There are mainly two types of cooking enthusiasts. Those who believe in the best modern toaster ovens, and those who do not.
The best pop up toaster is perfect for making a toast quickly. But in my opinion (having spent more than 20 years testing and reviewing all things in the kitchen), I think that the versatility offered by a toaster oven is underrated and hard to beat.
Besides warming up fish sticks and frozen nuggets or making pizza bagels and tuna melts, you can also use the best modern toaster oven to make roasted chicken and veggies, broil teriyaki salmon, or bake an apple crumb cake.
But first, you will need the best modern toaster oven. And that is what we are here to discuss today.
The Top 5 Best Modern Toaster Ovens in 2020
|Toaster Oven Name||Weight||Timer||Dimensions||Slice||Price|
|Oster Toaster Oven||20.3 lbs||Yes||16.3 x 19.7 x 11.3 in||4|
|Compact Smart Oven||14.52 lbs||Yes||15 x 17 x 10 in||4|
|Countertop Convection Oven||40 lbs||Yes||19 x 19.6 x 12.7 in||6|
|Vestaware Convection Toaster Oven||12.5 lbs||Yes||20 x 10 x 10 in||4|
|Digital Toaster Oven||16.21 lbs||Yes||18.98 x 15.6 x 10.79 in||4|
- If you have sufficient room for it, this aesthetic toaster oven may just be the perfect appliance that can change your life. In addition to being one of the best spacious toaster ovens you can find, it can perfectly roast a chicken in less than 45 minutes, broil fish like a high-quality regular oven, and bake two cake layers at the same time.
- It also has seven cooking settings and digital controls you can use to select the functions for a wide array of foods. And when the timer runs out, the appliance will automatically switch off, so your food doesn’t get overcooked.
- In addition to that, Oster Toaster Oven fits a 9 x 13-inch pan that you can use to make a lasagna or a huge batch of cookies. If you want, you can also set the appliance to prepare mac and cheese casseroles at moderate temperatures and then amp up the temperature at the end to brown the crumb topping.
- Here you can find a detailed guide on how to bake using a toaster oven.
- The package you will receive from Amazon will also come with a durable baking pan and a removable crumb tray to ensure easy cleanup. For those who are not accustomed to the removable crumb tray, it is the tool responsible for collecting all the dirt and debris that fall off your cooked meals.
- Comes with additional accessories
- Boasts digital controls
- Has been fitted with convection technology to ensure faster cooking
- The exterior surface remains cool to the touch during operations
- The power cord is sufficiently long
- Delivers perfectly and evenly cooked meals
- Think of this masterpiece as the Tiffany Box in the realm of toaster ovens: luxurious and in an aesthetic, small package. This is the one I currently have in my apartment in New Orleans and I use it when I cook everything from baked ziti to roasted asparagus. In fact, I cannot remember the last time I broiled anything using my full-size broiler. So, take it from me when I tell you that this masterpiece is well-deserving your hard-earned dollars.
- The masterpiece boasts 8 cooking functions (namely reheat, cookies, pizza, broil, roast, bake, bagel, and toast) and also retails with an easy read LCD display to monitor the cooking progress. This comes in handy when I have to leave my house in a hurry early in the morning.
- Breville the Compact Smart Oven has also been fitted with the smart element IQ technology, which transfers heat intelligently across the appliance’s four quartz heating elements for stable and accurate heat distribution. You can rest assured your meals will always come out evenly toasted and cooked.
- The interior capacity can serve a big family
- Boasts a non-stick cavity coating to make it easy to clean
- Has eight different cooking functions for versatility
- Compact (given its capacity)
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to use and clean
- June Life Oven boasts carbon fiber heating elements that allow it to cook 35 percent faster than a regular toaster oven. So if you tend to leave your house in a hurry every morning and are looking for the best modern toaster oven that can also double up as the fastest modern toaster oven, then this masterpiece could be what you are looking for.
- It retails with 200+ smart chef developed cook program, arguably making it the most versatile toaster oven in the marketplace right now. Better yet, it can automatically recognize more than a hundred foods in less than 200 ms, thanks to its built-in HD camera.
- If you love cool gadgets you can show off to your friends and guests, it doesn’t get any better than this.
- Boasts an inbuilt glass
- Has a sturdy build
- Made of durable materials
- Boasts over 500 guided video recipes on its June app and works with Alexa
- Sufficiently spacious to serve a small family
- Can automatically recognize more than 100 foods
- Cooks 35 percent faster than the other modern toaster ovens
- Will compliment any kitchen interior décor
- This enumeration would be incomplete without this Vestaware Convection Toaster Oven, which also qualifies as one of the best powerful toaster ovens. The unit is fitted with four heating elements both at the top and the bottom – providing 1500 watts of heating power.
- It also boasts 10 cooking functions including convection, keep warm, rotisserie, reheat, defrost, cookies, pizza, broil, bake, and toast. Top it off, it has a 25-liter interior capacity with 3 different rack positions.
- The interior can easily fit lots of foods from 3.5lb chicken, 8 muffins, 6 artisan bread slices, 12 chicken wings, to a 10-inch pizza, and much more.
- Retails with a one-year replacement warranty
- Their friendly customer service is available 24/7
- Has an easy to read LCD display
- Can handle a big family
- Comes with 10 cooking functions
- Has a 25-liter interior capacity
- The last, but by no means the least modern toaster oven is from Toshiba, the Japanese brand founded in 1875. Given it has been in operation for more than a century, you can rest assured it knows what its clients want – and this model is a true testament to that.
- Toshiba AC25CEW even retails with six additional accessories (including a rack clamp, baking pan, baking rack, rotisserie kit & lifter, and a removable crumb tray) and a one-year manufacturer’s warranty. The warrant is another proof that the company has faith in the product they are selling you.
- It also boasts 10 distinct cooking settings with adjustable temperatures from 150 °F to 450 °F.
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Has been fitted with a convention fan
- Interior is sufficiently spacious
- Boasts 10 cooking settings
- Retails with easy to turn control knobs
- The exterior surface remains cool to the touch during operations
At this point, I feel like I have tested every high-end toaster oven in the marketplace and these certainly qualify as my all-time favorites. And to make the content even more reliable, I involved fellow kitchen editors who’re using the products above, and they all confirmed that they will meet anyone’s toasting needs and requirements.
That said, for those who are still having a hard time making a final decision, I’m still here to help you out. If you’re new to toaster ovens, I recommend you start with the Breville the Compact Smart Oven. It’s modern and at the same time user friendly enough to help beginners. It also has a large capacity, an LCD display, and multiple cooking functions.
And what will be the best modern toaster oven in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!