Nowadays, I cannot imagine my breakfast without a nice toast. And I bet you can’t either. Toasts have become a staple part of our daily lives these days. That said, my ability to enjoy toasts was hindered slightly when I decided to start using homemade and artisan bread slices to make toasts.
Most of them would not fit into an average toaster. And those that did, their top sides would come out untoasted. Needless to say, this was annoying.
So to counter this new hindrance in my life, I set out on a quest of finding a long slice toaster that could accommodate my preferred bread slices and restore my perfect experience with toasties.
But finding the best one was not an easy feat. The market is filled with hundreds, if not thousands of low-grade toasters labeled as “No. 1 Toaster in the World” and so I ended up blowing hundreds of dollars of my hard earned cash before finally finding a toaster that would work for me.
I do not want you to go through the same thing I did. And that’s why I decided to create this enumeration of the best long slice toasters in the marketplace today. All these appliances will perfectly toast your long bread slices without a hassle.
I decided to include five of them so you can also pick the one that will match your personal preference while at the same time complementing your kitchen’s interior décor.
With that in mind, let us skip to the main section of the post and learn more about the best long slice toasters today.
The top 5 Long Slice Toasters in 2019
|Toaster Name||Weight||Temp. Control||Dimensions||Slices||Price|
|Oster Long Slot 4-Slice Toaster||4.77 lbs||Yes||6.5x16x7.5 in||4|
|Breville Die-Cast 4-Slice Long Slot Smart Toaster||8.25 lbs||Yes||14.9x7.7x7.5 in||4|
|Russell Hobbs 2-Slice Long Toaster, Silver||4.1 lbs||Yes||5.2x14.8x7.8 in||4|
|KitchenAid 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster||6.2 lbs||Yes||7.7x16.5x8 in||4|
|Cuisinart Toaster, One Size, Chrome||6 lbs||Yes||16.2x8.8x8.5 in||4|
- I begin this enumeration with a product from one of the most reputable brands in the realm of kitchen appliances, Oster.
- Oster Manufacturing Company was started over a century ago, and throughout the years, they have released thousands of products; most of which have taken the marketplace by storm. Another thing that impressed me about Oster is the fact they use their customer’s negative feedback to design their subsequent products. This Oster Long Slot 4-Slice Toaster is one of such products.
- This toaster is also great for everyday use. It retails with two very long slots that allow you to fit bagels or artisan bread slices. If you are not a fan of artisan or homemade bread, then you can fit up to four regular sized bread slices and turn the appliance into a four slice toaster.
- When you acquire the product, it will also retail with a guide that will help you how you can attain even toasting as well as browning. To ensure the product’s easy cleaning, Oster included a removable crumb tray in the appliance.
- For safety purposes, Oster Long Slot 4-Slice Toaster also retails with an auto shut-off feature that will come in handy when there is a jam.
- To conclude Oster Long Slot 4-Slice Toaster’s review, it comes with seven different shade settings. This allows everyone in your family to have their toast slices exactly how they love them. If your spouse loves their toasts dark but you love yours lightly toasted, then this appliance has got you covered.
- It retails with a removable crumb tray that ensures easy cleaning
- Also includes an anti-jam feature that will automatically shut off the toaster
- Includes seven different shade settings to serve everyone’s needs in your family
- Can also fit the thickest bread slices in the market
- If you do not wish to use long bread slices, you can simply fit four regular sized bread slices
- The highest toasting level tends to burn the bread
- The Breville BTA830XL Die-Cast 4-Slice Long Slot Smart Toaster will be a premium investment in any kitchen. The first thing about this toaster that impressed me is that it notifies you when your toast is ready for consumption.
- And I could also set the tone to either a high or low level. I also had the option to mute it completely.
- This is an essential feature if you are usually busy in the morning; since all you need to do is place the bread slices into the slots, continue with what you are doing, and let the toaster notify you when your breakfast is ready.
- This toaster is using 1600 watts, which allows it to deliver perfectly toasted slices in minutes, and that feature has been topped off with a die-cast metal that is cool to touch to protect you or anyone else who accidentally comes into contact with the toaster while it is operating.
- This toaster measures 14.9” x .7.7” x 7.5”, which as you can see is pretty compact for a long slice toaster. The toaster also boasts a higher heating wattage compared to most toasters I tested while researching for this post.
- The bottom line is, if you are looking for a top of the line long slice toaster with most of the bells and whistles, this is it.
- Boasts a cool touch brushed die-cast metal body
- Included LED indicators to show you the toasting progress
- Includes all functions expected on a toaster
- Looks aesthetic and will complement any kitchen interior
- The tool makes a “not so pleasant” squeak sound as the carriage ascends
- The first toasting level is not even
- Russell Hobbs Glass Accent Long Slot Toaster is a 120 volt, 1200 watts kitchen appliance that can toast your bread slices in six different shades and also retails with a bagel function. Its perfect size permits it to take up a little space on your kitchen countertop, and also makes it easier for you to store the appliance when it is not in use.
- Just like most toasters in this enumeration, this Russell Hobbs Glass Accent Long Slot Toaster is worth your hard earned cash because it can perfectly toast longer bread slices without a hassle. The removable warming rack placed on the appliance is in place to allow you to heat up bread slices that won’t fit inside the toaster. The removable crumb tray is in place to make your cleaning process easier.
- That said, note that like most Russell Hobbs appliances, this toaster is by default set to the highest setting, so you will need to set it up prior to your toasting sessions.
- Boasts a removable warming rack and crumb tray which make cleaning easier
- Six different toasting levels
- Narrow design that makes it easy to store
- Aesthetic stainless steel silver design
- Also comes with a bagel function
- Can fit homemade bread slices
- Has been default-set to the highest toasting level
- You will need to reset after each use
- If you choose KitchenAid KMT4116CU 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster, you can rest assured you have utter control over your toasties with its seven different toasting shades. You can either fit two large bagels or bread slices or you can also put in four different average-sized bread slices.
- Other features included in the appliance to make your toasting life easier from now onwards are the, bagel, keep warm, reheat, and defrost function.
- Includes a removable crumb that makes cleaning easier
- Includes a high lift lever that will ensure you do not burn your fingers
- Includes all functions, such as bagel, keep warm, reheat, and defrost
- Comes with seven different shade settings
- Takes longer to make toast than most others
- The Cuisinart CPT-2400 Toaster is a classic and cool little beast in the realm of toasters retailing with a shiny chrome finish that will look aesthetic in any kitchen.
- This appliance also boasts two extra-long slots measuring 10” x 1.5” with self-centering function as well as a high-lift lever. This tool also retails with six different shade settings that will ensure everyone in your house has their toasties how they prefer them.
- The tool is also powered by 1500 watts, which ensures it delivers perfectly toasted slices in minutes. The pull-out crumb tray included in the package will be super convenient when it comes to cleaning.
- The length of the slots are 10”, and as far as I know, that is sufficient to fit any bread slice you come across. Cuisinart did not forget to include a bagel feature as well, and it will toasts just one side (the cut side.)
- As you can see, this is a well built, low-grade machine with the potential to keep serving you and your family for years to come if you take good care of it. I even dropped mine several times (accidentally of course) but to this day, it still delivers some of the best-toasted bread slices.
- Other toaster functions you’ll find on the appliance include reheat, cancel, and the defrost functions.
- Includes self-centering bread slots
- Comes with a pull out crumb tray which makes cleaning easier
- All functions included (toast, cancel, defrost, bagel, and six shade settings.)
- Boasts a chrome housing with a High-lift lever
- The extra-wide slots can also fit four regular-sized bread slices
- Not the most aesthetic
- It is noisy when you are pressing down the lever
After extensive research and testing, I personally route for Breville BTA830XL Die-Cast 4-Slice Long Slot Smart Toaster as the best long slice toaster in the marketplace today. This tool is perfect for people on the go. All you need to do is place your bread slices in the toaster, continue with what you were doing, then the alarm will beep immediately when the bread slices are ready. It was also easy to clean and kept delivering consistent results even after multiple tries.
And what will be the best long slice toaster in 2020? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!