Countertop toaster ovens won’t go away anytime soon. But them being a stable kitchen appliance doesn’t mean they shouldn’t improve. In today’s review, we’ll look at the best countertop toaster ovens that can also qualify as modern toaster ovens. This means that they’ve all been designed with your convenience in mind. So, whether you value unique designs, spacious interiors, safety features, consistency, or overall size, you can rest assured that this list has got you covered.
Without wasting any more of your time, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the best countertop toaster ovens in the market today.
The Top 6 Best Countertop Toaster Ovens in 2020
|Toaster Oven Name||Weight||Timer||Dimensions||Slice||Price|
|Oster Toaster Oven||20.03 lbs||Yes||16.3 x 19.7 x 11.3 in||4|
|Luby Large Toaster Oven||20 lbs||Yes||22.04 x 16.14 x 14.37 in||4|
|Calphalon Countertop Toaster Oven||23.6 lbs||Yes||18.7 x 15.8 x 11.6 in||4|
|8-Slice Extra Wide Countertop Toaster||17.5 bs||Yes||14.5 x 22 x 11.5 in||8|
|Toaster Oven 4 Slice||2.2 lbs||Yes||17 x 14 x 11.3 in||4|
|Hamilton Beach 31142 Toaster Oven||4.2 lbs||Yes||12.2 x 9.6 x 16.14 in||4|
- The first masterpiece in our review is from one of the most reputable brands in the realm of kitchen appliances. Oster was founded in 1897 as Sunbeam products, and the fact that they’ve been around for more than a century is enough proof that they’re in tune with what the marketplace requires.
- Some of the settings included in this model are pizza, defrost, warm, broil, bake, toast, and convection bake. If you’re not acquitted to how to use the convection setting while baking, check out this guide on how to bake using a toaster oven. Oster Toaster Oven has also been fitted with a timer and has a temperature range from 150 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, both of which will improve your convenience in the kitchen space.
- The package includes a removable crumb tray and durable baking pan
- Easy to clean and use
- Comes with a convection setting
- Interior can accommodate up to six slices of artisan bread
- Very sturdy and durable
- If you’re scouring the internet for the best easy to clean toaster oven, then this Luby Large Toaster Oven could be what you’re looking for. From the image above you can see that the appliance’s doors open toward the sides, which means chances of spilling food on them while retrieving your meals is almost none. That further implies that while thoroughly cleaning the interior of your toaster oven, you won’t have to waste a lot of time cleaning the “clean” doors.
- In regard to its ease of cleaning, it retails with a removable crumb tray that’s also dishwasher safe. If you’re not familiar with this part of the tool, a removable crumb tray is responsible for collecting all the debris and dirt that accumulate inside the toaster oven. And to clean it, all you ought to do is take it out and either put it in your dishwasher or wipe it clean using a damp cloth.
- To qualify it as one of the fastest toaster ovens, it comes with four heating tubes of the highest quality. I tested them by toasting the thickest artisan bread slices I could find, and it toasted every slice evenly and perfectly in less than 2 minutes. This amazing cooking time makes the appliance perfect for keeping foods warm, toasting bread, baking cookies & pizzas, and broiling fish and turkey. Also, the appliance does not need to be heated up before putting your meals inside. And after putting your food inside, adjust the 60-minute timer and temperature range to the level that you think will deliver the best results. When the timer runs out, the appliance will automatically switch off and let out a signal bell to let you know your meal is ready for consumption. This means you can work on something else around your house while you’re waiting for your food to prepare without having to worry about overcooking.
- The highest temperature range is 450 degrees Fahrenheit. But be careful while operating that temperature range as I learned the hard way that it burns foods sometimes. In fact, if you notice through the clear glass door that your food is ready, but the timer hasn’t run out, you can stop the process midway. The appliance also boasts a large interior that qualifies it as one of the best spacious toaster ovens. It’s large enough to bake a 14-inch pizza, roast a 20 lbs. turkey, nice tenderloin, or family cake, and can also fit a 24-cup muffin tray comfortably.
- The four rack positions are there to improve your cooking flexibility so you can move your meals to the required heating element. When preparing small meals that do not require a lot of heat, you can even use multiple rack positions at the same time and still rest assured your meals will come out perfectly cooked.
- Boasts heating elements of the highest quality
- Very versatile
- Easy to clean, thanks to the door design and availability of a removable crumb tray
- Has a 60-minute timer
- Will notify you when your meals are ready
- Extremely spacious interior
- Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven’s unique selling proposition is quite obvious from its image above. This stroke of genius has the most futuristic design I’ve ever seen on a toaster oven. And I’ve been reviewing these appliances for almost a decade now.
- The appliance doesn’t disappoint in the cooking department either. It comes with 11 preset cooking functions, namely dehydrate, cookies, reheat, warm, defrost, roast, bagel, toast, broil, pizza, and bake. Accessories you’ll find in the package from Amazon include a wire rack, dehydrator rack, pizza pan, and baking pan. Due to the quartz heating elements it will deliver meals 40 percent faster compared to conventional tube heating elements.
- Compact to save on space
- Has an LCD display
- Lightweight and portable
- Comes with additional accessories
- The exterior remains cool to the touch during operations
- For those with limited space in the kitchen and are looking for the best compact countertop toaster oven, allow me to introduce you the BLACK+DECKER TO3250XSB Toaster Oven. I could perfectly fit it on my small countertop, and since its door opens down and out of the way, it won’t consume any space. That said, since the door opens downward, then expect to spill some foods on it while retrieving your meals, which as you may have guessed, translates to a little more time spent cleaning the glass door.
- Anyway, do not let the appliance’s compact design fool you into thinking it cannot handle your family’s needs. During my test sessions, I realized it could fit any 9” x 13” pan with handles, a 12” pizza, and up to eight slices of artisan bread. It also comes with a convection setting. This means that its interior has been fitted with a small fan that will blow hot air around to ensure quick and even cooking. This setting coupled with its multiple cooking functions (including warm, toast, broil, bake, and convection bake) makes it one of the best versatile toaster ovens.
- From the image above, you can also see that the third bottom knob will allow you to choose among six different toasting levels. Those are there cto accommodate everyone’s taste in your family. To top it off, temperatures in the oven have been automatically adjusted to be lower because the appliance boasts high-quality heating elements.
- Comes with a 60-minute timer
- Boasts 3 rack positions for improved cooking flexibility
- Heating elements are of the highest quality
- The convection setting will cook your foods quicker and more evenly
- The interior is very spacious
- Compact and lightweight
- Perfectly insulated
- Easy to use and clean
- What attracted me to this countertop toaster oven from Mueller Austria is its natural convection setting. This means that unlike the other convection toaster oven we looked at in the beginning of the post, Mueller Austria Toaster Oven doesn’t come with an inbuilt fan to circulate hot air. Instead, its interior has been designed in a manner that’ll allow it to do that naturally for faster and even cooking.It boasts a 30-minute timer, comes with a convenient removable crumb tray, has a spacious interior, and has been fitted with a wide temperature range from 150 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Easy to clean
- Ha a built-in timer
- Easy to use
- Durable and sturdy
- Delivers delicious meals
- If you have children running around the kitchen a lot and safety features are important to you, then allow me to introduce you the Hamilton Beach 31142 Toaster Oven. This masterpiece has been perfectly insulated to help it serve two purposes.
- First, it ensures hot air does not reach the exterior surfaces of the appliances, which in turn implies that anyone who comes into contact with the toaster oven during operations will not sustain any serious burn injuries. Second, the fact the heat is trapped inside the appliance allows the tool to cook fast and deliver even results all the time.
- It is also easy to clean, has been fitted with a 30-minute timer, has a wide temperature range up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and has a fairly spacious interior.
- Will look aesthetic on any kitchen counter
- Easy to clean and use
- Compact to save on space
- Has even toasting technology
- Very versatile
There is my detailed guide on the best countertop toaster ovens money can buy today. If you’ve found a model that you think will best meet your toasting needs and requirements, I recommend you place an order right away while stock lasts.
On the other hand, for those who are stuck between two or more appliance and are having a hard time making a final educated decision, kindly allow me to help you out as well. If I were to choose from the six models above, I’d pick the Luby Large Toaster Oven as my favorite countertop toaster oven simply because it can do everything all the other models can do and it is also spacious and practical for those who hate spending a lot of time with cleaning.
If you’re willing to spare some space to accommodate the appliance, then you’re in luck.
And what will be the best countertop toaster oven in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!