Besides the hard to beat satisfaction of a job well done, making your own perfectly toasted bread slices from scratch will deliver delicious meals and will generally cost way less compared to going to a restaurant to order the same meal.
That said, this would be quite impossible without the best KitchenAid toaster in your kitchen corner. Founded a century ago in 1919 by the Hobart manufacturing company, KitchenAid is a leading American Home Appliances company currently owned by the Whirlpool Corporation.
For the years the company has been in existence, it has created a reputation for being the best company when it comes to designing the best retro toasters. So, if you are looking for a toaster that will function as a piece of machinery from the future while at the same time having your kitchen look like a space from the 50s, then you have come to the right place today.
Better yet, if you are a fan of those prime-time cooking television shows, then I am confident you have likely seen a KitchenAid appliance in at least one of the scenes.
With that in mind, before getting to the main section of the post and looking at the best KitchenAid toasters money can buy today, let us look at some of the factors I ensured each toaster I included met before presenting the final list to you.
Accessories and Attachments
The best regular toaster also ought to be the best easy to use toaster, and that is where accessories and attachments come into play. The most important accessory I ensured each toaster has is the removable crumb tray.
For those not accustomed to this part of the tool and what it does, I will explain it in a few words. A crumb tray collects all the dirt and debris that fall off the toasted slices which in turn ensures that your kitchen counter remains clean while at the same time makes the toaster itself easy to clean.
To clean the crumb tray, all you ought to do is take it out, wipe it clean using a damp cloth, and put it back in the toaster to continue making your breakfast.
If someone in your family tends to leave early in the morning for school or work, then you have to make sure that the appliance you pick is also one of the fastest toasters. On average, a fast toaster will deliver perfectly toasted slices in less than 3 minutes. This implies that if you are using a 4-slice toaster, then you can toast an entire loaf of bread in less than 20 minutes. Impressive, right?
Safety and protection features
You cannot ignore safety and protection features of your kitchen appliances, especially if you have children running around the house. In addition to that, if, like me, you tend to get carried away while preparing breakfast, then some protection features will suit you as well.
For instance, most of the appliances in this enumeration boast overheating protection features which ensure that your slices will never be overburnt. Others retail with automatic pop up features that allow them to pop up your slices when they have been sufficiently toasted to ensure they do not get browned any further.
With those features in mind, let us skip to the main section of the post.
The Top 7 KitchenAid Toasters in 2020
|2-Slice Automatic Toaster||10 lbs||Yes||16.1 x 11.4 x 9.5 in||2|
|4-Slice Pro Line Toaster||17.4 lbs||Yes||15.2 x 10 x 15.7 in||2|
|Long Slot Toaster||7.4 lbs||Yes||18.2 x 10.2 x 9.7 in||2|
|4 Slice Long Slot Toaster||6.2 lbs||Yes||7.7 x 16.5 x 8 in||2|
|Toaster with High Lift Lever||4.4 lbs||Yes||7.7 x 12 x 8 in||2|
|Toaster with Manual High-Lift Lever||8 lbs||Yes||11.5 x 12.5 x 8.3 in||4|
|High-Lift Lever Toaster||6.1 lbs||Yes||16.1 x 5.4 x 7.9 in||2|
- The first appliance in our enumeration is the KitchenAid KMT2203FP Pro Line Series 2-Slice Automatic Toaster. The first thing you will notice about this appliance just from the image above is the fact it boasts perfectly labeled levels of toasting.
- It boasts 7 different browning levels, with the first level delivering lightly toasted slices and the seventh delivering darkly toasted slices. This will come in handy if the people in your family prefer their slices toasted to different shades.
- In addition to that, the appliance retails with a unique build that allows it to take up the minimum space on your kitchen counter. So, if you tend to save on space, then this is the appliance you should choose.
- Another thing you will notice after visiting the toaster’s page on Amazon is the fact it retails in four different colors including black, red, sugar pearl, and frosted pearl. This further makes it the perfect gift option if you have a loved one’s wedding or party coming up.
- If you have a habit of leaving leftovers after making toasties, then KitchenAid KMT2203FP Pro Line Series 2-Slice Automatic Toaster has got you covered as well. This masterpiece retails with a reheat feature that can warm up your slices without browning them any further.
- Other functions you will find on the appliance are the bagel function, frozen setting, and cancel setting. The frozen setting will allow you to toast your frozen slices in a timely manner whereas the bagel function will allow you to only toast the cut side of your bagel slices. The bagel mode also toasts your slices in a way that the outside comes out crispy and crusty while the inside remains soft and warm.
- And in case something gets stuck inside the appliance during your operations, simply press the cancel button to halt the entire toasting procedure and turn off the appliance.
- To protect your fingers from accidental burn injuries, it retails with a cool to the touch exterior surface and an automatic lift and lower lever. The cool to the touch exterior feature implies that regardless of the operation time, its surface will remain cool.
- The lift and lower lever, on the other hand, will lift your slices high enough so you can retrieve them without coming into contact with the slot’s steel (it gets excessively hot after toasting.)
- Very versatile
- Easy to clean and operate
- Saves on kitchen space
- You have seven different browning levels to choose from
- Has a cool to the touch exterior
- Retails in five different colors
- Do you have many housemates and are you tired of waiting for others to finish using the 2-slice toaster in your house to jump in and prepare your breakfast? If that sounds like you, then allow me to present to you one of the best 4-slice toasters money can buy today: KitchenAid KMT4203CA Candy Apple Red 4-Slice Pro Line Toaster.
- If you are a fan of KitchenAid appliances, then you can tell right away that this masterpiece’s design has been inherited from the iconic 1937 model stand mixer from the same company. From the image above, you can also tell that this 4-slice toaster retails with dual settings.
- The dual setting implies that you can use the two slices on the right to prepare a meal (say bread slices) using a certain setting while at the same time using the other two slots on the left to prepare a different meal (say bagel slices) using an entirely different mode. If that doesn’t convince you that this masterpiece deserves a spot on your kitchen counter, then I don’t know what will.
- Can deliver four slices at the same time
- Boasts dual design
- Very versatile
- Seven different toasting levels you can pick from
- Retails in six different colors
- The slots are extra-long and extra-wide
- If you are in the marketplace looking for the best KitchenAid toaster with the most exclusive design, then I urge you to take a good look at this KitchenAid KMT5115DG Long Slot Toaster. It also boasts a retro design, but its color amalgamation makes it look like something from an entirely different era.
- Moving on to its toasting ability, it retails with two extra-wide and extra-long slots that could fit any slices I tried out. The slots also boast self-centering guides, which are in place to position your slices to ensure they come out evenly toasted at all times.
- When your slices are readily toasted, use the high lift lever to take them out without hurting your fingers.
- Could fit in slices of all sizes and shapes
- Many toasting levels you can pick from
- Many toasting settings included
- Has a bagel setting
- Will save on space
- Just from its name, you can tell KitchenAid KMT4116CU 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster’s unique selling proposition. If your primary goal is to save on space, then this is the 4-slice toaster I urge you to try out.
- Better yet, even though it boasts two slots, they are wide enough to easily fit up to four regular-sized bread slices. It also delivers perfectly toasted slices, which is not an easy feature to come across in the marketplace today.
- For easy storage and cleaning, the product comes with a removable crumb tray, that you can pull out after use to clean the toaster and it also has an under base cord to keep your kitchen counter tidy.
- Boasts a long space-saving design
- Sturdy and durable
- Slots are sufficiently long and wide
- Easy to clean and use
- Seven different toasting levels to pick from
- Just from the image, you can tell that KitchenAid KMT2116CU 2 Slice Slot Toaster is simply the smaller version of the KitchenAid KMT4116CU 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster we just looked at. Other than that, both appliances can do the same thing, so I won’t go into details again.
- This toaster also retails in four different colors, it is fitted with four different toasting settings (bagel, defrost, toast, and keep warm), and boasts seven different toasting levels you can pick from.
- The fact it retails in many colors makes it the perfect gift option. To keep your kitchen counter uncluttered, the appliance also retails with an under base cord storage and a removable crumb tray.
- Under base cord storage included
- Seven different toasting levels you can pick from
- Easy to clean and use
- Includes a high lift lever
- Retails in four different colors
- Here comes another 4-slice toaster from KitchenAid. Just like the previous 4-slice toaster we looked at earlier, this masterpiece also retails with dual settings and its slots can easily accommodate the thickest bread slices. I tested the appliance using the thickest slices of bagels, English muffins and artisan slices I could find.
- The all-metal construction also makes the appliance durable while at the same time boosting its sturdiness. That said, that implies that the appliance’s exterior surface will get somewhat hot during operations making it unsafe if you tend to have children running around the house.
- If you are a fan of bagels for breakfast, then you’re in luck as well because I found out that the appliance delivers the tastiest bagel slices, I have ever tasted. And the bagel setting delivers them in a way that the outside becomes crusty, but the inside remains soft and warm.
- To give you more selection process, KitchenAid Kmt4115cu 4-Slice Toaster also retails in four different color combinations you can choose from.
- Boasts dual settings
- Comes with a removable crumb tray to make it easy to clean
- Cancel and bagel functions included
- It has an all-metal construction to make it durable
- Delivers 4 extra-wide slots
- Has an under base cord storage
- To be honest, the main reason I decided to acquire KitchenAid KMT3115BM 2 Slice Long Slot High-Lift Lever Toaster and put it through my testing sessions is its design. It looks like something out of this world and I was sure that after testing it, I would gift it to my daughter as a birthday present (who for the record, fell head over heels in love with it.)
- That said, after testing out the appliance when it arrived at my doorstep, it, without a doubt, surpassed my expectations. The only downside I could find was the fact it only retails with one extra-long slot, so if you have a bigger family, this gadget will not be the perfect choice. But if you use regular sized bread slices, then you can easily fit in up to two bread slices in the slot.
- Other than that, the appliance passed with flying colors in all other toasting departments. For starters, it retails with a sturdy high lift lever and also with a removable crumb tray to ensure easy cleaning and emptying.
- It also retails in two colors (red and black) giving you some freedom regarding the shade you would like to introduce into your kitchen space.
- Other functions you will find on the appliance, besides the toast setting include defrost, bagel, cancel, and reheat (all of which I talked about in details earlier.)
- What’s more? The kitchen appliance retails with seven different browning levels in order to accommodate everyone’s taste in your family. That said, be careful while operating on the seventh toasting setting because I realized that it kept burning my slices when I left them in for too long.
- And as a general rule of thumb, avoid the area around the slot at all cost because it gets excessively hot during operations and I wouldn’t want you to hurt yourself.
- The slot is wide and long enough to fit a wide array of meals.
- The high lift level is sturdy
- Very durable
- Retails with a removable crumb tray to ensure easy cleaning and emptying
- Several functions included to boost the tool’s versatility
- Saves on space
- Retails in two different colors
There you have it, my detailed guide on the best KitchenAid toasters money can buy today. If you have a toaster that has caught your eye, I urge you to place an order right away while stock lasts. On the other hand, if you love more than one product and are having a hard time making an educated decision solely based on the guide above, then allow me to make my professional opinion.
If I were to pick from the products above, I would choose the KitchenAid KMT4203CA Candy Apple Red 4-Slice Pro Line Toaster to introduce to my family. If you have a big family and a 2-slice toaster won’t suffice, then feel free to choose this 4-slice model as well.
And what will be the best KitchenAid toaster in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!