If you’re using a regular toaster and have counter space to spare, then I think you may want to contemplate trading up the appliance for the best tall toaster oven. They are more versatile and retail with several cooking functions.
In addition to toasting your favorite bagel and artisan bread slices, they can also bake sheet pan dinners, crisp up frozen pizzas, reheat leftovers, fry chicken wings, bake casseroles, and lightly fry vegetables (if you’re new to toaster ovens, click here to learn how to bake using these appliances.)
Over the years, I have also realized that the best ones can turn out a broiled salmon or roasted chicken that’s just as tasty as one would expect if it were prepared using a conventional oven. And if you couple that with the convection setting that allows toaster ovens to cook foods faster and more evenly, you’ll see why a toaster oven may just turn out to be your next favorite kitchen appliance.
That said, the selection process is not short of stressful and time-consuming moments. So, I decided to set out into the marketplace before you and created a shortlist of the top 5 tall toaster ovens that can meet anyone’s cooking needs and requirements.
All you need to do now is read through the guide and pick the one that meets your aesthetics and personal preferences.
The Top 5 Best Tall Toaster Ovens in 2020
|Toaster Oven Name||Weight||Timer||Dimensions||Slice||Price|
|Courant Toaster Oven||9.53 lbs||Yes||14.75 x 12.5 x 11.25 in||4|
|Convection Toaster Oven||21 lbs||Yes||15.5 x 16 x 14 in||4|
|Breville BOV900BSS Smart Toaster Oven||45.3 lbs||Yes||26 x 19.37 x 17.48 in||8|
|Large Toaster Oven||23.4 lbs||Yes||22.04 x 16.14 x 14.37 in||12|
|Air Fryer Toaster Oven||22.6 lbs||Yes||17.8 x 16.8 x 16.2 in||12|
- In the realm of space-saving toaster ovens, this Courant Toaster Oven delivers a sturdy design, versatility, reliability, and a cool to the touch exterior surface that doesn’t heat up while cooking.
- When you put in your meal, use the inbuilt 30-minute timer to set the time you think your meals will take to cook. When the toaster runs out, the appliance will shut off automatically and let out a signal bell to notify you that it’s time to eat.
- Also, do not forget to choose between the three cooking functions (bake, toast, and broil) and specify the temperature (250 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.) Add to that the fact that the package also includes a toasting rack, a crumb tray, and baking pan – all of which allow you to accommodate a wide variety of foods.
- Built to last long
- Additional parts included in the package
- Has a 30-minute timer
- Very versatile
- Compact to save on kitchen space
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to use
- Straight out of the box, you’ll be enticed by Cuisinart TOA-60’s futuristic yet simple design that allows it to blend in seamlessly with any kitchen interior décor. And if you do not like the silver model, you can pick from two other colors, including black stainless steel and copper.
- Its interior space is astounding as well. When the product arrived from Amazon, I used it several times to experience with different meals. I baked a 12-inch pizza, roasted a 4-pound chicken, air fried 3lbs of chicken wings, and toasted 6 artisan bread slices. All of them came out evenly cooked.
- Comes with an air fryer basket, oven rack, and a baking pan
- Has a 60-minute timer
- Auto shut off function included
- Delivers evenly cooked meals
- This aesthetically designed Breville BOV900BSS Convection and Air Fry Smart Oven is one of the best energy efficient toaster ovens, only limited by its size. Its toasting results are consistently and incredibly even, and the only downside of this department is that your slices will come out with stripes left by the wire rack. But if you’re familiar with toaster ovens, then you know that most of them leave such marks or you can use a thick baking pan.
- That said, whether you’re broiling chicken breasts, baking refrigerated flaky biscuits, or defrosting pizza, you can rest assured that this toaster oven will deliver better results than a traditional oven. In fact, out of all toaster ovens I tested, it was the only one that roasted chicken breasts so perfectly that one would think they’ve been grilled outdoors. Ask any cooking enthusiast and they will tell you that that’s a result very few ovens can deliver.
- The LCD screen will allow you to pick from 13 different cooking settings namely slow cook, warm, reheat, cookies, pizza, broil, roast, bake, bagel, proof, air-fry, dehydrate, and toast. Simply turn the dials to select the cooking function, time, and the precise temperature, then start the procedure.
- Speaking of the time, when you open the oven’s door, the toaster oven automatically stops the timer. And when the timer runs out, the oven immediately shuts off to ensure your food won’t be overcooked. Having said that, if you’ve checked the baking guide I recommended earlier, then you know that I discourage my readers to open their toaster oven’s glass doors while the appliance is cooking. Doing it allows the hot air inside the appliance to escape, which in turn makes the appliance take longer to deliver evenly cooked meals.
- Want more features? The appliance delivers 1800 watts and comes with a 2-year limited product warranty. The warranty proves that Breville (the manufacturing company) has faith in the product they’re selling you and the power it delivers allows it to handle any meal you throw in it.
- Very versatile
- Has a spacious interior
- Has been fitted with Element IQ heating elements for perfect results
- Boasts a super convection technology
- Sturdy and durable
- Delivers delicious meals
- Luby is a restaurant appliances brand that has been serving delicious meals since 1947. If all these decades in the food industry proves anything, it’s that the company has a great idea of what a kitchen appliance needs to deliver the best results.
- Straight out of the box, I tested the Luby Extra Large Toaster Oven’s timer and temperature range. Every meal that went into the appliance came out perfectly cooked. The signal bell and auto shut off feature allowed me to rest assured that my food wouldn’t overcook when the timer runs out.
- Its interior is spacious as well and can roast a 20 lbs. turkey, a family cake, bake a 14-inch pizza, or even fit a 24-cup muffin tray comfortably.
- Has a large capacity
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- From a reputable brand
- Has been fitted with a signal bell and auto shut off features
- This review would be incomplete without this 11-in-1 Air Fryer Toaster Oven from Iconites. This appliance has been fitted with 6 heating elements and a convection fan to help you cook your food quickly and evenly. Add to that the 11 cooking functions it retails with, including pizza, ferment, slow cook, dehydrate, bagel, toast, warm, bake, broil, air fry, and convection bake. If you’re a cooking fan, you can rest assured all these will come in handy at some point.
- This appliance boasts a 20-liter interior capacity with four rack positions. It’s sufficiently large to handle a 9-inch pizza and other family meals or large dishes for parties.
- Powerful and fast
- Has an LED display
- Large capacity
- Comes with 11 cooking functions
- Boasts a powerful convection fan
- Its heating elements are of the highest quality
If you’re a dedicated fan of conventional regular ovens, I am not asking you to replace it with one of these tall toaster ovens. But we can both agree that toaster ovens deliver way more versatility than regular ovens. For a detailed differences list between the two, check out this guide on toaster ovens vs regular ovens.
And if you’ve decided to give one of the best tall toaster ovens a try, I recommend the Breville BOV900BSS Convection and Air Fry Smart Oven. It’s easy to use, versatile, aesthetic, easy to clean, reliable and durable. It won’t disappoint in the toasting department either.
And what will be the best tall toaster oven in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!