To make this review of the best wirecutter toaster ovens as reliable as possible, I started with reviewing more than 70 toaster oven models online. I took this chance to go through their features, cooking functions, reliability, and lastly what previous and current customers of the appliances had to say about their performance. Then, after gathering all the info I required, I skipped to the next step, which included ordering the best 30 from the list and taking them through a more thorough testing session of my own. The most important things I tested during this step included consistency, safety features, ease of using & cleaning, speed, and sturdiness.
Only models that passed all the sections above with flying colors made it into this enumeration.
Without wasting any more of your precious time, let’s skip to the main section of the post and look at the best wirecutter toaster ovens one can buy today.
The Top 6 Best Wirecutter Toaster Ovens in 2021
|Toaster Oven Name||Weight||Timer||Dimensions||Slice||Price|
|Digital Convection Toaster Oven||20.3 lbs||Yes||17 x 21.73 x 15.75 in||6|
|Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer Oven||22.1 lbs||Yes||22.76 x 17.24 x 13.31 in||6|
|CalmDo Air Fryer Toaster Oven||24.2 lbs||Yes||17.72 x 15.75 x 14.76 in||6|
|Toaster Convection Oven||22.7 lbs||Yes||16 x 13 x 16 in||4|
|Aobosi Air Fryer Oven||21.1 lbs||Yes||18.8 x 17.3 x 16.8 in||4|
|Air Fryer Oven||29 lbs||Yes||21.25 x 18.25 x 18 in||2|
- Like most of you, counter space in my kitchen is very limited. So, if it is a household appliance that I use every single day (like my pour-over glass coffee maker and electric kettle), then I’ll make room for it. If it isn’t, then I can rest assured it will get stashed away until some spring-cleaning project or holiday.
- While reviewing this Cuisinart’s TOA-65 Air Fryer Toaster Oven at first, I was skeptical, to say the least. Even though it retails form one of the most reputable toaster oven brands out there, its roughly 22 x 17 x 16 inches size seemed extremely large to merit space on my kitchen counter, and taking it out of a cabinet every time I wanted to air fry my onion rings or toast a bagel seemed like a lot work.
- However, after going against my initial judgment and testing each of the seven features the appliance delivers, my judicial disposition completely faded. Every single cooking setting nailed it, from French fries to toast. Better yet, I continuously found myself using the unit for weird jobs like broiling cheese sandwiches for my children and roasting small chickens whenever my traditional oven was at maximum. Btw, if you’re interested in learning the difference between the two appliances, here is a detailed toaster oven vs regular oven guide.
- Anyway, the appliance also perfectly embodies versatility and smart convenience in a multicooker. Its intuitive interface is extremely easy to use, all of the features on the appliance work as advertised, and the preprogrammed settings make sense. This further eliminates the need for individual specialty kitchen appliances like regular toasters and sandwich makers.
- The other thing I tested extensively on this appliance is its air frying setting. The flat air frying basket was spacious (it will easily fry your standard bag of frozen fries in one go) and there is minimal overlapping like one would expect in some of the old barrel-shaped air fryers.
- There were also more preprogrammed settings on the appliance. These included vegetables, snacks, nuggets, wings, and fries. As the term preprogrammed insinuates, after selecting one of the settings, the appliance will automatically adjust the timer and temperature to a level that will ensure perfect results.
- Has a spacious interior
- Boasts a display that will show you the setting you’re currently on
- The exterior surface remains cool to the touch during operations
- Easy to use and clean
- The power cord was sufficiently long
- Very versatile
- Its air fry setting delivers healthy meals
- The feet are anti-skid even on wet surfaces
- If you’re all about looks and are looking for the best unique wirecutter toaster oven, then allow me to introduce you the Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer Oven. In fact, I’ll be honest with you. The first time I came across this masterpiece was on a friend’s kitchen counter. It looked so good that I promised to test it while creating the next review.
- As you can see, I did, and the fact that it made it into this enumeration implies that it passed all the other tests with flying colors as well. For starters, this tool retails with 12 preset cooking functions that allow you to choose what you’d like to cook and how. These settings include air-fry, toast, bagel, pizza, bake, broil, rotisserie, slow cook, roast, dehydrate, reheat, and warm. I don’t know you, but these are more than sufficient to accommodate my family’s needs.
- In addition to that, it has been fitted with the convection technology. This implies that the tool retails with an inbuilt fan that will blow hot air around inside the appliance for fast, even cooking. That said, you need to know how to use the settings as it won’t deliver great results at all times. Here is a detailed guide on how to bake using a toaster oven. The guide will touch on when and when not to turn on the convection setting.
- As you can see from the product’s image above, the unit also boasts an LED display that will show the current setting the appliance is currently on while at the same time permitting you to adjust the temperature and timer.
- Compact to save on kitchen counter space
- Fitted with a convection setting
- Comes with 1500 watts of power
- Boasts 12 cooking functions
- Retails with an LCD digital display
- Will look aesthetic on any kitchen counter
- Straight out of the box, you’ll be amazed by this masterpiece from CalmDo. The appliance has been fitted with 21 preset cooking functions, making it one of the most versatile toaster ovens I’ve ever had the pleasure of testing. These settings include keep warm, sous vide, dehydrate, defrost, cookies, pizza, grill, reheat, proof, roast, bagel, bake, broil, toast, root vegetables, vegetables, bacon, steak, frozen food, chicken wings, and French fries. If that doesn’t motivate you to give the appliance a try, then I do not know what will.
- Inside the package you will receive from Amazon, you’ll also find cooking accessories, namely oven mitts, cooking recipes, removable crumb tray, air fryer basket, baking pan, dehydrate tray, and oven rack. The recipe book will come in handy for total beginners.
- Delivers 21 preset cooking settings
- Fitted with 1800 watts of power
- Accessories included in the package
- Easy to clean
- Sufficiently spacious for families
- Comes with a recipe book
- While coming up with this list, I was contemplating on skipping this Aobosi Toaster Oven for the simple fact that I wasn’t familiar with its manufacturing company, Aobosi. If you’ve checked my guide on how to pick the best toaster ovens, then you remember I mentioned that the best way to separate the best from the rest (especially if you’re a beginner) is to sort the appliances by brand.
- After testing it, however, I was glad that I ignored my sentiment and gave it a try because it’s one of the most consistent toaster ovens I’ve ever come across. I toasted more than 50 slices of bread using the appliance (back to back) and the last one to go in came out just as perfectly and evenly cooked as the first one to go in.
- The unit also retails with 10 preset functions. These include dehydrate, air roast, warm, air broil, bake, rotisseries, toast, pizza, French fry and air fry. These are there to ensure you do not have to set the temperature and time individually.
- Has an LCD display
- Will look aesthetic on any kitchen interior décor
- The feet are antiskid even on wet surfaces
- Fitted with a 60-minute timer
- Easy to use and clean
- Comes with a convection technology
- The 5th wirecutter toaster oven in this enumeration is also from Aobosi. If this proves anything, it’s that the brand is doing something right and has a good idea of what its clients require. But what sets this model apart from its counterpart?
- Well, for starters, it delivers 1700 watts of power, has a 22-liter capacity, a cool to the touch exterior, and delivered perfectly toasted artisan bread slices in less than three minutes. That’s even faster than some of the most time-saving toaster ovens I’ve tested.
- What’s more? The appliance retails with a 2-year repair guarantee. So, if anything happens to the appliance, the manufacturing company will repair it for you, at no extra cost.
- Reduces fat by 98 percent in your meals
- The exterior surface remains cool to the touch during operations
- Fitted with the 360 degrees rapid heat circulation
- The feet are anti-skid
- The power cord is long
- The last, but by no means least wirecutter toaster oven in this enumeration is the OSTBA Air Fryer Oven. As you can already tell from the product’s image above, this product is one of the most futuristic toaster ovens in the market today.
- Better yet, it retails in three different colors, namely silver, blue, and black. This improves your chances of getting a color that perfectly complements your interior décor and also makes the appliance a great wedding gift because you can get it in the recipient’s favorite color.
- To top it off, if you’re looking for a unit that doubles up as one of the fastest toaster ovens, then this is also the tool you’re looking for. Its heating elements are made of the highest quality and delivered delicious bagels in less than three minutes.
- Has a futuristic design
- Even cooking and heating
- Cooks fast
- Easy to clean and use
- Safe to use around children
- Powerful and delivers consistent results
Thanks to the series of tests I took every single appliance through, whichever product you pick, you can rest assured it will not need any replacement anytime soon. Also, if you have a model that you’ve liked and think will be perfect for your needs, go ahead and place an order right away while stock lasts.
If I were to pick from the enumeration above, I’d pick the Cuisinart’s TOA-65 Air Fryer Toaster Oven as my favorite wirecutter toaster oven. I have been owning it for a couple of weeks now and it delivers delicious toasts, it is aesthetic, easy to clean, durable, and the results have been consistent so far.
And what will be the best wirecutter toaster oven in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!