Hamilton Beach is arguably the leading distributor in the realm of small kitchen appliances with tens of millions of products sold each year. If you are a kitchen appliance’s aficionado, then you also know that consumers have a very important opinion about their products, and I presume that is what inspired you to check out this post on the best Hamilton Beach Toasters in the first place.
Just like all their products, toasters from this hard to beat brand also have a reputation for delivering exceptionally toasted slices. All the slices that go into my toaster come out crusty on the outside but warm and soft on the inside: You know that is a hard result to deliver if you have used a wide array of products from different kitchen appliance companies.
In addition to that, Hamilton Beach also uses the latest technological inventions in all its appliances to ensure the toaster you get will also look aesthetic in your kitchen; regardless of its (your kitchen) interior décor and theme color.
Having said that, to help you understand what further sets this toasters’ brand from most others in the marketplace today, allow me to tell you a little about its history. If that doesn’t motivate you to place an order by the time, you’re done checking out this review, I don’t know what will.
The Hamilton Beach Kitchen Appliances Manufacturing Company was founded more than a century ago (in 1910) by Chester Beach and L.H. Hamilton. Five years before the company’s establishment, Chester Beach had invented a fractional motor that was high speed. This was the same technology that was used in most of the company’s first products.
By the end of 1911, the company released the brand’s 1st drink mixer. What’s more? In 1921, Hamilton Beach then introduced its lightweight vacuum cleaner, and by the end of that decade, it had released more than a hundred more products.
That information alone proves that Hamilton beach has been surpassing expectations long enough to know exactly what their customers need when it comes to toasters. So, whichever product you pick from this list, you can rest assured it will serve your family for years to come.
And in order to ensure there was a product for everyone, I’ve included 2-slice toasters as well as 4-slice toasters. The 4-slice models will come in handy if you have a big family and you are tired of waiting for those who woke up before you to prepare their breakfast so you can jump in and prepare your delicacy.
Without further delay, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the best Hamilton Beach toasters you can acquire today.
The Top 7 Hamilton Beach Toasters in 2020
|Extra-Wide Slot Toaster||3.4 lbs||Yes||10.4 x 7.3 x 10.2 in||4|
|2-Slice Extra-Wide Toaster||2.8 lbs||Yes||11.3 x 6.3 x 6.9 in||2|
|Stainless Steel Toaster||3.55 lbs||Yes||11.8 x 8.2 x 7 in||2|
|Long Slot Stainless Steel Toaster||5.53 lbs||Yes||15.8 x 7.5 x 7.8 in||2|
|Classic Chrome Toaster||5.9 lbs||Yes||12.2 x 11.9 x 8.7 in||4|
|Modern Chrome Toaster||3.64 lbs||Yes||7.5 x 12.2 x 8.4 in||2|
|Cool Touch Toaster||3.1 lbs||Yes||9.5 x 13 x 8 in||2|
- The first masterpiece in this detailed review is the Hamilton Beach Extra-Wide 4-Slice Slot Toaster. Straight out of the box, the appliance looks like a product from the future: thanks to its state-of-the-art design.
- As I noted in the preceding section, four-slice toasters are in existence to serve big families. And this appliance does it as well. It can deliver four perfectly toasted slices in less than five minutes. With it on your corner, you’ll never be late for work or school again because your toastie was taking forever to get ready.
- The four slots are also extra wide and extra-long. To ensure they could fit in everything you throw in them, I used the thickest slices of bagels, English muffins, croissants, and artisan bread slices I could find in the supermarket. They all fit in perfectly.
- Speaking of bagel slices, this Hamilton Beach Extra-Wide 4-Slice Slot Toaster has also been equipped with a bagel toasting feature alongside with two other functions. The bagel function only toasts the cut side of your slices. And it does it in a way that the outside comes out crusty, but the inside remains soft and warm.
- The other two functions on the appliance are cancel and defrost. The defrost setting allows you to toast frozen bread slices quickly whereas the cancel button allows you to instantly cancel the appliance’s toasting procedure if anything goes wrong (such as something getting stuck inside the slots.)
- In order to help you retrieve your slices when they’ve been perfectly toasted, it also retails with a high lift lever, which will protect your fingers from burn injuries that may result from you coming into direct contact with the area in between the slots.
- Press the high lift lever and the slices inside the slots will be lifted enough so you can retrieve them without a hassle.
- That said, only the area in between the slots got excessively hot during operations. The rest of the surface remains cool to the touch regardless of how long the toaster has been operating. This will come in handy if you have children in the household since they’re more likely to bump into the appliance.
- Another feature worth noting on this appliance is its dual controls. If you are not accustomed to this feature, it means that you can use the first two slots on the right side to prepare a meal (say bread slices) using a specific setting while at the same time use the other two slots on the left side to prepare a different meal (say English Muffins) using a different setting. Sounds futuristic, doesn’t it?
- Slices that go into the appliance come out perfectly toasted
- Toaster maintains its consistency
- Easy to clean, thanks to the removable crumb tray
- Comes with a high lift lever to protect your fingers from burn injuries
- Very versatile
- Perfect for families
- The feet could be more anti-slip
- If you live alone and don’t frequently have to prepare toasties for a huge group of people, then I think this Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel 2-Slice Extra-Wide Toaster will suffice.
- Just like the four-slice counterpart we just looked at, this gadget can fit in bread slices of all sizes and shapes and delivers perfectly toasted meals in less than five minutes.
- There is one thing that this 2-slice toaster has that the preceding appliance did not have. It is an auto shut off feature. In case anything gets stuck or jammed in the appliance, the toaster’s heating elements will automatically turn off. This ensures that your toaster lasts long while at the same time makes sure you won’t ever leave your house with an empty stomach because your slices were ruined.
- Slots are deep and wide enough
- Comes with a high lift lever
- Auto shut off feature has been included
- Boasts seven different browning settings
- Easy to operate and clean
- The exterior surface shows fingerprint marks after use
- I didn’t notice any difference between the third toasting level and the fourth one
- This Hamilton Beach Digital 2 Slice Stainless Steel Toaster is the best testament to Hamilton Beach’s ability to deliver the most aesthetic toasters. That has been topped off by a digital display that has been included in the appliance to show you the setting your toaster is currently on.
- The stainless steel ensures that the toaster will keep serving your family for years without running into any issues. And when you’re dealing with smaller meals such as English Muffin slices, ensure you use the sturdy high lift lever to lift them high so you can retrieve them without hurting yourself.
- Slots are extra-long and wide
- Easy to use and clean
- Comes with a digital display
- High lift lever included
- The stainless-steel is not fingerprint resistant
- The design does not entice everyone
- If your goal is to find the best Hamilton beach toaster that can deliver perfectly toasted slices while at the same time save on kitchen counter space, then this Hamilton Beach 4-Slice Long Slot Keep Warm Toaster (24810) could be what you are looking for.
- Even though the toaster only has two slots, the long slot design allows it to toast up to four slices at the same time without taking up too much space. This toaster also retails with a keep warm feature. This allows your slices to stay inside the turned-on appliance without getting browned any further.
- You don’t have to worry about leaving mess on the counter either, because a cord wrap is taking place at the bottom of the toaster.
- Includes a keep warm feature
- Easy to operate
- Delivers perfectly slices quickly
- Seven different browning levels to pick from
- Couldn’t fit the tallest slices
- The exterior surface gets slightly hot during operations
- The second four-slice toaster in our enumeration is the Hamilton Beach Classic Chrome 4-Slice Toaster (24790). Just like the first one, this work of art delivers perfectly toasted slices quickly and boasts four different toasting settings, namely reheat, cancel, bagel and defrost.
- In fact, I have friends who own restaurants, and they have recommended this appliance as one of the best commercial toasters as well. If it can handle a restaurant’s needs, I do not think your household’s needs will be a problem.
- Another feature that will blow your mind is the fact this 4-slot toaster boasts nine different toasting levels. So, if you love your slices darkly toasted but your significant other loves theirs slightly toasted, then the appliance has got both of you covered.
- Retrieving small food slices has been made easy by the high lift lever included. It will help you keep away from burn injuries.
- Boasts dual controls
- Slots could fit in slices of all sizes and shapes
- Durable and sturdy
- Nine different browning levels to pick from
- Exterior surface remains cool to the touch
- Takes up too much counter space
- If you love bagels, this is the toaster for you. It delivers the tastiest bagels I have ever tested myself. The setting only warms the cut side of your slices while warming the round side.
- If you love switching up your breakfast options from time to time, the appliance can also toast English muffins, waffles, croissants, and regular bread slices. In case any meal gets stuck or jammed inside the appliance, the toaster’s heating elements will automatically turn off, thanks to the automatic shut off feature that has been included.
- Boasts seven different browning settings
- Delivers the tastiest bagel slices
- Comes with an automatic shutoff feature
- The slots are wide enough to fit in all slices
- A high lift lever is included to protect your fingers
- The shade is not enticing to everyone
- Too large for a two-slice toaster
- The last but by no means the least Hamilton Beach toaster in this enumeration is a 2-Slice Cool Touch Toaster (22121). I’ll be completely honest with you. I included this product because it was my companion throughout my four years in college.
- But if that proves anything, it is that the product is very durable. Get it today, and you won’t need to worry about getting a new one anytime in the near future. If you value aesthetics in your kitchen, this 2-slice toaster has got you covered as well. Its design and color combination allow it to complement any space.
- Now let us move to the toasting department. Thanks to how perfectly this masterpiece toasted slices, my friends borrowed the appliance each morning. And note that most of my friends had toasters themselves. They just couldn’t match what it was capable of.
- The appliance was consistent in its results as well. Once, we used it to prepare six loaves continuously and the last slice that went into the appliance came out just as perfectly toasted as the first one that went in.
- Cleaning the appliance won’t be a hassle either. As you can probably see in the image above, it retails with a removable crumb tray. For those who are not accustomed to this part of the tool or what it does, it collects all dirt and debris that fall off from your toasted slices, so your kitchen counter does not look messed up when you’re done toasting.
- To clean this tool, all you need to do is take it out, wipe it clean using a damp clothing, put it back into your toaster, and carry on toasting. To top this off, the toaster’s surface does not leave fingerprint marks after using, which eliminates the need of cleaning the toaster regularly.
- Speaking of the surface, you can even tell from Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Cool Touch Toaster (22121)’s name that it remains cool to the touch during operations. I talked about this feature earlier, so I won’t go into detail about it.
- If you and your roommate or spouse love your toasties toasted to different levels, then this appliance has both of you covered as well. It retails with five different browning levels, with the first level delivering lightly toasted slices and the fifth level delivering dark toasted slices.
- But be careful while using the fifth setting because I realized it burns your slices if you leave them in for too long.
- To help you toast frozen bagels quickly, it also retails with a frozen bagel setting. Just like the normal bagel setting, this feature will allow you to toast only the cut side of your frozen bagels; but quicker.
- The exterior surface remains cool to the touch
- Retails with four different toasting setting
- You have five different browning levels to pick from
- A crumb tray is included to make the appliance easy to clean
- Compact and lightweight, making it portable
- A high lift lever has been included to protect your fingers from burn injuries
- The slots are wide and long enough to fit in anything you try fitting inside them
- The cord is slightly short
- The fifth toasting level tends to burn slices
There you have it; my detailed and ultimate review of the best Hamilton beach toasters money can buy today. If you have a question, do not hesitate to leave a comment below. And in case you are new to these products and having a hard time picking based solely on my review, I will give you my professional opinion.
If you have sufficient kitchen counter space, I advise that you go for the Hamilton Beach Extra-Wide 4-Slice Slot Toaster. It does everything I desire, easy to use, and won’t hurt my children if they’re not careful. Try it out and let me know what you think.
And what will be the best Hamilton Beach toaster in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!