So, you’re still personalizing that vintage kitchen of yours in order to complete your retro lifestyle. Perhaps you’ve already updated the cabinets to an eye-opening canary yellow or vibrant fire engine red. Or perhaps you’re done replacing all your fridge magnets with old time replicas and decked all your kitchen countertops with a retro mixer, retro sandwich maker, and all other vintage appliances. However, something is still missing, i.e. the best old style toaster.
Nothing screams 1950s homemaker like an old style toaster. And once it comes to finding the best one for sale, you have lots of factors to consider. Usually, style and size are the two main components, well-informed individuals look for. So, I took it upon myself to find the best 5 old style toasters that’ll meet these both factors and much more. You won’t even need to wonder what kind of kitchen fits a retro style toaster. My selections will look great in any kind of kitchen.
Without further ado, let us skip to the main section of the blog post.
Best Old Style Toasters on the market in 2020
|Nostalgia RTOS200 Retro 2-Slice Bagel Toaster||3.62 lbs||Yes||18.5x15.3x11.3 in||2|
|BELLA 2 Slice Toaster, Polished Stainless Steel||3.25 lbs||Yes||10.9x6.5x7.3 in||2|
|Russell Hobbs 2-Slice Retro Style Toaster, Red & Stainless Steel||3.7 lbs||Yes||6.7x9.8x7.9 in||2|
|Smeg Retro Style 2 Slice Toaster, Pastel Green||5.4 lbs||Yes||12.7x7.6x7.7 in||2|
|Hamilton Beach Classic Chrome 2 Slice Toaster||2 lbs||Yes||11.8x7.5x8.2 in||2|
- Highly recommended by most, if not all individuals who have tried out the appliance in the past (me included). The Nostalgia RTOS200 old style toaster is a nicely built machine that will consistently churn out evenly browned toasters time and again.
- This product’s two wide slots can accommodate some of the thickest bagels, English muffins, and bread. Besides the finely tuned temperature control, this vintage toaster also comes with a defrost feature you can use on items such as frozen waffles. I specifically laud this Nostalgia RTOS200 for its slick, stainless steel finish, as well as outstanding performance.
- Delivers consistent results
- Nicely wide slots
- Stylish retro design with chrome accents
- Powerful as it offers 900 watts
- Multiple browning levels
- The pop-up feature tends to fail
- Not so sturdy
- Let us face it, the first (and probably only) thing that catches your eye about most new toasters is their look. If the look is substandard, you’ll end up convincing yourself that everything else about the product is also substandard.
- Not only the appearance of the product is stunning, but I guarantee that most features the toaster comes with will impress you right away. With that in mind, lovers of attractive kitchen appliances will also fall in love with the retro vibe offered by this Bella Linea Collection toaster, which retails in up to three different colors. It is also one of the most nicely built in my selection.
- In addition, this product has a quality finish, and retails with the cancel, reheat and defrost functions. It also boasts a handy removable crumb tray and a high lift facility which provides access to smaller breads. The bottom line that this product features enough functionalities to satisfy all requirements for daily use.
- Who said you must sacrifice style for substance?
- Great design
- 6 different browning levels
- The high lift feature offers easy access to smaller bread pieces
- Powerful as it offers 900 watt toasting system
- Includes cancel, defrost and reheat functions
- Slots are not wide enough
- Get your busy day off by a perfect start with this attractive, red Russell Hobbs toaster. This masterpiece can toast two slices of bread at the same time and also includes a high lift function. The latter makes it easy for you to remove even smaller items such as crumpets and muffins from the toaster.
- The variable browning setting also awards you total control, so you can enjoy brown toasts exactly the way you like it. You will not need to worry in case you forget about your breakfast either because the product retails with a reheat function. This function warms your slices without further browning them.
- Even cleaning the toaster is quite easy since the removable crumb tray will collect all the mess for you.
- Includes a handy removable tray which ensures easy cleanup
- Heats toast easily and quickly
- You can select your perfect setting for brown toasts
- Includes a high lift function which makes it easy to retrieve small pieces
- Toasts 2 bread slices at once
- Some previous clients have pointed out that the results are not consistent over a long period
- The main reason I loved this product is that it has the award-winning retro look and also browns bread beautifully. Founded in 1984, SMEG is a family business located in Italy that produces high end and eye-catching kitchen appliances.
- When it launched back in 2014, the Smeg TSF01PGUS quickly nabbed the Best Design award by Chicago Museum, and the subsequent year, it picked up two more good design awards.
- The Smeg TSF01PGUS toaster retails in multiple colors, including pastel blue, pastel green, pink, chrome, and red. This implies that you can pick the perfect shade that fits your personal preference.
- Super stylish
- Excellent bagel function
- Consistent toasting
- Pretty fast
- Some users reported the unit warmed up too quickly
- For most of us, four slot toasters give away too much precious kitchen space and that’s why we are in the market to get something a bit more compact, like the Hamilton Beach Classic Chrome. This product offers the best value.
- Hamilton Beach Classic Chrome also offers even browning levels over the entire surfaces of bread slices. That said, this product has been reported to toast darker after multiple uses, so you may need to adjust the setting more as you go, specifically if you are a fan of lots of bagels or toasts.
- Other than that, both the bagel setting and defrost setting operate extremely well. The compact design of this product also implies extra wide slots, which measure approximately 1¼ inches wide. It allows to accommodate thick bagels and hearty hand-sliced breads.
- Lifts the slices higher
- Cool exterior
- Compact and saves kitchen space
- Auto shutoff
- Multiple browning levels
- Not consistent after a long period
These best old-style toasters are astoundingly efficient and offer the perfect texture, toast shades easier, quicker, and more reliably compared to most higher-end toasters. My pick of the best retro toaster is the Bella Linea Collection, thanks to its usability, consistency and value.
The product’s two slots are wide enough to handle almost any sort of meal, and the defrost as well as bagel settings also work exceptionally well.
And what will be the best old style toaster in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!