Which is the best Japanese toaster oven? How should you pick one and what makes them better than toaster ovens made in other nations? If all these are questions running through your mind right now, worry not! I’ve taken care of all of it on your behalf.
In this guide, you’ll find the five best toaster oven models from Japan that I tested myself to make sure they can meet anyone’s kitchen needs and requirements. So, feel free to pick the one you think will also match your personal needs.
Without further delay, let us skip to the main section of the post.
The Top 5 Best Japanese Toaster Ovens in 2021
|Toaster Oven Name||Weight||Timer||Dimensions||Slice||Price|
|Tiger oven toaster||9.24 lbs||Yes||15.35 x 14.8 x 11.65 in||4|
|BALMUDA Steam toaster oven||9.46 lbs||Yes||12.64 x 14.06 x 8.23 in||4|
|BRUNO Toaster Grill||11.68 lbs||Yes||17.32 x 11.81 x 11.81 in||2|
|Vertical type TOASTER OVEN||8.91 lbs||Yes||15.16 x 11.61 x 10.83 in||4|
|IRIS OHYAMA Toaster Oven||6.6 lbs||Yes||14.96 x 14.17 x 8.27 in||4|
- You only need several functions to cook using a toaster oven, and these include broil, toast, and bake. So even though this masterpiece from Tiger is a simple oven unit, you can rest assured it will execute all three main functions splendidly.
- When the package arrived from Amazon, the first thing I did was take the appliance through a series of tests with the effort to check out its ease of use, consistency, safety in the kitchen, power, reliability, sturdiness, and durability.
- So, the first thing I did was use it to prepare different meals for five hours straight without turning off the appliance. After all, if it can handle this amount of workload, then you, the buyer, can rest assured it won’t fail handling anything you through in it in. Better yet, the fact it made it to this list (and in the first position) means that it passed perfectly the test. The last cake I baked using the appliance came out just as perfectly cooked as the first one that went in. What’s more, the cake was baked evenly all round, thanks to Tiger oven toaster “YAKITATE” KAE-G13N’s inbuilt natural convection design.
- Unlike other convection toaster ovens that retail with an inbuilt fan to blow around the hot air inside the oven to ensure that food cooks faster and evenly, its interior is designed to make sure hot air moves around. And when you couple that convection builds with the 1300 watts of power the appliance delivers, you have one of the best reliable toaster ovens too.
- The next thing I realized while testing its consistency is the appliance’s safety features. My children are always running around my kitchen when I’m preparing breakfast so it’s essential that I ensure every cooking appliance I acquire comes with a cool to the touch exterior surface. If you’re not familiar with that toaster oven feature, it simply refers to a cooking appliance’s ability to remain completely cool on the surface during operations. This way, if someone accidentally comes into contact with the tool, they won’t sustain burn injuries. The cool to the touch exterior and the perfectly insulated material have a second advantage. The fact no hotness will get to the outer surface further implies that no hot air will escape from the appliance, which in turn, improves the toaster oven’s cooking speed.
- The last feature of the product worth noting is its ease of cleaning. Thanks to its non-stick interior surface and removable crumb tray, cleaning the appliance shouldn’t take more than 3 minutes. But when doing thorough cleaning, ensure you use the detailed guide on how to clean the inside of a toaster oven. It will help you ensure that your appliance maintains its mint condition for a long time.
- Compact to save on kitchen counter space
- The feet are anti-skid even on wet surfaces
- Easy to use even for beginners
- The exterior surface remains cool to the touch during operations
- Cleaning the appliance isn’t a hassle
- Delivers evenly and perfectly cooked meals
- Very powerful and versatile
- One of the most reliable, versatile, and easy to handle toaster oven in the Japanese market today is this BALMUDA Steam toaster oven model. This unit boasts a spacious interior, comes with several accessories, and has been fitted with a wide array of settings that make it a must-have tool for any household.
- The package comes with a Japanese instruction manual and a guidebook to help you get in tune with the appliance’s feature. And as you can see from the image above, BALMUDA Steam toaster oven also boasts a wide array of toasting levels to help it accommodate everyone’s taste in your household.
- Boasts a unique design
- Very versatile
- Easy to clean
- Portable and lightweight
- Sturdy and durable
- Has a shade selector
- My daughter walked in on me while I was reviewing this toaster oven and literally begged me to place an order on the product. The truth is, I wasn’t sure it would make it to the list, and I figured that if it didn’t meet my standards, then I would simply give it to her as her next birthday gift.
- Just like the other toaster ovens in this review, BRUNO Toaster Grill BOE033-WH retails with a cool to the touch exterior as well. Needless to say, the unit exceeded my expectations. The toaster oven was able to toast back to back for three hours straight without showing any signs of slow down and it did not fail in the toasting department neither.
- Compact to save on space
- Has a 30-minute timer
- Easy to use and clean
- Feet are anti-skid
- Blends in with any kitchen interior décor
- Straight out of the box, you’ll either be pissed off or impressed by Vitantonio Vertical type TOASTER OVEN VOT-20-I’s unique tall design. I personally found it practical because it allows me to save on space and at the same time enjoy the two rack positions.
- The rack positions allowed me to prepare multiple meals at the same time and it also came with three different power levels (300W, 700W, and 1000W.) This lets you pick the power level that best matches the meal you’re about to prepare.
- Has a tall design that’ll allow you to save on kitchen counter space
- Exterior surface remains cool to the touch during operations
- Has three different power levels
- Comes with a shade selector
- Easy to clean
- Very versatile
- If you’re willing to sacrifice some kitchen counter space for power, reliability, ease of use, a cool to the touch exterior, and efficiency, then I recommend that you give IRIS OHYAMA Toaster Oven “ricopa” EOT-R1001-C a try.
- This masterpiece retails with four power levels (450W, 550W, 725W, and 1000W) and a 15-minute timer to help you prepare any meal you may have in mind. Its power cord is also long enough to allow you to move it freely around the kitchen.
- Comes with a saucer
- Delivers evenly cooked meals
- Easy to clean
- Perfect gift for a loved one’s special occasion
- Very powerful
- Very versatile
I spent two weeks researching and taking all models in this list through a series of tests, so you can rest assured that all of them can meet your cooking needs and requirements. If you’ve found a model that you think also meets your personal style, then I recommend you head to Amazon right away and place an order while stock lasts.
If you’re having a hard time making the final decision, however, I’m still here to help. If I were to pick from the enumeration above, I would choose the Tiger oven toaster “YAKITATE” KAE-G13N as my favorite Japanese toaster oven. It is compact, durable, sturdy, fast, and has an exterior surface that will remain cool to the touch during operations.
And what will be the best japanese toaster oven in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!