When was the last time you cleaned your toaster oven? Did you like the experience? I bet not. And that’s what inspired me to create this detailed review on the best roll top toaster ovens.
As you will see in the list, a roll-top toaster oven means that the unit’s door opens up and out of the way. This way, you won’t be able to cause any messy spills on the oven door like you would usually do if you were using a toaster oven that open’s normally (downward.)
Also, all the models in our review boast non-sticky interiors and come with removable crumb trays. The crumb tray, for those who are not familiar with what it does, it is a part of the tool in regular toasters and ovens that role is to collect dirt and debris that fall off of your cooked meals.
What’s more? You will also notice that all products on this list are from Hamilton Beach, which is one of the most reputable kitchen appliances brands in the market today. Founded in 1910, Hamilton Beach has become best known for its ability to combine futuristic features and aesthetic designs in all their kitchen appliances, and today’s models are no exceptions.
Without wasting any more of your time, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the best roll top toaster ovens.
The Top 3 Roll Top Toaster Ovens in 2020
- If you’re also looking for the best roll top toaster oven that can double up as the best compact toaster oven, then let me introduce you the Hamilton Beach 31123D. I could perfectly fit it on a narrow space on my kitchen counter when not in use.
- But do not let its compact design fool you into thinking it cannot handle your family’s needs. The interior can fit a 12 inches pizza, 9 x 11 inches bake pan with handles, or 6 artisan bread slices. And if 6 slices won’t satisfy everyone in your home, then still, worry note because the appliance can deliver perfectly and evenly toasted slices in less than 3 minutes, which implies that you can toast up to 20 artisan bread slices in less than 10 minutes. It has also been fitted with a temperature adjustment knob and a 30-minute timer to improve your flexibility in the kitchen. And when the timer runs out, the appliance will automatically switch off, so your food doesn’t get cooked any further.
- That said, if you’re going to activate the convection setting, then you need to adjust for it in terms of time. As you know, the convection fan will blow hot air around inside the toaster oven so it can cook faster and more evenly. If you do not lower the time as required, your meal will get overcooked. Here is a beginner’s guide on how to bake using a toaster oven. It will get you off on the right start.
- The product also boasts a perfectly insulated exterior surface, which is advantageous in two different ways. First, the insulation implies that the hot air will get trapped inside the oven and won’t be able to escape through the surface – which means faster cooking. Second, that also means that the surfaces won’t get extremely hot during operations, which protects anyone that comes into contact with the appliance during operations. This is actually a must-have feature if you have kids in your household.
- Another feature of the Hamilton Beach 31123D worth noting is its power and consistency. When the unit arrived from Amazon, I instantly used to cook a wide array of meals for four hours straight to ensure it can handle anything you throw in it.
- Another feature of the Hamilton Beach 31123D worth noting is its power and consistency. When the unit arrived from Amazon, I instantly used to cook a wide array of meals for four hours straight to ensure it can handle anything you throw in it. Needless to say, the results were consistent and that’s what sealed the appliance’s position in this enumeration.
- Has been fitted with easy to contour knobs
- Very spacious interior
- Easy to clean and use even for beginners
- You can easily access food due to how the door opens
- Boasts 2 rack positions for improved flexibility in the kitchen
- Comes with a convection setting for fast cooking times
- Exterior surface is perfectly insulated
- The first thing that attracted me to this Hamilton Beach 31337D is its analog display with two knobs that allow you to adjust the cooking settings. The top dial allows you to adjust the temperature (which can reach a maximum of 450 °F) whereas the bottom dial allows you to set the timer. It’s a 30-minute timer.
- In between the two knobs you will find the power light that keeps you posted on whether the appliance is on or off. This appliance also boasts three different functions for toasting, broiling, and baking. The toast setting can deliver perfectly and evenly toasted slices in less than three minutes.
- But if you solely be using the appliance to toast bread, then I think you’ll be better off with one of these best modern regular toaster.
- Hamilton Beach 31337D also boasts an auto shut off feature. That means when the timer runs out, the appliance will automatically shut off to ensure your food doesn’t get overcooked.
- The knobs are easy to manage
- Can fit a 9” pizza or 4 artisan bread slices
- Compact to save on kitchen real estate
- Easy to use and clean
- The feet are anti-skid
- Exterior surface is cool to the touch
- Easy to clean
- Last, but by no means the least, we have a unique edition of roll top toaster ovens that can still accommodate 6 artisan bread slices or a 12” pizza. The unit also offers 2 rack positions, which improves your cooking flexibility.
- As you can see from the image above, Hamilton Beach 31128 also comes with an LED display that will allow you to know the settings the appliance is currently on. You’ll also use the same digital control display to pick from the five cooking settings namely bake, pizza, toast, broil, and convection bake.
- Easy to clean as food can’t spill on the door
- Very versatile
- Will look aesthetic on any kitchen counter
- Sufficiently spacious interior
- Allows easy access to food
- Offers 2 rack positions
- Easy to use even for beginners
I hope you’ve found the perfect roll top toaster oven that will serve your household over the next couple of years. As I always emphasize, if you’ve found a unit that you think meets your personal preferences, go ahead and place an order while stock lasts.
And if you haven’t, then allow me to make a suggestion. If I were to pick from the list above, I would pick the Hamilton Beach 31123D as my favorite roll top toaster oven. It is fast, energy-saving, compact, reliable, and aesthetic. In fact, I also gifted the appliance to my friend for her wedding a couple of years ago and to this day, it has never run into any issues.
And what will be the roll top toaster oven in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!