Toasters are the most used appliances in the kitchen today. This is mostly because it can do almost everything, from serving up Monday morning toasties to making makeshift grilled cheese sandwiches. Functions of the best compact toasters are virtually limitless.
With that in mind, if you’re in the market for a new toaster because your trusty old one ultimately walked out on you: or perhaps you’re just looking for an upgrade to keep up with the growing needs of your family, then you might feel a bit confused when you are faced with the unlimited toaster unit options available in the marketplace today.
That is why I decided to come to your rescue and present you the ultimate shortlist of the best compact toasters today. Instead of wasting your precious time and reviewing hundreds of products out there, all you need to do now is read through my enumeration below and pick the one that best fits your needs and personal preferences.
Without further delay, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the best compact toasters out there today.
The Top 5 Compact Toaster in 2019
|Toaster Name||Weight||Temp. Control||Dimensions||Slices||Price|
|2 Slice, Stainless Steel Compact Toaster||3.45 lbs||Yes||4.7x3.5x2.8 in||2|
|NOVETE Toaster 2 Slice Wide Slot||3.22 lbs||Yes||12.4x8.7x7.6 in||2|
|Hamilton Beach 22706 2 Slice Toaster||2.5 lbs||Yes||6.8x12x8 in||2|
|Philips Toaster HD2598_00 Long slot||2.2 lbs||Yes||10x1.4x4.7 in||2|
|Compact Small Bread Bagel Toasters||3.7 lbs||Yes||12.4x8.4x7.6 in||2|
- If you think a four-slot toaster consumes too much kitchen counter space and you are in the market for something that is a bit more compact, then Realex 2 Slice Toaster is the tool for you.
- This masterpiece delivered even browning over the entire surfaces of my bread slices, and did so continuously even after multiple, continuous testing sessions.
- That said, the only downside I realized was the fact the third and fourth toasting levels had no difference, so you’ll need to adjust accordingly.
- Both defrost and bagel functions operate extremely well. My breakfast pastry was a warm 185 degrees in the inside and hot 225 degrees on the outside. This gadget ensured that all my meals were warm and soft in the inside, but crisp on the outside.
- Another downside of Realex 2 Slice Toaster is the fact its compact design means slightly smaller toasting slots. So if you’re a fan of homemade or artisan bread slices, they probably won’t fit well in this appliance. But everything else about the tool was up to standard.
- It also included a removable crumb tray, which made cleaning the tool after use extremely easy. Use the lever to lift your bread slices high so you can retrieve them without coming in contact with the space in between the warming racks.
- Four basic functions include: Bagel, Cancel, Reheat, and Defrost functions
- Easy to use and clean
- Comes with a high lift lever that allows you to retrieve your toasties without burning your fingers
- Offers seven different browning settings
- Versatile and could prepare toasts, bagels, buns, slices of pizza, and waffles
- Notifies you when your toasties are ready
- Not from a renowned brand
- Tall, homemade slices won’t fit in
- The list of functionalities NOVETE 2 Slice Toaster delivers is endless. First, this toaster retails with extra-wide slots that allow you to toast bread slices of your preference regardless of their sizes and shape. During my testing sessions, I used meals such as French toasts, homemade bread slices, bagels, and muffins: and they all fit in perfectly.
- Ensure that you place and center your meals in the proper toasting position while using the appliance. This toaster ensures even toasting on both sides of your slices.
- Other function NOVETE 2 Slice Toaster offers include cancel, reheat, and defrost settings and it’s easy to control by only pressing the buttons. The defrost button will quickly warm and toast frozen bread slices (such as frozen waffles).
- The reheat button allows you to keep your bagels and toasties warm without browning them any further. Use the cancel button when, for some reason, you need to halt the toasting procedure midway through.
- To top it off, this equipment boasts seven different browning levels that allow it to prepare everyone’s taste and preference.
- Cancel, reheat, and defrost functions included
- Quality and safety guaranteed
- Offers seven shade settings
- Comes with extra-wide slots
- Has a handy cord wrap and a removable crumb tray
- Space saving
- Not easy to find replacement parts
- The cord was a bit too short
- The Hamilton Beach 22706 also qualifies as one of the fastest toasters out there today. If you are an on-the-go or busy parent who always has to leave their house quickly in the morning, then this is the perfect product for you.
- The toaster retails with 2, extra-wide slots that you can take advantage of and toast a wide array of meals from English muffins, morning bagels, and thicker bread slices. The tool also includes additional features such as the cancel, defrost, and bagel functions.
- Boosts a smudge-proof brushed finish
- Easy to clean and includes a slide-out crumb tray
- The high lift lever allows you to easily retrieve toasties without burning your fingers
- Extra-wide slots to accommodate thick bagels and bread slices
- Easy to store due to its compact design
- The section in between the slots gets too hot during operation
- The cord is too short
- The Philips Daily Collection Toaster has been engineered using plastic of the highest density grade. It is also durable and resistant to heat and stress compared to most toasters I’ve come across. The internal, toasting racks are designed using high-grade metal to ensure durability.
- The one extra-long slot could hold thick and larger bread slices due to its automatic centering. Automatic centering is the feature that ensures all your meals that go into the appliance are placed in a way that ensures even toasting.
- There are cases when your bread slices may get stuck inside the slot when you’re toasting. When this happens, worry not. The system of the toaster will automatically shut itself off and stop the toasting procedure. You can then press the high lift lever placed at the front side of the toaster to raise the slices high so you can retrieve them.
- Will automatically shut down if your meal gets stuck
- Multiple browning levels
- Can fit thick bagels and bread slices as well
- Engineered using a high-grade product to ensure safety and durability
- Delivers consistent results
- Given its power, it could’ve easily been one of the best four-slice toasters
- The slim nature is offset by the length of the tool
- Across all our testing departments, this Compact Small Bread Bagel Toaster performed extremely well. It was incredibly consistent, shaded the entire surface of bread slices, and was very fast, making it convenient for households where everyone is in a hurry in the morning.
- The two slots are wide enough to accommodate even the thickest bread slices. If you are a fan of homemade or artisan bread slices, then this is the tool for you.
- During my testing sessions for consistency, this toaster gradually decreased the period bread slices spent inside the slots, making sure that the medium browning level delivered toasties of the same quality on the sixth round as it did during the 1st.
- This unit is also well designed from side to side and top to the bottom, with an extremely slight detectable difference from the front to the back.
- For every meal this appliance delivered, the outside was hot and crispy, while the inside remained soft and moist for best results.
- Can blend in perfectly with any kitchen interior décor
- The exterior remained cool to the touch
- Extra-wide slots that can fit artisan bread slices
- Toasts quickly
- Includes a high lift lever
- Six different browning levels for you to choose from
- The design was not enticing
- Sometimes the toasts pop out from the toaster when they are ready
After extensive research and testing sessions, my pick for the best compact toasters out there is the Hamilton Beach 22706 due to its value, usability, and toasting consistency. The slots were also wide enough to fit most bread slices (it would qualify as one of the best wide slot toasters.)
It also looked and felt sharp & modern. Add to that the smudge-proof finish ensures that fingerprints do not show on the appliance after usage.
And what will be the best compact toaster in 2020? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!