The De’Longhi lineup of toaster ovens may just be one of the fastest, smartest, and most feature-rich lineup of toaster ovens I have ever seen. I know, that is big praise, but after taking a look at the selection of units in the list below, you will agree with me that it sounds like it may be true.
With that in mind, even though the company has a reputation for designing some of the best futuristic kitchen appliances, I still had to take every model from this list through a series of tests to ensure that they could handle the needs of any family regardless of their size and type.
Some of the features I tested and ensure that each and every toaster oven unit in the list could meet include:
- Cooking consistency
- Safety features
- Ease of use and cleaning
- Durability and sturdiness
- Cooking quality
- Number of cooking settings
- Manufacturing material quality of the healing elements
- And more.
As you can see, I went above and beyond to be as exhaustively informative as possible. This further implies that all you ought to do now is go through this list and pick the unit you think will best complement your needs and personal preferences.
Also, if you like a certain product but do not know where to get one of the units, I encourage you to check out this guide I recently created on where to buy your toaster oven. I ordered all my units from Amazon. Without wasting any more of your time, let’s skip to the main section of the post and look at the best De’Longhi toaster ovens that money can buy today.
The Top 4 Best De’Longhi Toaster Ovens in 2021
- De’Longhi Livenza Compact Toaster Oven’s unique selling proposition is obvious straight out of the box, and that is its design. It boasts one of the sleekest, aesthetic designs, and when I placed the unit on my kitchen counter for a week, everyone who walked in had something to say about its design.
- I actually have two friends who decided to replace their toaster oven with this model after falling head over heels in love with its design.
- That said, this appliance isn’t all looks and no substance. The unit performed exceptionally in the toasting department as well. When my package arrived from Amazon, I went out, acquired 40 loaves of bread, and decided to test the appliance’s consistency. My plan was to toast all the slices back-to-back, without letting the toaster oven rest in between.
- Well, I did, and to say that the results blew my mind would be an understatement. The last slice to go inside the appliance came out just as perfectly and evenly toasted as the first one to go in – and the appliance delivered each batch of toasties in less than four minutes. In the realm of toaster ovens, that’s as fast as some of the fastest toaster ovens out there.
- On De’Longhi Livenza Compact Toaster Oven’s product page on Amazon, you’ll also see that the term convention has been included in its title. For those who are new to the realm of toaster ovens, that simply implies that the unit retails with an inbuilt fan that will blow hot air around inside the appliance for fast and even cooking. This further solidifies the toaster oven’s claim to be one of the fastest units.
- That said, I ought to mention, not all meals should be cooked using the convection setting. Some meals need to cook slowly at a low heat temperature in order to achieve desirable results, so ensure you have that point in mind before activating the convection setting. Here is a guide touching on how to bake using a toaster oven. The guide will show you the different levels you’re allowed to engage the convection setting.
- Anyway, back to appliance’s features review.
- Backing up the convection setting with the oven’s 1800 watts of power. With that power level, the unit easily qualifies as one of the best restaurant toaster ovens. In fact, if I happen to create or revise an existing guide to commercial toaster ovens, you can rest assured that this masterpiece will make the cut.
- Another thing worth noting is that the unit has been fitted with nine different preset cooking settings. These settings include reheat, keep warm, cookies, convection, roast, broil, bake, pizza, and toast. The fact that they are preset implies that when you select one of them, the appliance will automatically adjust the temperature and timer to levels that ensure the best results. Such a setting will come in handy especially if you’ll be gifting the unit to someone who has no experience with toaster ovens whatsoever.
- Very powerful
- Designed with durable material
- Has an interior capacity of 14 liters
- Compact to save on kitchen counter space
- Very versatile
- The feet are anti-skid on wet surfaces
- Retails with an inbuilt convection setting
- Do you think that the first De’Longhi toaster oven wasn’t fast enough to your liking? If that is a big, bold, yes I hear, then allow me to introduce you to the De’Longhi America Inc EO241250M Countertop Oven. This unit is advertised to perform up to 40 percent faster than most toaster ovens (including convection ones), and after putting the appliance through a series of tests, I have to agree that that’s kind of true.
- That said, after its performance, I was curious and needed to know how the appliance could be that faster than its counterparts, and that’s when I learned that it has been fitted with a heat lock system. This implies that when the toaster oven’s glass door has been closed, all the spaces around it will be sealed completely, which further implies that the temperature will be trapped inside for faster cooking. The appliance also preheats up to 60 percent faster compared to most full-size convection ovens.
- Let’s talk about its multi-level cooking. As you will notice straight out of the box, the unit retails with four different adjustable rack positions to further improve your flexibility in the kitchen space. When cooking a meal that doesn’t require a high heat intensity, you can feel free to place it on the bottom rack away from the heating tubes. When preparing a meal that needs a high heat intensity, you can place it at the top rack close to the heating tubes. You can even use the different rack positions at the same time to prepare light meals like cookies or toasted bread. After all, the convection setting will ensure that an equal amount of heat reaches all the racks.
- Just like with the previous toaster oven we just looked at, this one’s cooking settings are preset as well. These settings are toast, bake, convection, broil & grill, defrost, pizza, cookies, and keep warm. I tested all of them personally and they delivered perfect results.
- Easy to use and clean
- Cooks evenly and delivers consistent results
- The design and color will blend in with any kitchen interior décor
- Boasts eight preset programs
- Has a spacious interior
- Cooks faster than other toaster ovens
- If like me, you do not care about aesthetics and are only always after units that can deliver as advertised, then allow me to introduce you to DeLonghi XR640 Toaster Oven. That said, I also do understand that some of you love models with retro designs like this one, so if that sounds like you, then you’re in luck.
- Unlike most other units in this enumeration, it doesn’t retail with a convection setting. Instead, the appliance has been fitted with an enamel interior that will distribute heat evenly and be easy to clean. I know, that cannot be as fast as a convection setting, but the unit did cook faster than any regular toaster oven I have ever used.
- If you live in a small apartment with a tiny kitchen and are looking for a unit that will help you save on space, then this appliance could still be what you’re looking for. The unit fit in a small cabinet on my kitchen counter and its door didn’t consume any space while opening.
- Accessories you will find inside your package from Amazon include a stay-cool rack grip, a broil insert, and a baking pan.
- Boasts a retro design
- Durable and sturdy
- Has a cool to the touch exterior
- Retails with an auto shut off feature
- Very versatile
- Backed by a one-year warranty
- Compact to save on kitchen space
- Lightweight and portable
- The last, but by no means the least, De’Longhi toaster oven in our detailed enumeration is the DeLonghi AS690 Airstream. This masterpiece’s unique selling propositions will also be obvious right away when you visit the product’s page on Amazon. The unit has been backed by a 1-year limited warranty. If this doesn’t prove that the company has faith in the product, they are selling you, then I do not know what does.
- To learn how long should be expected the product to last past its warranty period, I turned to online forums with cooking enthusiast and professional cooks. In one of these, I found three people who have been using this exact model for more than five years now, and according to their comments, their units have never run into any issues. They were still performing as they did when they were brand new.
- Better yet, one of the individuals pointed out that his unit was serving his customers at a restaurant and that the appliance was even perfect for rush hours. If the unit can handle the needs of a restaurant, then you can rest assured that nothing your home throws in it will slow it down.
- Inside the package you will receive from Amazon, you’ll also find several accessories including a handgrip, shallow pan, wire racks, broiling racks, cooking sheets, and a removable crumb tray. The first five are there to improve your flexibility in the kitchen, whereas the last one is intended to make the appliance easy to clean. If you do not know what a removable crumb tray, it’s simply the part of the tool that responsible for collecting all the dirt and debris that fall off of your cooked meals. To clean the crumb tray, all you ought to do is take it out, empty its contents into a bin or sink, wipe it clean with a damp cloth, and put it back into your appliance. That’s it, you’re back to business.
- For the once in a while and thorough cleaning sessions, this DeLonghi AS690 Airstream Toaster Oven won’t be a hassle either. The unit’s interior has been covered with a non-stick material that will make cleaning a breeze. Here is a detailed guide on how to clean the interior of a toaster oven.
- Compact to save on kitchen counter space
- Has a basic design
- Will blend in with any kitchen interior décor
- Very versatile
- Backed by a 1-year limited warranty
- Several accessories included in the package you’ll receive
- Boasts a porcelain enamel interior for even cooking
- Fitted with a convection fan
To wrap it up, if I were to pick the best De’Longhi toaster oven from the list above, I’d pick the first De’Longhi Livenza Compact. Note though, that’s not because the appliance performs better or is more durable than the other three models. No!
It’s simply that De’Longhi Livenza Compact Toaster Oven’s combination of features appealed most to my personal preferences. If you had already picked one of the other models, I urge you to stick to it and go ahead to place an order while stock lasts.
And what will be the best De’Longhi toaster oven in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!