Even though the best four-slice toaster may seem like the current kitchen stale, a simple toaster oven will significantly increase your cooking options. Its abilities go way beyond making toasties, as it can warm leftovers, broil burgers, bake cookies, roast vegetables, and more.
Some of the newest toaster oven models even retail with features like slow cooking, convection fans, and air frying. What’s more? The best simple toaster oven heats up fast, thanks to its compact interior capacity, that will come in handy when you’re cooking for a small group of people or when your traditional full-sized oven has maxed out.
With those toaster oven advantages in mind, here is a roundup of the best models in the marketplace today. I spent days reviewing and testing all models, so you can rest assured that whichever you pick will meet your cooking needs and requirements.
The Top 5 Best Simple Toaster Ovens in 2020
|Toaster Oven Name||Weight||Timer||Dimensions||Slice||Price|
|Convection Toaster Oven||21 lbs||Yes||15.5 x 16 x 14 in||4|
|4-Slice Toaster Oven||8.43 lbs||Yes||11.63 x 16.86 x 9.07 in||4|
|Easy Reach Countertop Toaster Oven||8.22||Yes||11.93 x 16.12 x 8.97 in||4|
|Dash Compact Toaster Oven||8.4||Yes||11.8 x 10.7 x 8.7 in||4|
|15 Minute Timer Toaster Oven||4.79 lbs||Yes||13 x 8 x 6.75 in||2|
- If you’re scouring the internet looking for the best multifunctional toaster oven that’ll help you eat healthier, consider getting this Cuisinart TOA-60. This masterpiece (a combination of a toaster oven and an air fryer) can prepare anything you throw in it, from a whole chicken to a pan of French fries. To help it handle these meals, it uses convection fans and high-quality heating elements to air fry all your meals and eliminate the need of oils that are high in cholesterol and fats. In addition, these same features make it faster than a regular oven when it comes to toasting, warming, broiling, or baking.
- If you want to learn more, here is a guide on how to bake using a toaster oven.
- The appliance also retails with seven different cooking settings, namely toast, warm, broil, bake, convection broil, convection bake, and air frying. Couple that with the 1800 watts it delivers, and you have one the best powerful toaster ovens in the world.
- Its exterior surface is made of stainless steel and measures 14 inches high, 15.5 inches long, and 16 inches wide. The interior is also quite large compared to other air fryers (0.6 cubic feet.) This makes it one of the largest air fryers available in the market. And even though it means the appliance will take up considerable counter space, you could also replace your microwave or toaster with it and end up actually saving some space.
- It contains two rack positions and a removable baking tray. The rack positions will allow the toaster oven to accommodate different meals whereas the removable tray will catch stray crumbs and dirt that falls off of your cooked meals. It also retails with an oven rack, and a frying basket you can fit inside. If you lose or damage one of them, they’re also available for purchase on the internet.
- Straight out of the box, you will notice that it also retails with four dials on its face – a temperature control knob, a cooking function selector, a timer, and a shade selector for when you’re toasting bread slices. The shade selector has been divided into three levels (dark, medium, and light) to accommodate everyone’s taste in your family.
- If you’ve never used a toaster oven before, then I recommend you start with the medium level. This way, if you think your slices have not been sufficiently toaster, you can simply put them back in the appliance and toast them a second time. However, if you use the dark level and your slices come out too toasted, there won’t be anything you can do.
- Retails in three different color options
- Very powerful
- Lightweight given its size
- Comes with a baking pan, oven rack, and an air fryer
- Interior is sufficiently spacious
- Easy to use
- The exterior surface remains cool to the touch during operations
- If you’re short on space and looking for the best simple toaster oven that can also double as the best space-saving toaster oven, then this BLACK+DECKER TO1760SS Toaster Oven was designed with your needs in mind.
- It also boasts a natural convection technology, which ensures hot air inside the oven keeps circulating so your meals can come out evenly cooked. And when the 30-minute timer runs out, the toaster oven will automatically shut down to prevent your food getting overcooked.
- The package comes with a baking pan and rack
- Easy to clean
- Will look aesthetic on any kitchen counter
- Compact to save on space
- Has been fitted with a 30-minute timer
- Natural convection technology
- Straight out of the box, Hamilton Beach 31337D Toaster Oven’s unique selling proposition is obvious. Its roll-top glass door moves up and out of the way to let you easily access your meals during, after, and before cooking.
- Cleaning it won’t be a hassle either. The door is crafted to stay away from messy drips and spills and the appliance itself comes with a removable crumb tray to catch the falling crumbs. For a detailed guide on how to clean the inside of a toaster oven, check out this guide.
- To top it off, the appliance’s knobs have been contoured to make them easy-to-use and safe.
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Cool to the touch exterior surface
- Delivers evenly cooked meals
- Dash Compact Toaster Oven retails in three different colors – red, aqua and graphite. Couple that with the appliance’s sleek design and compact nature and you have the perfect gift for a loved one’s special event, such as a birthday or wedding.
- It is also backed by a one-year manufacturer warranty. If that proves anything, it’s that Dash has faith in the product they’re selling you and doesn’t expect it to run into issues anytime soon. That said, due to its compact nature, this oven isn’t great for big families or people who tend to cook for bigger social gatherings.
- Package includes a recipe book, baking tray, oven rack, crumb tray, and access to the company’s recipe database
- Perfect gift for a loved one
- Retails in three different colors
- Compact to save on counter space
- Easy to clean
- The three basic cooking settings (bake, broil, and toast) coupled with a 15-minute timer make Maxi-Matic ETO-224 one of the best easy to use toaster ovens.
- During my test sessions, this appliance baked a mouthwatering cake, browned toasties quickly, and roasted chicken and tender potatoes perfectly. And when the meal is ready, the appliance automatically shuts off and lets out a ready signal bell to notify you.
- The package you’ll receive from Amazon will come with additional parts like a wire rack and a baking pan.
- Powerful for its size
- Retails in two different models
- Sturdy and durable
- The power cord is long
- Compact to save on space
If you’re looking for a versatile toaster oven that can replace your regular toaster and microwave, then consider getting Cuisinart TOA-60 Toaster Oven. It is powerful, versatile, efficient, durable, reliable, and most importantly, delivers healthier results.
That said, if you already had your eyes on a different toaster oven, don’t let my recommendation change your mind. It’s just that Cuisinart TOA-60 appealed more to my personal preferences. But the other models are just as great as it is.
And what will be the best simple toaster oven in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!