Old is Gold. Whoever coined that quote must have been thinking about conventional toaster ovens (Just my thoughts.) If you’re a cooking fanatic that has used a wide array of toaster ovens for a huge portion of your life, then you know that regardless of how many futuristic designs get incorporated in best modern toaster ovens, some of them just can’t ever beat the functionality of the best conventional toaster ovens.
Back in the day, none of us really cared about the looks, so the only thing kitchen appliances manufacturers needed to focus on was creating kitchen appliances that could meet our needs and expectations (and companies behind today’s collection did just that.) That said, just because you’re chasing for retro designs doesn’t mean you have to pick a shade that will break your kitchen interior’s décor. Every masterpiece we’ll review has been tested in different kitchens and they all complimented them seamlessly.
Without wasting any more of your time, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the best conventional toaster ovens in the market today.
The Top 5 Best Conventional Toaster Ovens in 2021
|Toaster Oven Name||Weight||Timer||Dimensions||Slice||Price|
|Countertop Toaster Oven||14.12 lbs||Yes||15 x 18.5 x 9.5 in||4|
|Retro Convection Toaster Oven||16.81 lbs||Yes||18.5 x 15.5 x 11.5 in||12|
|Convection Countertop Toaster Oven||17.5 lbs||Yes||14.5 x 22 x 11.5 in||8|
|6-Slice Toaster Oven||16.46 lbs||Yes||19 x 15.6 x 10.8 in||6|
|Comfee' Toaster Oven Countertop||7.78 lbs||Yes||16.25 x 13 x 10 in||4|
- If you’ve read several of my reviews, then you know that I love starting my posts on a high note; and what would be a better way to start a review of the best conventional toaster ovens than with a stroke of genius from one of the oldest brands in the market?
- Since its founding in 1910, Hamilton Beach has become known for its ability to combine retro designs and modern settings in all their appliances, including air purifiers, cloth irons, slow cookers, regular toasters, mixers, blenders, and toaster ovens.
- But what sets this Hamilton Beach 31123D model apart? Well, first, Hamilton Beach managed to design a model that’s compact but can also serve a small family. This appliance is perfectly fit on a small space I had set aside on my kitchen counter, but its interior was also sufficiently spacious to fit 9” x 11” bake pans with handles, 12” pizza, or 6 slices of artisan bread.
- Better yet, as you can see from the image above, the appliance also retails with a specific door design that will open up and out of the way. This means that you won’t be able to spill foods on it while retrieving your meals, which in turn results in ease of cleaning. Here is a detailed guide on how to clean the inside of a toaster oven.
- Has a convection setting
- Easy to use and clean
- The door opens up and out of the way
- Compact to save on space
- Boasts a spacious interior
- Deliver two rack positions to improve cooking flexibility
- Shopping for the best retro toaster oven doesn’t mean you cannot choose a model that will leave everyone that walks in your kitchen in awe. That’s why I think this Nostalgia RTOV2RR Toaster Oven model is worth a check out.
- The model I tested is red in color, but in case this color clashes with your kitchen’s interior décor, you can get the aqua alternative instead. Better yet, if you try out this model and fall in love with its ability to deliver, you can get it for a loved one as a present.
- Easy to clean and use
- Has a 60-minute built-in timer
- Very versatile
- Has a large capacity
- Offers a wide temperature range
- Will automatically switch off when your food is ready
- This list would be incomplete if we hadn’t included a masterpiece from one of the most reputable brands in the realm of kitchen appliances. Founded in 1910, Black + Decker has become synonymous with innovative toaster ovens, blenders, refrigerators, regular toasters, and more. Better yet, if more than a century in the industry proves anything, it’s that the company has a great understanding of what their clients require: and this BLACK+DECKER TO3250XSB Toaster Oven is no exception.
- Straight out of the box, the first thing you’ll notice on this model is its perfect black and silver color combination that’ll allow it to blend in with your kitchen interior. And thanks to its three, accessible adjustment knobs, even total beginners can operate the appliance without a hassle.
- The product will blow your mind in the toasting department as well. It has been fitted with a convection heating setting. For those who are not acquainted with this feature, it means that it comes with an inbuilt fan that will circulate warm air through the inside of the oven for fast and even baking. The functions included in the toaster oven are keep warm, toast, broil, and bake. Modern toaster ovens have more bells and whistles (such as defrost and bagel) but I think you will rarely need those anyway.
- When you put your meal inside the appliance, use the 60-minute timer and temperature adjustment knob (ranging from 250 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit) to set the time you think the meal will take. And when the timer runs out, the appliance will automatically switch off to prevent overcooking. On the appliance’s Amazon page, you’ll also find that it boasts six different toasting levels. Those have been put there to accommodate everyone’s taste in your home. But be careful while operating the highest toasting level because it burnt my normal bread slices. It didn’t burn thick artisan bread slices though.
- Let’s talk about the interior. It has been specially engineered to fit most 9” x 13” pans with handles, a 12” pizza, or 8 slices of artisan bread slices. To be exact, the internal dimensions are approximately 16.5 x 12.5 x 9.5 inches. The package from Amazon will include a removable crumb tray and a baking/broiling pan. If something happens to those, you can rest assured that any oven pan you have will still fit inside the appliance.
- Another feature of the BLACK+DECKER TO3250XSB Toaster Oven worth noting is its perfect insulation; which delivers two different advantages. First, since its insulated hot air won’t escape through the outer surfaces, all the air moving around inside the appliance will result in more even and quicker cooking times. Second, the insulation means that anyone in your home that comes into contact with the appliance while it’s in operation will not sustain any burn injuries. But note that this does not include the baking and broiling pans. Those get excessively hot during operations and you’ll need a glove to get them out.
- Has a wide temperature range to satisfy your family’s needs
- Can fit most oven pans you already have in your home
- The interior is extra wide
- Has a convection setting to ensure fast and even cooking
- Made of very sturdy and durable materials
- Comes with a dedicated 60-minute timer and auto shut off function
- Boasts 3 rack positions for improved cooking flexibility
- COMFEE’ CFO-CC2501 Toaster Oven doesn’t retail from the most reputable brand, but when you put it to the test, you’ll understand why it deserves a spot in this enumeration. This tool comes with a built-in convection fan for faster and even baking experiences. In addition to that, it has been fitted with toast, broil, and bake functions as well as its heating elements are coming from the highest quality to handle anything you throw in it. To improve your faith in the product, the manufacturing company even offers you a one-year warranty and three additional accessories (baking rack, baking pan, and a removable crumb tray.)
- Has an aesthetic design
- Very powerful and versatile
- Boasts easy to turn control knobs
- The interior is non-sticky to make it easy to clean
- Retails in three different colors
- The last, but by no means, the least conventional toaster oven in this enumeration is from the same brand as the previous one we just looked at, and if that doesn’t prove that the company knows what it’s doing, I don’t know what does.
- Better yet, just like its counterpart, this Comfee’ CFO-BB102 Toaster Oven model has also been backed by a one-year product warranty. In addition, its interior is non-sticky, and it comes with a detachable removable crumb tray, both of which make it one of the best easy to clean toaster ovens.
- Backed by a one-year product warranty
- Easy to clean
- Compact size
- Has flexible rack positions
- Powerful and versatile
Researching, testing, and reviewing all products above took me more than a week, so I really hope the list has something you think will meet your needs and requirements. And for those who like more than one product and are having a hard time making a final decision, I’m still here to help you out.
If I were to pick from the review above, I would personally choose the BLACK+DECKER TO3250XSB Toaster Oven as the best conventional toaster oven in the market today. It comes from one of the most reputable brands and could do everything that is advertised. And in case you run into any issues with the appliance, the company’s customer service will help you out right away.
And what will be the best conventional toaster oven in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!