I agree with you, nothing beats a perfectly baked tortilla, pizza or a good old Brie, ham, and Apple sandwich. That said, the only thing I have never understood is why people have had to leave the comfort of their homes just to go and get one of these when they can relax back in their homes and make some.
That’s what inspired me to create this detailed guide on the Best toaster ovens of this year.
With that in mind, whether your current toaster oven has kicked the bucket or you’re trying to find your first one that will meet all your needs and expectations, then you have come to the right place. This post will guide you through seven of the best models in the market, from modern and retro units to versatile appliances that can prepare multiple meals at the same time.
What’s more? Some of the other factors I looked at while coming up with the enumeration include:
- The manufacturing brands
- Ease of use
- Ease of cleaning
- Cooking speed
Only models that met all the requirements above made it into today’s enumeration, which further proves that I went above and beyond to ensure I only include models that can meet anyone’s needs and requirements. Without wasting any more of your time, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the 7 best toaster ovens in the market money can buy today.
The Top 7 Best Toaster Ovens in 2021
|Toaster Oven Name||Weight||Timer||Dimensions||Slice||Price|
|Toaster Oven 4 Slice||2.2 lbs||Yes||16.88 x 13.88 x 11.25 in||4|
|Panasonic FlashXpress||7.5 lbs||Yes||12 x 13 x 10.25 in||4|
|Breville the Smart Pro toaster oven||22.8 lbs||Yes||18.5 x 14.5 x 11 in||6|
|Countertop Dehydrator||19.6 lbs||Yes||22.7 x 19.6 x 16.6 in||4|
|Digital Toaster Oven||16.21 lbs||Yes||18.98 x 15.6 x 10.79 in||6|
|Hamilton Beach 2-in-1||10.9 lbs||Yes||12.05 x 17.8 x 10.24 in||4|
|KitchenAid KCO211BM||15.9 lbs||Yes||16 x 17 x 11.3 in||4|
- The first model in our detailed enumeration is arguably one of the most user-friendly and consistent toaster ovens I have ever had the pleasure of testing. That said, this wasn’t really surprising, bearing in mind that the appliance has been manufactured and designed by one of the leading toaster oven brands in the market (Mueller Austria)
- To test the appliance’s consistency, I decided to take it through a series of tests right away after its arrival from Amazon. I went out and acquired 20 loaves of bread and decided to toast every single slice using the appliance back-to-back and without letting it rest.
- Needless to say, the fact the appliance made it into this enumeration means that the last slice to go in came out just as perfectly toasted as the first one to go in. Better yet, I also noticed that Mueller Austria Toaster Oven delivers perfectly toasted slices in less than three minutes, which is as fast as some of the fastest toaster ovens I’ve ever come across. We can attribute the fast-cooking speed to the even toast technology fitted inside the appliance. The toaster oven’s interior has been naturally designed to push hot air around inside the oven space for fast and even cooking.
- The other thing I tested on the appliance was its safety features. I have two children in my household, which means that before investing in any kitchen appliance, I have to evaluate its safety features and make sure that it’s safe to use around them.
- With that in mind, this machine has been designed with a cool to the touch exterior. This means that regardless of how long the appliance stays in operation, its exterior surface won’t get hot, which in turn protects anyone who comes into contact with it from any burn injuries.
- Another feature worth noting is its dual rack positions (as you can see them from the image above.) Their importance? Well, when you’re preparing a meal that requires a high heat intensity to cook properly, you can place it on the upper rack and when preparing a meal that requires a low heat intensity, you’ll be able to place it on the lower rack. And that’s not all. I was even able to use both racks at the same time to cook different foods when preparing light meals like cookies.
- Delivers some of the tastiest toasties
- Fitted with an even toast technology
- Retails with a 30-min inbuilt timer
- Easy to use and clean
- Retails from a reputable brand and has an interior light
- The feet are anti-skid
- Has a non-stick interior
- This Panasonic FlashXpress NB-G110P Toaster Oven offers you the opportunity to bake and toast your meals to perfection using its double infrared heating efficiency quartz and ceramic infrared heating elements. These have been strategically positioned in the back and front to evenly reheat, brown, bake, and toast even the thickest meals to perfection. After placing your meal inside the appliance, use the temperature and time adjustment knobs at the bottom right of the appliance to set levels you think will deliver the best results. Once you’ve done that, you can go on to do something else totally different because once the timer runs out, it will automatically shut off to avoid overcooking.
- What’s more? In case you’re distracted when that happens, the appliance will also let out a beeping noise to grab your attention. If these cool features alone don’t make the appliance one of the best reliable toaster ovens, I don’t know what will.
- Let’s talk about the aesthetics of this bad boy. The appliance retails in three different colors, namely silver, white, and black. Not only does this give you the chance to pick the appliance in a color that best complements your kitchen interior, but it also makes it the perfect gift option if you have a loved one’s wedding or party coming up (you can get it in their favorite color.)
- When the unit arrived from Amazon, I also went out and placed it in different kitchen designs, at it complemented all of them seamlessly. The only downside I found of Panasonic FlashXpress NB-G110P Toaster Oven is that several people complained about the item’s weight, which is 3,400 grams. That said, I tend to go the other way on this issue. While I do agree that 3,400 grams are quite a lot for a toaster oven, I think it proves the manufacturing brand’s claim that this model is one of the most durable and sturdy units on the market. If you do not mind its weight, then you’re in luck.
- Durable and sturdy
- Fitted with a resilient see-through glass door
- Will look aesthetic on any kitchen counter
- Delivers evenly cooked meals
- Consistent with its results
- Retails with double infrared and ceramic infrared heating elements
- Easy to use and clean
- Accessories have been included in the package you’ll receive from Amazon
- If you’ve checked out my guide on how to pick the best toaster oven, then you remember that one of the first things I mentioned is that you should separate the options according to their manufacturing brands and pick from the most reputable ones. That’s because unlike lesser-known manufacturing companies, leading brands have a reputation to maintain, which means that they will go above and beyond to ensure that every product they release to the public will be worth every shilling – Breville is one of such brands.
- Founded in 1932 in Sydney, Breville is an Australian brand, best known for its home appliances, specifically toaster ovens, microwaves, kettles, toasters, coffee machines, and blenders. Over the centuries it has been in existence, the brand has become synonymous with versatility, and this Breville BOV845BSS Toaster Oven is no exception. Straight out of the box, the first thing you’ll notice about the appliance is that it retails with ten different preset cooking functions, including slow cook, warm, reheat, cookies, pizza, broil, roast, bake, bagel, and toast. The fact they are preset implies that when you select one of them, the appliance will automatically adjust the temperature and timer to the certain levels that will ensure perfect results.
- That said, Breville also understands that most people might not trust the appliance’s judgment, and that’s why they have also fit an interior oven light inside the toaster. This way, you can visually track the cooking progress of your meal. And if you notice through the glass that the food has been sufficiently cooked, but the timer hasn’t run out, you can feel free to switch off the appliance and retrieve your meal.
- Another feature worth noting is the convection setting. This implies that unlike most regular toaster ovens, this appliance retails with an inbuilt fan that will circulate hot air within the oven for fast and even cooking. It will speed the cooking process by stripping away any cold air surrounding your food.
- Retails from a reputable brand
- Comes with a user manual to guide total beginners
- Boasts a cool to the touch exterior
- Interior walls are coated with a non-stick material to make them easy to clean
- Convection powered
- Fitted with 10 different preset cooking functions
- Has an interior oven light to act as your eyes
- Very powerful and durable
- If you own a restaurant or have a big family and are looking for one of the best units that also qualifies as one of the best industrial toaster ovens, then allow me to introduce you to one of the most powerful units I tested while coming up with this guide. COSORI CO130-AO Toaster Oven has been fitted with 1800 watts of power, enough to handle anything your family or business throws in it. Add to that the 12-in-1 presets it retails with and you have one of the best high-end toaster ovens. These presets include toast, bagel, pizza, bake, roast, air-fry, broil, cookies, rotisserie, dehydrate, ferment, and warm.
- Another feature that sets this machine apart from all the other models in this guide is the fact it retails with an air fryer cooking setting, which allows you to enjoy fried meals with up to 85 percent less fat than if you had cooked with a traditional toaster oven. If you do not know how this works, allow me to explain. As the name of the setting suggests, the air frying setting will use air and little to no oil to fry your meals. Note though, the air fry setting in this appliance may take a little bit more time to cook compared to if you were using a standalone air fryer.
- Inside the package you will receive from Amazon, you’ll find several accessories, including a rotisserie handle, rotisserie fork set, a wire rack, food tray, fry basket, a recipe book, and a crumb tray. Most of these are there to improve your flexibility in the kitchen.
- And then there is the removable crumb tray. It will make your cleaning sessions easier. It’ll collect all the dirt and debris that fall off of your cooked meals, and to clean it, all you’ll need to do is take it out, wipe it off using a damp cloth, and put it back into the appliance.
- For thorough cleaning sessions, check out this guide I created recently on how to clean the interior of your toaster oven.
- Fitted with 1800 watts of power
- Constructed with durable material
- Retails from a reputable brand
- A recipe book and accessories included in the package
- Has a large interior capacity
- Can air fry your meals with less fat
- Cooks fast
- If you think the 1800 watts of power delivered by Cosori are too much for your needs, allow me to introduce you to a different model that gives you the freedom to pick. This Toshiba AC25CEW-BS Toaster Oven retails in two different models; one fitted with 1500 watts of power and another fitted with 1700.
- The other thing that attracted me to this bad boy is its retro design. It will look like something straight out of the past on your kitchen counter. That said, don’t let that fool you into thinking that the unit cannot compete with modern toaster ovens.
- For starters, it has been fitted with a convection fan, which as we mentioned earlier, will circulate hot air around inside the appliance and ensure a faster and even baking experience. Secondly, the unit has been fitted with 10 different cooking settings, including toast, bake, broil, pizza, cookies, defrost, reheat, rotisserie, keep warm, and convection.
- Even more exciting that the unit has been backed by a one-year warranty. This means that if something happens within the first year of acquiring the appliance, Toshiba will replace it at no extra cost to you. If that doesn’t prove that they have faith in the product they are selling you, I don’t know what will.
- Use the bright digital display on the top right corner of the appliance to pick your desired cooking setting, adjust the temperature (from 150 – 450 degrees Fahrenheit), and set the timer (has been fitted with a 2-hour timer.)
- To top it off, just like most models in this enumeration, this one also retails with six accessories to improve your flexibility in the kitchen. These accessories are a rack clamp, baking pan, baking rack, rotisserie lifter & kit, and a removable crumb tray.
- Retails in two different models
- Fitted with 10 different cooking settings
- Comes with a 2-hour timer
- Very sturdy and durable
- Lightweight and portable
- The power cord is sufficiently long
- Has a bright digital display for ease of use
- If being fuss-free is your approach when it comes to life, then this 2-in-1 toaster oven from Hamilton Beach, another leading brand in the realm of kitchen appliances, could be what you are looking for. With this appliance, you can rest assured that no one in your family will ever have to leave the house in a hurry or get to work and school late because breakfast took too long to prepare.
- The appliance boasts a big oven space but has also been fitted with a toasting slot on the top side for improved flexibility. To adjust between the two cooking modes, simply slide the lever positioned on the top, front right side of the appliance.
- During my testing sessions, the slot perfectly toasted my artisan bread slices in less than 2 minutes, which is as fast as some of the fastest 2-slice toasters I’ve ever come across. The same applies to the oven. I noticed that Hamilton Beach claims that the appliance can cook 40 percent faster than regular toaster ovens, and after putting it to the test myself, I can confirm that it is true.
- Let’s touch on the spacious interior. With two rack positions and a wide interior that can easily fit a 9-inch pizza, this toaster oven is perfect for cooking casseroles, baking potatoes, muffins or cakes, and much more. Just adjust the temperature and timer to the levels you think will deliver the best results depending on the meal you’re cooking.
- This brings me to the next feature of the Hamilton Beach 31156 Toaster Oven that worth noting. Just like the other products, it has been fitted with an auto shut off feature to switch the oven off when baking time is over, and with a ready signal bell to grab your attention if you’re distracted. However, the appliance has an additional feature. In case you do not hear the ready signal bell, the unit has been perfectly insulated to ensure hot air does not escape through the appliance walls. This implies that even after switching off, the hot air inside the appliance will be more than sufficient to keep your meal warm until you retrieve it.
- Compact to save on kitchen counter space
- Accessories included in the package from Amazon
- Has a separate shade selector for the slot above
- Cooks fast
- Boasts a spacious interior
- The feet are anti-skid even on wet surfaces
- The slot is wide to fit even artisan bread slices
- Just the same way a lot of people think that the term hoover is synonymous with vacuum cleaners, to most cooking enthusiasts (like me), the brand KitchenAid is synonymous with aesthetic toaster ovens. Even though there are lot of other kitchen appliance brands that get similar attention, KitchenAid designers and manufacturers go above and beyond to create some of the most exceptional toaster oven models, and this KitchenAid KCO211BM Toaster Oven is one of them. You can rest assured that the unit will look aesthetic on any kitchen counter, regardless of its interior décor.
- What’s more? It has been fitted with 9 preset cooking functions, including keep warm, reheat, broil, bake, toast, bagel, pizza, roast, and cookies. The one that caught my attention the most was the bagel setting. It will allow you to toast only the cut side of your bagels and ensure that they come out crunchy and crispy on the outside, but warm and soft on the inside.
- The appliance also retails with a cool to the touch exterior, which was honestly one of the features that convinced me that the unit belongs to this guide. For those who don’t know what this feature means, a cool-to-the-touch exterior simply implies that regardless of how long the appliance stays in operation, its exterior surface won’t get hot in the slightest. This protects anyone in your household who comes into contact with the unit from any serious burn injuries.
- Retails from a reputable brand
- Easy to clean due to its non-stick interior
- Fitted with 9 preset cooking functions
- Has a large interior capacity
- Compact to save on kitchen counter space
- Exterior surface remains cool to the touch
After extensive research periods and decades of experience in the cooking appliances industry, I pick the Panasonic FlashXpress NB-G110P as my favorite toaster oven from the list above. The main factor that led me to this conclusion is how the toaster oven has been able to combine some of the most essential features in one product.
These features include high-quality heating elements, a spacious interior, a non-stick interior for easy cleaning, durability, and sturdiness. You can rest assured that you won’t go wrong with this stroke of genius.
And what will be the best toaster oven in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!