior remains cool to the touch during and after operations
- Removable crumb tray included to make it easy to clean
- Auto shut off feature included
- Boasts dual settings
- Feet are anti-slip
- Retails with seven different browning levels to pick from
- Are you scouring the internet trying to find the best toaster to give as a birthday or wedding gift? If yes, then I think that this Proctor-Silex Cool Touch 4-Slice Toaster could be exactly what you are looking for.
- Better yet, it retails in two different colors (black and white), both of which will perfectly blend in with any kitchen interior décor regardless of the theme color. Both appliances also retail with extra-wide and extra-long slots that can fit even waffles and bagels.
- The appliance comes with features like automatic shutoff, cancel feature to halt the process in anything gets stuck in. A removable crumb tray makes it easy to clean, which saves you time and energy on those busy mornings.
- Boasts a toast boost function
- The removable crumb tray makes it easy to clean
- Extra-wide slots
- The exterior surface remains cool to the touch
- Easy to use
- Lightweight for a four-slice toaster
- The second 2-slice toaster from Proctor Silex in this enumeration is the Proctor Silex 22612 2-Slice Toaster. What first attracted me to the appliance is its design, which looks like something from the future.
- And when I tested the appliance in the toasting department it passed with flying colors as well. The extra-wide slots fit in slices of all sizes and shapes and also delivered them perfectly and evenly toasted. It can accommodate large bagel and French toast slices beside the original bread slices. The glossy black finish makes it easy to clean in case you find fingerprint marks after using the appliance.
- Aesthetic design
- Easy to clean and use
- Delivers evenly toasted slices in a timely manner
- The slots are extra wide and extra long
- A removable crumb tray is included
- Very strong build
- If you are in the marketplace looking for the best aesthetic toaster that will leave anyone who walks into your kitchen in awe, then I believe that this Proctor Silex 24605 4-Slice Toaster could be exactly what you are looking for. In fact, I think this toaster has the most unique design I have ever come across. Having a minimal and a modern style at the same time.
- The only downside I could find on the appliance is the fact several people reported that it left fingerprint marks after usage. Other than that, you can rest assured that it will exceed your toasting expectations.
- To protect your slices from getting burnt, this masterpiece also retails with an auto shut off feature. This implies that if you get carried away while preparing your toasties and they sufficiently toast without you noticing, the appliance will automatically shut off to prevent them from getting browned any further.
- To retrieve your slices, all you ought to do is press the high lift lever and your slices will rise. As a general rule, always make sure you use the high lift lever while retrieving slices from the toaster because most of them (toasters) get excessively hot around the steel section in between the slots.
- And if you want to toast your bagel slices, ensure you first activate the bagel setting. This will allow you to toast only the cut side of your bagel slices.
- Has a very unique design
- Exterior remains cool to the touch
- Very versatile
- Includes an auto-shutoff feature
- The slots are extra wide and extra-long
- Easy to clean
- Multiple browning levels available for you to pick from
There you have it: a detailed enumeration of the best Proctor Silex Toasters you can invest in today. As you can see, there is everything for everyone. If you love uniqueness, the Proctor Silex 24605 4-Slice Toaster is there for you. If you love efficiency, the Proctor Silex 24215 4-Slice Extra-Wide Slot Toaster is there for you.
In fact, if I were to pick my favorite from the list above, I think I would choose the Proctor Silex 24215 4-Slice Extra-Wide Slot Toaster. It exceeded my expectations and toasting needs in every sense of the words.
And what will be the best Proctor Silex toaster in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!