Whether you prefer having frozen pizza for snacks, crispy toasties for breakfast, roasted chicken, or want to bake spontaneous cookies, you can rest assured you’ll find toaster ovens that are the best multitasking machines in the realm of kitchen appliances.
Beloved by couples and singles who do not like firing up their wall or range ovens to prepare small-sized meals and dishes, toaster ovens also retail with a convection setting, which allows them to cook dishes quicker than the traditional oven. This in turn saves energy and time for you.
That said, with a wide array of models to pick from, picking the best time and energy-efficient toaster oven is easier said than done. The kitchen appliances market is filled with hundreds of thousands of models and all of them claim to be the best of the best, which doesn’t make your work as a customer any easier.
Lucky for you, I took it upon myself and ventured into the marketplace to spend weeks reading toaster oven reviews, testing the best models, and surveying the market for features that matter the most. Consequently, I created this ultimate review boasting the best 5 I could find.
Now all you have to do is check out the guide and pick the model that best fits your kitchen needs and requirements.
The Top 5 Best Energy Efficient Toaster Ovens in 2021
|Toaster Oven Name||Weight||Timer||Dimensions||Slice||Price|
|Compact Smart Oven||14.52 ounces||Yes||15 x 17 x 10 in||4|
|Toaster Oven 4 Slice||2.2 ounces||Yes||17.1 x 13.9 x 11.5 in||4|
|Hamilton Beach 4-Slice Countertop Toaster Oven||6.92 pounds||Yes||11.85 x 14.76 x 8.07 in||4|
|4-Slice Toaster Oven||8.43 ounces||Yes||11.63 x 16.86 x 9.07 in||4|
|Hamilton Beach Countertop Convection Toaster Oven||21.7 pounds||N/A||24 x 18 x 15 in||6|
- Thanks to its large interior, a high-quality additional set of bakeware with multiple features, uniquely intelligent heating elements, an excellent performance, and a high-end design, this Breville BOV650XL Electric Toaster Oven can completely replace your traditional kitchen oven.
- In fact, it has easy to use interface, and attractive modern design with nine adjustable presets that earned a spot in my review on the best aesthetic toaster ovens. Its smart “Element IQ” toasting and baking technology also allows it to adjust the power of the appliance’s four heating elements so they can distribute heat evenly and ensure they do not overcook your meals.
- The 8 cooking functions fitted in the appliance by Breville include reheat, cookies, pizza, broil, roast, bake, bagel, and toast. The bagel setting will allow you to toast only the cut side of your bagels, which results in slices that are crusty on the outside, but soft and warm on the inside.
- The reheat setting, on the other hand, will allow you to reheat your leftover meals in less than 30 seconds.
- Boasts a non-stick cavity coating, which makes it easy to clean
- The LCD display allows you to monitor the current temperature and time it will take to cook your meals
- Has eight different cooking functions
- Heating elements are of the highest quality
- Delivers evenly and perfectly cooked meals
- Boasts a smart “Element IQ” cooking setting
- This space-saving and extremely efficient toaster oven model impressed me with its ability to precisely and evenly brown at all levels of darkness coupled with its speedy cook time. During my testing sessions, I realized it did not require any preheating and quickly came up to the required temperature level.
- It can cook quickly and evenly, thanks to its natural convection setting and unique combination of ceramic and quartz infrared heating elements. Its heating elements are also covered, which makes it easy for you when it’s time to clean the inside of the toaster oven.
- Another thing I loved about this toaster oven is its interior. The interior has been specially designed to ensure even toasting more than 4 artisan bread slices or a 9” pizza while at the same time maintaining a compact design that allows it to fit nicely on your kitchen countertop.
- Cooking functions and features fitted on the appliance include, toasting, broiling, and baking.
- Compact to save on space
- Easy to clean
- Retails with a built-in timer
- Boasts heating elements of a high quality
- Exterior surface remains cool to touch
- Cooks fast
- If easy access to your hot food and less cleaning are essential features to you, then this Hamilton Beach 31401 Countertop Toaster Oven is the perfect choice for you. Add to that the fact both features are essential if children will be regularly using the appliance to make toast, school snacks, and waffles in the morning.
- The masterpieces’ unique roll down glass door makes it easier to reach the toasted foods than traditional toaster oven models with glass doors that has to be pulled up and outward. This door design also requires less kitchen countertop front space and helps keep the countertop free from stray crumbs and the glass door free from gooey cheese messes.
- Of all toaster models I tested, this toaster oven also boasts one of the most spacious interiors. It can fit everything from suppers to snacks without a hassle. I tested it using a 9-inch pizza, and it could easily fit in perfectly.
- Another feature worth noting on this appliance is its convection setting, which allows it to cook your foods 26 percent faster and use approximately 76 percent less energy compared to a typical toaster oven.
- Retails with a 30-minute timer and a ready bell to notify you when your meals are ready
- The stainless-steel exterior allows the oven to last for a long time
- Saves energy and time, thanks to its convection setting
- Exterior surface remains cool to the touch during operations
- Feet are anti-skid
- Interior is sufficiently spacious
- If you’re scouring the internet looking for the fastest toaster oven, then this BLACK+DECKER TO1760SS 4-Slice Toaster Oven could be what you need. It boasts a natural convection technology, which means that its interior has been designed to continuously circulate hot air inside the oven for even and faster results.
- It comes with four cooking functions namely keep warm, toast, broil, and bake that will allow you to tackle any meals you put inside. In addition to that, the appliance retails with a 30-minute timer, which allows you to set the precise cooking time. When the timer runs out, the toaster oven will automatically shut down to prevent overcooking.
- Retails with a baking rack and pan
- Easy to use
- Lightweight and portable
- Has a natural convection technology
- The last, but by no means the least toaster oven in our detailed review is also from Hamilton Beach. If that proves anything, it’s that Hamilton Beach is well versed in the realm of kitchen appliances and knows exactly what its clients need.
- This Hamilton Beach 31434 Easy Reach Toaster Oven has a roll-top door that opens up and out of your way so you can easily and safely access your food before, after, and during cooking. The glass door’s design also keeps it out of the way of messy drips and spills.
- Has easy to use contoured knobs
- Interior is sufficiently spacious
- Easy to clean
- Easy to operate
The best energy efficient toaster ovens can be indispensable dinner prep helpers, snack makers, and breakfast fixers. And with those advantages in mind, I hope my guide has helped you find a model that perfectly accommodates your needs.
That said, if you’re having a hard time making an educated decision, then allow me to help you out. If I were to pick from the list above, I would choose the Hamilton Beach 31143 Countertop Toaster Oven as my favorite energy efficient toaster oven. This model has the most advanced settings, spacious, has been fitted with high-quality heating elements, and it is extremely versatile. Try it out and let me know what you think.
And what will be the best energy efficient toaster oven in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!