When buying a toaster oven, you want to invest in not only a great machine, but also a unit from a reputable brand. And if you have checked out my guide on how to pick the best toaster ovens, then you remember that one of the tips I mentioned is that you should always separate your options according to their manufacturing brands and only pick from reputable brands.
Why, you ask? Well, unlike lesser-known brands, leading manufacturing brands have a reputation to uphold, which means that they will go above and beyond to ensure that they only release a product that can accommodate anyone’s cooking needs and requirements.
With that in mind, that’s what inspired me to create this detailed guide on the best Breville toaster ovens. Established in 1932, Breville is a manufacturer of some of the best small kitchen appliances in the market. Over the decades the company has been in existence, its products have become synonymous with futuristic designs, and that is exactly what all the models in today’s review deliver.
Without wasting any more of your time, let us skip to the main section of the post and look at the best Breville toaster ovens that money can buy today.
The Top 7 Best Breville Toaster Ovens in 2021
|Toaster Oven Name
|Smart Oven 1800-Watt
|15.7 x 18.5 x 11 in
|Breville the Smart Pro toaster oven
|18.5 x 14.5 x 11 in
|Mini Smart Oven
|16 x 14.25 x 8.5 in
|The Smart Toaster Oven
|18.5 x 26 x 17 in
|Pro Countertop Oven
|18.5 x 14.5 x 11 in
|Smart Oven Air Fryer
|20 x 15 x 11 in
|17 x 17 x 10 in
- If you are contemplating on starting (or already own) a catering company or restaurant, then allow me to introduce you to a Breville oven unit that also qualifies as one of the best industrial toaster ovens.
- The first thing you will notice after visiting the appliance’s product page on Amazon is that it has been fitted with 1800 watts of power. Even if you won’t be using the unit for restaurant purposes, knowing that it can handle the pressure and rush hour of a commercial setting should show you that the appliance can handle anything your home needs.
- While coming up with this review, I also reached out to two of my friends who own a catering business and use this same Breville toaster oven model. They’ve both used the unit for years, and after asking them how it was working, they pointed out that their units have never run into any issues since they acquired them. Top this off with the 1-year limited product warranty that backs this model, and you have a unit that easily qualifies as one of the most durable toaster ovens. If the unit runs into any issues within the first year of acquiring it, Breville will replace it at no extra cost to you.
- Another feature of Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven worth noting is its 9 preset functions, namely warm, reheat, cookies, pizza, broil, roast, bake, bagel, and toast. The bagel setting will allow you to toast only the cut side of your slices and will make your meal crusty and crunchy on the outside but soft and warm on the inside. Also, the fact all 9 cooking settings are presets implies that when you select one of them, the toaster oven will automatically adjust the temperature and timer to the levels that can ensure perfect cooking results. If that doesn’t make the toaster oven one of the best user-friendly units out there, I don’t know what does.
- Retails with a one-year limited product warranty
- Compact to save on kitchen counter space
- Fitted with 5 quartz heating elements
- Comes with 9 different preset functions
- Very powerful
- Sturdy and durable
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to clean
- Upon extensively testing out this toaster oven model, I quickly came to the conclusion that it is extremely suitable for huge families, thanks to its efficiency and reliability. In fact, this is the feature I noticed hundreds of people only kept talking about, and at first, I thought some of them might have been biased, so I decided to take the tool through a series of tests myself. Needless to say, it blew my mind away.
- After the product arrived from Amazon, I decided to start by testing its consistency. I went out, acquired 30 loaves of bread, and decided to toast every single slice using the appliance, back-to-back. The results? The last slice to go inside came out just as perfectly toasted as the first one to go in. Better yet, every slice took approximately 2 minutes to get toasted to perfection, which is as fast as some of the fastest toaster ovens out there in the market. In regard to its cooking speed, I think the fact it’s convection-powered played a huge role. If you’re new to the realm of toaster ovens, a convection setting simply implies that the unit retails with an inbuilt fan that will circulate the hot air within the oven for fast and even cooking. This setting also ensures that there won’t be any cold spots in your meals when they are ready cooked.
- What’s more? Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven has been fitted with 10 pre-set cooking functions, which is one more than the Breville toaster oven model we looked at in the first position. These settings include slow cook, warm, reheat, cookies, pizza, broil, roast, bake, bagel, and toast. In regard to this toaster ovens’ preset settings, I urge you to stick to them at first, unless you’re preparing a meal you’ve prepared using a toaster oven countless time. And for those of you who don’t trust the preset temperature and time levels, Breville has found a way around this as well. The appliance has been fitted with a resilient glass door and interior light. These two coupled together will allow you to visually track the cooking progress of your meals. And if you notice through the glass door that the food has been sufficiently cooked, but the timer hasn’t run down, feel free to switch it off and retrieve your meal.
- Fitted with 10 pre-set cooking functions
- Comes with a user manual
- The interior boasts a non-stick cavity coating
- Convection powered
- Delivers evenly cooked meals
- Easy to use and clean
- Maintains a cool to the touch exterior
- Boasts a spacious interior
- As the manufacturer puts it, there is heat, and then there is smart heat. This Breville BOV450XL Countertop Oven uses the latter to deliver impressive results. The unit has been fitted with smart element IQ heating elements, which will transfer heat intelligently across the 4 quartz elements inside the appliance for stable and precise heat when and where you want it to ensure perfect results. Couple this with the 1800 watts of power the appliance has been fitted with and you have one of the most reliable toaster ovens.
- Let’s talk about the appliance’s aesthetics. When it arrived from Amazon, I placed it in different kitchen spaces with different interior decors and the appliance complemented them all. Better yet, anyone who found it on those kitchen counters had something to say about the sleek design.
- Just like the first model we looked at, this model has also been backed by a 1-year limited product warranty. That is there to boost your confidence and show you that the company has faith in the product they are selling you.
- From the image above, you can also tell that the appliance retails with a backlit LCD. That addition will allow you to correctly calculate the time and temperature and will also illuminate orange when cooking and reheating your meals. When the food is ready cooked, the color will switch to blue. There are 8 preset cooking functions fitted in the appliance including toast, bagel, pizza, reheat, cookies, roast, broil, and bake. During my test sessions, I noticed that the reheat setting will warm up your leftovers in less than a minute.
- Has a non-stick interior cavity coating
- Compact to save on kitchen counter space
- Powerful to handle the needs of your family
- Heating elements are of the highest quality
- Backed by a one-year limited product warranty
- Fitted with a backlit LCD
- Retails with 8 preset cooking functions
- Breville BOV900BSS Smart Oven’ unique selling propositions are obvious by checking out the appliance’s features and specifications. For starters, the appliance has been fitted with a super convection technology. This implies that unlike regular convection toaster ovens, this one retails with 2-speed convection fans, a super fan, and a regular fan. The two will offer you greater cooking control. What’s more? The super convection fan will deliver a greater volume of air to ensure faster and even heat distribution, perfect for roasting and dehydrating.
- That said, I feel like I ought to mention that not all meals should be cooked using the convection setting. Some meals, like cakes, will frequently need to cook slowly for perfect results. Here is a guide on how to bake using a toaster oven to show you the different levels you should engage the convection setting.
- The second unique selling proposition of this masterpiece is its warranty and cooking functions. Unlike all the other Breville toaster oven models we are looking at in this enumeration, this one is backed by a 2-year limited product warranty and 13 cooking functions. These cooking functions include dehydrating, slow cook, cookies, reheat, air-fry, proof, pizza, warm, roast, bake, broil, bagel, and toast. I do not know about you, but these were more than sufficient to handle the needs of my family.
- Use the LCD display you can see on the top right side of the appliance to change among the cooking settings and adjust the temperature level and timer. Speaking of the timer. When the time you’ve set using the timer runs down, the appliance will automatically switch off to ensure that your food doesn’t get overcooked. And in case you’re distracted and don’t notice the appliance switching off, it will also let out a beeping sound that is guaranteed to grab your attention. That’s not all. From time to time, you will be too held up or distracted to even hear the beeping sound. In such cases, Breville has also included a feature that will protect your meal. The unit has been perfectly insulated, which implies that no hot air from inside the appliance will be able to escape through the exterior surface. This, in turn, implies that even after the toaster oven switches off, the warm air inside will keep it warm until you’re ready to retrieve it.
- Fitted an air fryer setting
- Retails with 13 pre-set cooking functions
- Easy to use and clean
- Comes with a super convection technology to offer you greater control
- Has 6 independent quartz heating elements
- Backed by a 2-year limited product warranty
- Very powerful and durable
- A guide on the best Breville toaster ovens would be incomplete without this Breville BOV845BKS Countertop Oven. As you can see from the image above, the unit isn’t big on looks, but I can tell you from experience that its ability to deliver will certainly exceed your expectations. I used the appliance for five years while in the campus; and like in most campuses, in reality, the appliance was used by virtually everyone on my block. This implies that each morning, it would toast more than 200 pieces of bread, but that still never affected its ability to deliver even one bit. What’s even more impressive is the fact that after the five-year period, I gifted it to one of my friends who was head over heels in love with it.
- To help it handle anything you throw in it, the appliance comes with 10 pre-set cooking functions, including slow cook, warm, reheat, cookies, pizza, broil, roast, bake, bagel, and toast. Feel free to experiment with the cooking settings the temperature & timer to see what the appliance can deliver. If you have children or clumsy people in your household, then you’ll be pleased to know that Breville has also got you covered on that end when it comes to this machine. It retails with a cool to the touch exterior, which implies that regardless of how long the appliance stays in operation, it’s outer surface won’t get hot even one bit. This will ensure that whoever comes into contact with it amidst operations doesn’t sustain any burn injuries.
- Another feature worth noting is its non-stick interior. This feature makes it one of the easiest to clean toaster ovens. Using this guide on how to clean the interior of a toaster oven, you’ll be able to leave it sparkling clean in under 5 minutes. Note: while cleaning this toaster oven’s interior, ensure you do not use any abrasive materials.
- Heating elements of the highest quality
- Feet are anti-skid on wet surfaces
- The exterior surface remains cool to the touch during operations
- Easy to clean and use
- Fitted with 10 pre-set cooking functions
- Very powerful and sturdy
- Extremely durable
- The power cord is sufficiently long
- Are you scouring the internet looking for a Breville toaster oven with a retro design that looks like something from the past but performs like something straight out of the future? If your answer to that was a big, bold, yes, then allow me to introduce you to Breville BOV860BSS Smart Oven.
- The first thing I loved about the unit was its air frying setting. If you’ve never heard of the setting before, it simply implies that instead of using oil to deep fry your meals, it will use air and little to no oil to deliver the same meal. So, if your goal has been to eat healthy lately, this is the appliance for you.
- What’s more? The fact that the appliance has been fitted with an air-fryer feature implies that you will not need to invest in a standalone air fryer, which in turn saves precious space on your kitchen counter. During my test sessions, I also noticed that the air frying setting can deliver some of the tastiest guilt-free French fries, chicken wings, and more family favorites. Other than the air frying setting, other cooking settings you will find on the appliance include slow cook, warm, reheat, cookies, pizza, broil, roast, bake, bagel, and toast. These have been backed up by the dual speed convection setting, which will reduce the cooking speed by up to 30 percent. The higher speed convection will speed the cooking time even more by raising the hottest air inside the oven and sinking the colder, less dense air for faster cooking. This is also the setting that will be used while Air Frying.
- Boasts a resilient see-through door
- Fitted with a dual-speed convection setting
- Has an LCD display
- Has a dedicated air fry setting
- Boasts 11 cooking functions
- Cooks 30 percent faster than other convection ovens
- Easy to use and clean
- The last, but by no means the least Breville toaster oven in our detailed enumeration is the Breville BOV670BSS Toaster Oven. This top-notch toaster oven is a well-known model in the kitchen appliances industry for its ability to do a great job without being too complicated to operate (even for total beginners.)
- In fact, it was among one of the easiest to operate toaster ovens I reviewed while coming up with this guide. The unit’s design is also compact and sturdy, both of which allow it to save precious space on your counter. The compactness, coupled with the lightweight nature of the appliance, also makes it easy to move around when necessary. I was able to test the appliance from the comfort of my couch while watching my favorite movie without a hassle.
- Retails from a reputable brand
- Fitted with smart element IQ heating elements
- Has been convection-powered
- Boasts 8 cooking functions
- Comes with a backlit, easy to read LCD
- Compact to save on counter space
- Very safe to use
- Durable and sturdy
There you have it, my shortlist of the 7 best Breville toaster ovens in the marketplace today. If you still have a hard time making a final decision and picking from one of the seven, allow me to chip in and help you out.
My favorite from the list above was the first, Breville BOV800XL Toaster Oven, and for good reason. This restaurant toaster oven managed to combine simplicity, reliability, and efficiency: which are the features that every toaster oven owner should strive for. That said, if you had already picked a different model from the list above, stick to it. All seven products are at par when it comes to performance, it’s just that Breville BOV800XL Toaster Oven better appealed to my personal preferences.
And what will be the best Breville toaster oven in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!